Android app issue

Community contributed apps
kirkwood

Android app issue

Post by kirkwood »

This is probably a very simple fix but I so rarely adjust my RA settings that I constantly forget the install stuff. Anyway I got a new ASUS tablet and copied the app settings that work on my droid phone but its not working on the tablet at all. I keep getting error 15 timeout.
binder

Re: Android app issue

Post by binder »

are they on the same wifi network? (your phone and tablet)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
kirkwood

Post by kirkwood »

Yes they are connected to the same wifi network. I entered the same IP address and home port.
binder

Post by binder »

how fast of an connection is set? like are you having it query the controller every 5 minutes? are both devices querying at the same time?
you can run into issues if the controller is talking to another device when you try to connect and it is unable to connect and times out.

kirkwood

Post by kirkwood »

My phone updates every 15 min. My internet speed is the fastest Comcast offers in the Atlanta metro area. I am running 2 dual band routers connected in tandem off the same modem. I see no reason for there to be a conflict between the two.
binder

Post by binder »

the speed of your internet is irrelevant. i was simply trying to say that if your tablet and your phone happened to try to connect to your ra wifi at the same time, there could be timeout issues.

kirkwood

Post by kirkwood »

Any other ideas?
binder

Post by binder »

sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling can help. I don't have a good answer unfortunately. i have encountered this before on my nexus 7 tablet before. I don't recall the exact way i fixed it either.

kirkwood

Post by kirkwood »

So I entered the IP address of the RA that was listed in the router. That made the app work. However I know this IP addy is static so I could lose connectivity. Another weird thing I noticed is that I don't have a "custom logs" tab like I do on my phone app. ?
binder

Post by binder »

I don't know what you mean by custom logs tab. the only thing remotely close is custom variables and you have to enable that tab. goto settings and then controller and custom variables and enable it to display that tab.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk