Unreachable address

Related to the Portal
Sellelg

Unreachable address

Post by Sellelg »

I am using a star to connect to the portal. I seem to be connecting and passing parameters to the portal but I get a status of “unreachable address” and cannot expand any of the tabs such as portal settings, graphs etc. I thought that I read on a post to remove wireless address. Does anyone know where that is set?
rimai

Re: Unreachable address

Post by rimai »

Why don't you use the web based Uapp instead?
It is much easier as it uses the cloud server and doesn't need any setup of your router.
In order to make connections using the portal, you will need to setup port forwarding in your router.
Roberto.
Sellelg

Post by Sellelg »

I'm confused. I thought that the portal was the new direction for Reef Angel. That the protocol allows bidirectional communications without the need for static addresses and port forwarding.
rimai

Post by rimai »

No. That is the web based Uapp.
http://forum.reefangel.com/uapp/
Roberto.
Sellelg

Post by Sellelg »

Interesting. I tried uApp but could never get it working. I get data from the portal app but nothing from uapp. I created a new controller in settings and set the portal user and password and left the addresses blank. (I believe that I read that in an earlier post) What am I missing?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Does the status page on your controller show cloud connected?
Roberto.
Sellelg

Post by Sellelg »

I will check when I get home. the portal shoes that it last updated at 2:00 today. maybe it hung up.
Sellelg

Post by Sellelg »

Ok, the controller was hung. I rebooted and it connected. Thanks for the advice
Sellelg

Post by Sellelg »

Interesting. I was able to display status from uApp in my home last night after I reset the controller. Today, from the office, the uApp program does not connect. The whole time the portal is updating from the controller.
Sellelg

Post by Sellelg »

My controller seems to hang at least one time per day. When this happens I get a quick flashing between green and red on the controller. The touch screen doesn’t respond and I have to reboot to clear the condition. Any thoughts? Another thing that I noticed is that the graphing seemed to continue through this hang condition which would suggest the the controller was not totally out to lunch. The cycling of the channels had stopped though. I have one of my channels turn on and off every 10 seconds to pulse one of my wavemaker pumps.
Last edited by Sellelg on Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sellelg

Post by Sellelg »

I also have another set of questions on the portal and uapp functionality. When the controller is not hung, I can access the portal and everything seems to be updating. For uapp, I can only seem to access the control functions, when I am remote. Is there a limitation that would prevent those when I am on the local network? I must be missing something. Thanks for your assistance.
Sellelg

Post by Sellelg »

Controller hung again. Flashing red light
rimai

Post by rimai »

It seems you are getting bus locks.
What kind of pulsing are you referring to?
Is it for koralia type pumps?
I would suggest avoiding that and see if this makes any difference.
Roberto.
Sellelg

Post by Sellelg »

Yeah. I am turning a Tunze powerhead on and off on a 10 second interval. 10 sec on and 10 sec off. Just flipping the outlet on the expansion module. I will try to turn that off to see if it stops hanging. Interesting lock because when it is in the hang State, the pump is no longer cycling and the graphing of parameters no longer works but I am still able to reach the controller with uapp and reboot the controller. Question, I have several features, e.g. water level, ph, temp that are defined in the code but not yet hooked up. Could the absence of those devices cause a bus hang?