Couple of basic but important questions

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
jcjrogers

Couple of basic but important questions

Post by jcjrogers »

I have a couple of basic but important questions:
  • 1. Can you turn relays on/off/auto with the controller? I was lookong and don't see how. I see the list of relays and the state they are in but don't see how to access them.

2. I had to reset my modem and now my Cloud Wifi goes back and forth between green and off (mostly green). When this occurs, is it best to reset the Cloud wifi (unplug from the controller and plug back in), reset the controller, or just let nature take its course ans wait it out?
rimai

Re: Couple of basic but important questions

Post by rimai »

You can if you create your menu.
Search for custom menu.
Roberto.
jcjrogers

Post by jcjrogers »

rimai wrote:You can if you create your menu.
Search for custom menu.
Ok. So other than Bluetooth and a custom menu, is there a way to access relays with a direct connection?
rimai

Post by rimai »

You can plug the usb-ttl cable to the controller and control it with serial commands.
You can create your own code to implement the relay on/off that you want.
Roberto.
jcjrogers

Post by jcjrogers »

rimai wrote:You can plug the usb-ttl cable to the controller and control it with serial commands.
You can create your own code to implement the relay on/off that you want.
The critical situation was that I had no Wifi, and that is now resolved. However, it will happen again, and I need to be prepared.

I tried to search "custom menu" but didn't see anything that really pertained. I'm not even sure where the menu code is stored, though assume it is a function. I really just want the controller to have the same capabilities as the Uapp, less the graphing and such. I assumed it would work that way out of the box (obviously a bad assumption). The two biggest things I need are 1) Ability to control relays, and 2) Ability to reboot the controller without removing the cable. Being able to input all of my parameters would be nice, but I'll take what I can get.

Realize, there is no real documentation for anything at least not that I've been able to find. It's pretty much hunt and peck in the forums and ask a question when you hit a wall. I've gotten a pretty good handle on the general programming stuff, but this is a whole new dimension I know nothing about, which I expected to only need if I wanted to do something like make the font bigger or the text a different color or display my name. I had no idea I had to program the menu for basic functionality. I've hit a wall on this one and need some help.
rimai

Post by rimai »

There is a pdf that Curt put together a while ago:
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=311
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

i even created a java based app that creates the code for a menu for you to copy and paste into your code. ill see if i can find the link on the forum for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
binder

Post by binder »

in the software forum, under the apps forum there is a custom menu generator sticky thread.
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1773

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Last edited by binder on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: included link to forum topic
jcjrogers

Post by jcjrogers »

Thanks guys! I'll dig into this.