DC Pumps that work with RA

Expansion modules and attachments
libertyaquarium

Re: DC Pumps that work with RA

Post by libertyaquarium »

After 2 years running a Jebao DC pump it finally died last night. RIP

Any alternative in ourdays to a Returning Pump that can be controlled by RA (using RA*). I use a "robertoflow" kind of code on my system and would love to keep using it.

Anyone?
Last edited by libertyaquarium on Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
libertyaquarium

robmwpropane

Post by robmwpropane »

libertyaquarium wrote:Humm

Look what I found:

https://www.reefbreeders.com/shop/aqual ... x-adapter/
I have used that. It works, but sadly I couldn't get it to work without causing "bus locks" on the RA. I have some shielded cat 6 wire to try, but haven't gotten around to it. I only had bus locks when I had the dimmer expansion module controlling both the LED lights and the pump. I could control either or just fine. I even tried running the pump controller on the other side of my 6' tank and it still cause locks. Again, shielded wire may have fixed the problem....I just need to do it and see.

Just sharing my experience.

My DCP (either 10000 or 12000) has been going strong for 3 years now, still works as the day it was new.. I do try and make a point to clean every 6-12 months.
libertyaquarium

TKS for sharing

I would get the same problem. I would like to control a wavemaker and a DCT (or DCS) Pump on the same time.

Well.. any news on it give us all a feedback, please
robmwpropane

Post by robmwpropane »

libertyaquarium wrote:TKS for sharing

I would get the same problem. I would like to control a wavemaker and a DCT (or DCS) Pump on the same time.

Well.. any news on it give us all a feedback, please
Your welcome. It's been a few years since I messed with the controller, so I wouldn't hold your breath. It's on my list, but life has a funny way of catching up....kids, work, wife, etc.

For now, I run the pump at the same speed, so not really any reason to use the controller. Someday I would like to get it up and running, like I said, I have the shielded wire, would just take an afternoon to wire up (lights, and controller). I'll get there...

Edit: I had mentioned having the DCP pump for 3 years, I redid the math and it's only been 2....just wanted to clarify (I'm sure it'll now die now that I've mentioned it's still going...)
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Did you try using the Daylight/Actinic PWM ports on the relay box if you have an older RA or a bigger stretch of a solution would be getting a STAR and using the builtin PWM on the unit and separating the lights from the pump. One on the dimming module and the other on the builtin
robmwpropane

Post by robmwpropane »

lnevo wrote:Did you try using the Daylight/Actinic PWM ports on the relay box if you have an older RA or a bigger stretch of a solution would be getting a STAR and using the builtin PWM on the unit and separating the lights from the pump. One on the dimming module and the other on the builtin
Yes. I tried it both ways. One from the dimming expansion relay and then also from the pwm from the box. Both ways caused bus locks. As I said, next step would have been to use shielded wire to see if it blocked the interferences.

The Star came out about a year after I got my RA. I'm not sure if it would cure my issues or not....would be an expensive fix though...
pisanoal1

Post by pisanoal1 »

robmwpropane wrote:
lnevo wrote:Did you try using the Daylight/Actinic PWM ports on the relay box if you have an older RA or a bigger stretch of a solution would be getting a STAR and using the builtin PWM on the unit and separating the lights from the pump. One on the dimming module and the other on the builtin
Yes. I tried it both ways. One from the dimming expansion relay and then also from the pwm from the box. Both ways caused bus locks. As I said, next step would have been to use shielded wire to see if it blocked the interferences.

The Star came out about a year after I got my RA. I'm not sure if it would cure my issues or not....would be an expensive fix though...

Any progress made? I have a dcp that I run closed loop and would be interested in varying the flow if you figured this out.