Filter ATO signal

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
pisanoal1

Filter ATO signal

Post by pisanoal1 »

Hello,

Is there a way to filter the ATO signal? I would like to use the single float switch method, but their is a constant slight wave motion in the chamber of my sump that the float switch is in. Ive tried some methods to dampen the wave around the switch but they have been unsuccessful. My ATO port as a result, switches on and off constantly. Is there a way to "average" the signal over say a minutes time to determine if the ATO port should come on to fill? Or maybe a way to say - if the ATO port is triggered then stay on for x amount of time. If using the latter, any ideas on a safety feature like the timeout? Maybe, if the ato is triggered x number of times in a short time period then trigger the "timeout" feature until manually reset?

Thanks
pisanoal1

Re: Filter ATO signal

Post by pisanoal1 »

Alternatively, what have others done to manage this?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

You can wrap it in a timer.

if (now()%SECS_PER_HOUR<10*SECS _PER_MINUTE) { //put ato code here } else { // put relay off here }

This lets the ato code work only for the first 10 minutes. You can adjust it to be as low as your ATO timeout so that it goes once an hour only or whatever interval you change SECS_PER_HOUR to.
pisanoal1

Post by pisanoal1 »

Awesome, I will try this. Thanks
pisanoal1

Post by pisanoal1 »

So I finally coded this in, and it works except that about once a day, the ATO will trigger the timeout. I'm guessing that at the time the timer goes off, the float switch bobbed to be left not full. I have the timer set to work for 2 minutes every hour, and the timeout is set to an hour. I've noticed when its timed out, the sump level is right, so I know its not timing out after running the full 2 minutes.

What about coding it so the ATO would automatically run for x amount of time per hour (1 minute or 2 minutes), with some sort of if statement on the float switch that will not allow the relay to come on if the float switch triggers high sump level.

Thanks
rimai

Post by rimai »

Are you using standard ATO or single ATO?
Roberto.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

There's this:

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.SingleATOLow(1, 60, 1);
That's use port 1, timeout of 60 seconds, and the last 1 is for "come on only once every 1 hour". Change it to however many hours you like.

--Colin
pisanoal1

Post by pisanoal1 »

rimai wrote:Are you using standard ATO or single ATO?
Single
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Honestly there is some bug I think in the ATO code because when using the WLATO I still get a consistent ato timeout when I run it at 8pm. And granted, I run it only once every few days because it's my ATO reservoir I'm filling. Out of curiousity when duinrg the day do you find it timing out?
pisanoal1

Post by pisanoal1 »

I haven't noticed it at any specific time. It seems random I would also only notice it certain times of day when I actually walk by and see it.