Reef Angel Star Naming ports

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
FrozenReef

Reef Angel Star Naming ports

Post by FrozenReef »

So after some frustration and trying several different things ive come to a road block with my new controller. I would like to name the ports on my 2 relay boxes but the code examples I have came across dont seem to want to compile. I was using this code:

ReefAngel.CustomLabels[11]="Heater";

For box one port one. seems the way the star sees the ports is a bit different than the older controllers do. It just gives me error of:

firmware.ino:46:5: error: 'ReefAngel' does not name a type
ReefAngel.CustomLabels[11]="Heater";

not sure what im doing wrong
rimai

Re: Reef Angel Star Naming ports

Post by rimai »

You are not doing anything wrong.
We changed the way labels are treated on the web wizard and this functionality is still not available.
I'm almost done with it though.
It should be there in a couple days.
Roberto.
FrozenReef

Post by FrozenReef »

Wonderful. I do have to say the web wizard makes things a breeze to get basic functions going. Will check back again in a few days. Does the web wizard at this point limit what code you can plug in in general? I had also downloaded the desktop wizard but seems that is only configured to be used with the old controllers.
rimai

Post by rimai »

No, there is no limit. In fact, the web wizard will probably be the to go app for generating code.
The only problem is that it does not allow for development test, so if you are a hard core programmer and want to create your own libraries to integrate with RA, it wouldn't work.
Roberto.
FrozenReef

Post by FrozenReef »

ok cool so long as I can name the ports and add some cool code I come across in the forums for my lights and wave makers then im good to go. im definitely not a hardcore programmer :lol:
rimai

Post by rimai »

Give it a shot.
Go through the wizard again and it should have a spot to enter the labels.
Roberto.
FrozenReef

Post by FrozenReef »

awesome will try it out once I get home. A few other things I noticed while setting up the controller is The different modes for the wave maker (jebao rw15) both reef crest and lagoon are pretty much a constant. every min or so the pump ramps up or down by 1% and and only ramps between 68% & 75% (when set at 75% as highest point) I was under the impression that reef crest would be similar to the vortech settings. I had also tried plugging in some code out of the wave patterns post but just get errors. im assuming that the code im using is just not compatible with the layout of the star controller.

ultimately I would like to be able to set the wave maker to randomly change its mode throughout the week. along with ramping down at night. I tried to run an if statement saying that if daylight is less than 20% on the pmw channel then the dc pump would run no higher than say 30%. and eventually would like to add storm modes to lights and wave makers synced for some awesome effects.

sorry for all the questions and i am sure i will have more. Bit of a learning curve with this controller.