What should I pay for used RA?

robmwpropane

What should I pay for used RA?

Post by robmwpropane »

Hey guys , I'm looking at a used RA for sale. RA Plus pwm, with just the basics that come with the kit. He said the unit is 2 years old but only has 1 float switch. I would like to know if there's been different revisions of any of the hardware, or if it's all about the same. Also, what should I offer / pay. So far were somewhere around $180.

Thanks!! Any comments welcome. (I'm dead set on RA, just need to find the right deal to get one)
cosmith71

Re: What should I pay for used RA?

Post by cosmith71 »

I think there may have been some changes to the outlet box, but honestly it's not a big deal unless you're out of the US. New units are $269. It's missing a float switch and you'll probably have to replace the pH probe. I'd probably try to go a little lower.
robmwpropane

Post by robmwpropane »

Thanks for your response. I was literally hours away from puling the trigger. With that said, and what I'm getting, I think I might as well buy new.

Plus, on top of all that, I've been reading through the forums. I like how the maker of RA is constantly online helping people, uploading codes, troubleshooting, etc. I'd like to support him, if at least for the initial purchase.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Yup. Roberto is great. :D
robmwpropane

Post by robmwpropane »

....I sure hope so, just accidentally ordered 2 by mistake and PayPal won't let me cancel the one. I sent an email to Roberto to cancel one, but I know how some companies are about that....
robmwpropane

Post by robmwpropane »

Just to follow up with this, Roberto contacted me earlier today and cancelled one of the orders. Can't wait!!
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Awesome!