Reef Angel and Latest Arduino similtaneous installation

Related to the development libraries, released by Curt Binder
Naptalene

Reef Angel and Latest Arduino similtaneous installation

Post by Naptalene »

Hi guys, hopefully you guys can tell me how to do this.

I'm on OS_x El Capitan on a 2009 Mac Pro at home and Sierra on my work current gen Mac pro.

I run the latest Arduino for my 3d printer to load the firmware etc.
How do I install the RA and the Arduino as two "seperate" things? On my PC they instaled as two seperate things but on the Mac I was getting weird errors and on Sierra I had to install an old Java version. I tried to download the latest RA IDe version from here but if have Arduiino and RA installed the RA says it's corrupt and the Arduino stops working.

It's most likely that I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone shed some light for me?

Thanks
Believe it or not.... I can ask even stupider questions than this one.
cosmith71

Re: Reef Angel and Latest Arduino similtaneous installation

Post by cosmith71 »

I ended up uninstalling the RA Arduino and just running the Web Wizard for RA and Arduino for my 3D printer.
KRavEN

Post by KRavEN »

Here's how I do it on windows.

For everything below replace %userprofle% with your actual path like c:\users\KRavEN

1. Uninstall any IDE including RA.
2. Go to %userprofile%\AppData\Local and delete Arduino15 directory
3. Install RA IDE
4. Go to %userprofile%\AppData\Local and rename it to ArduinoRA
5. Rename directory %userprofile%\Documents\Arduino to %userprofile%\Documents\ArduinoRA
6. edit %userprofile%\AppData\Local\ArduinoRA\preferences.txt and change sketchbook.path=%userprofile%\Documents\ArduinoRA
7. edit the RA shortcut on your desktop and change the target to "c:\Program Files (x86)\Reef Angel Controller\arduino.exe" --preferences-file "%userprofile%\AppData\Local\ArduinoRA\preferences.txt"
8. Now startup RA IDE and verify the sketchbook location and also the preferences.txt location

Now you can install whatever arduino IDE you wish and it shouldn't interfere with your RA IDE. I haven't tested the library upgrade or wizards so your mileage may vary.

If you work out the steps to do the same on a mac please post the details.
Naptalene

Post by Naptalene »

thanks so much :)
Believe it or not.... I can ask even stupider questions than this one.