New Here Wifi Isssues

New members questions
brennyn21

New Here Wifi Isssues

Post by brennyn21 »

Hello, I have purchased a second hand RA+, this included wifi attachment. I used tera team to update the unit, I setup a static IP in my router and set it on my device with port 2000. I used the wizard to put in my forum name and subdomain and uploaded it to my RA+. I then forwarded port 2000 on my router. I can use the static IP on my Lan and see the device interface and it works great but i cannot get the portal to work. I tried deleting the ddns reuploaded the code and still no luck I am lost on what I am doing wrong. The port is for sure forwarded, but I'm not sure how I connect it to the portal I have looked throughout the forums and can't figure out what I am doing wrong
Sincerely, Brennyn
rimai

Re: New Here Wifi Isssues

Post by rimai »

Don't use the DDNS. Not available anymore.
Try updating the settings of the wifi attachment: https://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4601
Roberto.
brennyn21

Post by brennyn21 »

Thanks for the quick reply, I have already updated using TeraTeam and the Macro. Do i need to input settings into the portal anywhere or just use login and when I use the uapp it states username unknown
Sincerely, Brennyn
rimai

Post by rimai »

Are you sure you don't have multiple routers?
I can see data on the portal, which means it should be able to connect to your controller if you setup port forwarding correctly.
If you use the ip address shown in the portal and try to connect to your controller using your phone on 4G network, are you able to connect? If you can't, the portal won't be able to do it either.
Roberto.
brennyn21

Post by brennyn21 »

Yes I have port forwarding setup correctly I can attach a screenshot. Do i use my static IP to connect to the controller through the portal?
Sincerely, Brennyn
rimai

Post by rimai »

The portal will log the originating ip address automatically.
It will show on the top right corner (Reef Angel wifi address).
That is your public ip address.
If you can connect to the ip address using your phone on 4G network (not on wifi), the portal should be able to.
Try connecting to http://your_ip_address:2000
Change your_ip_address to the ip address the portal shows.
Roberto.
brennyn21

Post by brennyn21 »

Thank you so much for your help. I reflashed the wifi module with terateam and i can see my device on the portal, but it still shows unreachable so maybe my port forwarding isn't working correctly I will keep messing with it
Sincerely, Brennyn
brennyn21

Post by brennyn21 »

So after a few hours of messing with it I can make it work only on my LAN. When I i use 4g its a no go. I saw in a old thread you told someone to try hivemq and I followed those steps while connected to my wifi and also using my 4g and it connected each time without an issue so I am stumped i have port 2000 forwarded using tcp internal and external
Sincerely, Brennyn