RA plus failing?

leadguitarist05

RA plus failing?

Post by leadguitarist05 »

I have had my RA plus for about 6 years and other than it's occasional idiosyncrasy it's been a great unit... that being said, I think the main unit is dying/dead. It's stuck in BUS lock and throws a ATO timeout on reboot, I unplugged everything and rebooted it but still BUS locked. While that was occurring it simultaneously would read 0 on all temp probes, and my PH would read 3.11-3.61. After a couple days of this my LCD now shows nothing, backlight will come on, but it's just a blank grey screen. I pulled the unit apart and there is some very slight corrosion on the main chips pins. I cleaned it up as best I could and put it back together, but to no avail. Have I missed anything, any ideas?

it still seems to be running everything just fine, I can still turn ports on and off from the app on my phone, but I don't get temp in the app either, just a 3.11 PH. Could the LCD itself have gone bad causing this problem?

I did just order a replacement RA plus head unit board...
leadguitarist05

Re: RA plus failing?

I tried swapping to my other Relay and the temp and water level started working, but my lcd is still kaput and my PH is still not reading correctly. I'm worried that maybe I should have ordered an LCD screen as well or instead...

I tried re-uploading to the controller (that has fixed issues for me in the past) but still nothing on my LCD.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I don't think the LCD would cause a bus lock, but it may be messed up that even with the new main board, it will also not work. I think to be sure that you will have a working LCD, you should get another one too.
Roberto.
leadguitarist05

Ok, well since I already ordered theMain Board I'll wait and see what happens when it arrives. I'm going out of the country for two weeks starting the 30th of this month. Would it be possible to ad an LCD to the Main Board order I placed last night?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yes, just place another order and I'll refund you the shipping fee
Roberto.
leadguitarist05

Done
leadguitarist05

Roberto, just wanted to say thanks. Turns our both the main RA+ and the LCD were both bad. New unit is working like a charm. Thank you!