Water Level's Limitation

Expansion modules and attachments

Posts: 12166
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 pm
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:01 am
I would also recommend using IDE v1.6.8
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5993
Roberto.

Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:01 am
Location: Santos - Brazil
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:22 am
Sure thing....
Image

Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:01 am
Location: Santos - Brazil
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:39 pm
Ok.. will be a littel difficlt do make myself clear since english is not my mother language... but let's try.

- Download and install IDE v1.6.8 - done!

- Download the latest dev branch of the libraries = done!

- Changed addr+=0x03; to addr+=0x01; in waterlevel.cpp - done!

- Code compiled and uploaded - done!

After that I've calibrate the pipe/sensor out of water (0%), and fully submerse (100%). End of calibration. With the pipe still in the last position (fully submerse), I've hit "Exit Menu" and...... RA* does not show 100% as expected, but only 69% instead.

I Tryed again with orignal code (addr+=0x03;). Before calibration: Channel 1 shows 111%. Did it all over again. Pipe out of water, pipe fully in water... and RA* shows 111% again (instead of 100%)

You may think "Pull the pipe some inches out of the water, dumbass". The problem is that 100% is near in the middle of the pipe (it's a long pipe), and that way is pointless trying measuring anything.

Before asking.... yes, I've tryed with others channels. I even tryed with addr+=0x02;.

It's looks like there is another place in the library with addr+=0x03; fixed, and as much as I try to change in waterlevel.cpp it is not working.

I hope you all can understand me.

Roberto, any Idea?

Anyone?

Best regards
Rafa
Image

Posts: 12166
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 pm
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:29 pm
Does it work correctly if you use a shorter pipe?
Roberto.

Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:01 am
Location: Santos - Brazil
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:59 pm
I Will have to try that... But I think It does since I was using Just Fine with RA+
Image

Posts: 12166
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 pm
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:20 pm
There is a max sensing capability from the sensor itself.
If it goes past the maximum pressure (0.57 PSI), things can get weird like you are experiencing.
Roberto.

Posts: 12166
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 pm
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:20 pm
You can try a pipe with a smaller diameter to see if that makes it better.
Roberto.

Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:01 am
Location: Santos - Brazil
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:43 am
Roberto

I am already using a 1/2" instead of a 3/4" pipe.
Image

Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:01 am
Location: Santos - Brazil
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:57 am
Roberto

I dont think It is the sensor limit. I was using the same pipe and the same sensor (attachment) before, but different controller (RA+ tô RA*).
Image

Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:01 am
Location: Santos - Brazil
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:43 am
Ok Roberto

I did some testing. For all tests, I used only RA * with Multi-Water Level directly connected through an Expansion Port. Everything else was disconnected.

I used the same lean code:

Code: Select all
#include <Salinity.h>
#include <ReefAngel_Features.h>
#include <Globals.h>
#include <RA_TS.h>
#include <RA_TouchLCD.h>
#include <RA_TFT.h>
#include <RA_TS.h>
#include <Font.h>
#include <RA_Wifi.h>
#include <RA_Wiznet5100.h>
#include <SD.h>
#include <SPI.h>
#include <Ethernet.h>
#include <EthernetDHCP.h>
#include <PubSubClient.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <OneWire.h>
#include <Time.h>
#include <DS1307RTC.h>
#include <InternalEEPROM.h>
#include <RA_ATO.h>
#include <LED.h>
#include <RA_TempSensor.h>
#include <Relay.h>
#include <RA_PWM.h>
#include <Timer.h>
#include <Memory.h>
#include <InternalEEPROM.h>
#include <RA_Colors.h>
#include <RA_CustomColors.h>
#include <RA_CustomLabels.h>
#include <RF.h>
#include <IO.h>
#include <ORP.h>
#include <AI.h>
#include <PH.h>
#include <WaterLevel.h>
#include <Humidity.h>
#include <PAR.h>
#include <DCPump.h>
#include <ReefAngel.h>
#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

void setup()
{
    // This must be the first line
    ReefAngel.Init();  //Initialize controller
    ReefAngel.Star();
    ReefAngel.SetTemperatureUnit( Celsius );  // set to Celsius Temperature
   
   
    ReefAngel.AddMultiChannelWaterLevelExpansion();

}

void loop()
{
   
    ReefAngel.Network.Cloud();
    ReefAngel.ShowTouchInterface();
}


The result was this table below:

Image


None of the tests gave an accurate result. I really have some problem.

As I already said, I am using this Multi-Water level for 2 years with RA+ untill last weekend when my RA* arrived and I decided to migrate.

May be something (or not) but very often when calibrating, I get 0 from the reading, and have to start all over again.

best regards
Rafa
Image
PreviousNext

Return to Addons

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests