Oscilloscope Question (Jebao CP-40)

cosmith71

Oscilloscope Question (Jebao CP-40)

Post by cosmith71 »

Could anyone recommend a CHEAP oscilloscope for checking out the waveform from a Jebao controller? I have a CP-40 on the way and I want to see how it's controlled.
Last edited by cosmith71 on Fri May 13, 2016 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
rimai

Re: Oscilloscope Question

Post by rimai »

Oscilloscope are good for only really fast and repeatable waveforms. Especially digital waveforms like PWM.
The Jebao controller uses analog, so you will have to make the oscilloscope trigger when it either edges up or down and freeze it after so many seconds. So, you can only check out a few seconds at most of the waveform.
I have one of those handheld ones and a good bechtop one.
The handheld works fine when you don't need that much readings resolution.
They are like $60. Search for dso201.
Roberto.
cosmith71

Re: Oscilloscope Question

Post by cosmith71 »

I didn't think about that. Has anyone checked out the CP-40 (Gyre replacement) controller to see if it's Jebao standard stuff?
cosmith71

Re: Oscilloscope Question (Jebao CP-40)

Post by cosmith71 »

So here's what I know after a brief amount of time with the CP-40 controller.

From Facebook.
Jebao/Jecod Cross-Flow Pump Update ****
I had a private conversation with Jecod and it appears the cross-flow pump (now called CP-40) has the same connector but different pinouts from the RW pumps. This means that the JBWave as well as the RW stock controller/twins controller and any others like Apex adapters will not work. Plugging any of these controllers into the CP-40 may damage the pump but this is not confirmed. I am waiting delivery so I can very this myself and make whatever modifications are needed to make the JBWave compatible. In the mean time, please do not plug the JBWave (or any other Jebao controller) into the CP-40 pump until I can verify this.
-Joe
It's not standard Jebao stuff. Apparently the pump itself contains no control circuitry (unlike the other Jebao pumps). It also has the capability of turning in reverse, which indicates it's not just a simple 0-5v control scheme.

Any thoughts?

--Colin
rimai

Post by rimai »

I have used the controller for the gyre that coralvue developed on the original gyre pump and it works pretty well.
It allowed me to control the forward/reverse direction as well as the speed.
If the connectors are the same, you may be able to use the same module.
Roberto.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Can anyone translate this?
The CP-40 uses a 3-phase sensorless BLDC motor. So any controller would need to generate the 3 phase signals, plus use Back EMF sensing to control rpm.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

rimai wrote:I have used the controller for the gyre that coralvue developed on the original gyre pump and it works pretty well.
Just to clarify, you used the controller that comes with the Gyre on the Jebao?
rimai

Post by rimai »

cosmith71 wrote:Can anyone translate this?
The CP-40 uses a 3-phase sensorless BLDC motor. So any controller would need to generate the 3 phase signals, plus use Back EMF sensing to control rpm.
It means that you need a motor driver that is capable of driving a 3 phase motor that has no sensors. It is similar to RC car motors.
That's why another user was trying to use a RC car motor controller to drive the DCT pumps.
Roberto.
rimai

Post by rimai »

cosmith71 wrote:
rimai wrote:I have used the controller for the gyre that coralvue developed on the original gyre pump and it works pretty well.
Just to clarify, you used the controller that comes with the Gyre on the Jebao?
No, I tested the icecap gyre controller from coralvue with the original gyre pump and it worked very well with RA.
Roberto.