New temp probe not working

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
alexr54

New temp probe not working

Post by alexr54 »

Recently got a new temp probe in and its not working at all.
My original is working fine, the new one is not giving any readings at all.

Did something change or is my new temp probe just faulty?
Last edited by alexr54 on Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lnevo

Re: New temp probe now working

Post by lnevo »

Did you reboot after installing it? You could try it in a different port if any difference.

Also the temp probes have a digital serial number and the order the probes appear is determined by that. So the new one wont' necessary be T2...

You may also need to try one at a time. Either way, it isn't recognized without rebooting.
alexr54

Post by alexr54 »

lnevo wrote:Did you reboot after installing it? You could try it in a different port if any difference.

Also the temp probes have a digital serial number and the order the probes appear is determined by that. So the new one wont' necessary be T2...

You may also need to try one at a time. Either way, it isn't recognized without rebooting.
Yes i have tried all 3 ports and all after rebooting. I had a working temp probe in port 1 and 2, when removing the one in port 2 i accidentally ripped the wires so ordered a replacement temp probe. Its not working.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Just to be sure, you have to connect the new probe and reboot. Not the other way around.
All probes are scanned only when the unit boots up. If it is indeed not working, send me a PM.
Roberto.
alexr54

Post by alexr54 »

rimai wrote:Just to be sure, you have to connect the new probe and reboot. Not the other way around.
All probes are scanned only when the unit boots up. If it is indeed not working, send me a PM.
Yup i have rebooted several times. I will try again just to be sure.
alexr54

Post by alexr54 »

Yes its not working.