My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4
-
leadguitarist05
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:00 am
- Location: Anderson California
My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4
I've set up my Reef Angel Plus for about a month now. It was reporting fine, but suddenly I get no web based history. I can login to the portal just fine and see current stats, I can still control the relays just fine, but no historical data. Any suggestions?
-
Outback
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:48 pm
- Location: Livermore, CA
Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4
Did you get it to work? Is the Portal down? I'm setting up a used RA+ and having the same problems. However, I have not had it working in the past, so I don't know if it's my RA+ or an issue with the Portal.
-
howaboutme
- Posts: 246
- Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:10 am
- Location: Northern VA
Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4
I just noticed this issue as well, even in the UApp. Hopefully we get a response from Roberto...
Jack
-
Outback
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:48 pm
- Location: Livermore, CA
Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4
I did acquire an old unit. I upgraded the WiFi module to firmware 4.85, and ran the configuration script. The Host IP is set to 104.36.18.155:80 (I hope that is correct!) I used the Web Wizard to do the configuration.
Thanks!
Dave
Thanks!
Dave
-
leadguitarist05
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:00 am
- Location: Anderson California
Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4
So the web history is now recording correctly? Is the IP yours or reefangels? I also noted that this seemed to coincide with a security certificate expiration that happened in the beginning of July.Outback wrote:I did acquire an old unit. I upgraded the WiFi module to firmware 4.85, and ran the configuration script. The Host IP is set to 104.36.18.155:80 (I hope that is correct!) I used the Web Wizard to do the configuration.
Thanks!
Dave
-
Outback
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:48 pm
- Location: Livermore, CA
Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4
Nope, no web history. I can use the Android app (Curt Binder's Reef Angel Status, ver 2.4.0) remotely via my firewall's port forwarding, and locally.)
The Host IP is what is configured into the WiFi module by the wifi attachment no ftp.ttl script. (It is also the IP of the Reef Angel forums). (In several posts, Roberto has referred to a thread that has instructions for updating the WiFi module for people who have acquired old equipment. )
I think I keep getting UAPP and the Portal confused. At some point, I added my external IP address somewhere and I was able to get current temp and pH to show up, but not much else - no graphs, history or control.
I connected the Control Head's TTL output to my PC using the USB to TTL cable. Ever so often it does what looks like a web app request: GET /status/submitp.aspx?t1=791&t2=788&t3=0&ph=796&id=Outback&em=0&em1=0&rem=0&bid=1&key=&ddns=&af=0&sf=0&atohigh=0&atolow=0&r=96&ron=0&roff=255&pwma=0&pwmd=0&pwmao=255&pwmdo=255
If I try that from PowerShell or a browser, I get: HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.
As I said, I have never had it working in the past, so it could very well be a configuration issue on my end.
Dave
The Host IP is what is configured into the WiFi module by the wifi attachment no ftp.ttl script. (It is also the IP of the Reef Angel forums). (In several posts, Roberto has referred to a thread that has instructions for updating the WiFi module for people who have acquired old equipment. )
I think I keep getting UAPP and the Portal confused. At some point, I added my external IP address somewhere and I was able to get current temp and pH to show up, but not much else - no graphs, history or control.
I connected the Control Head's TTL output to my PC using the USB to TTL cable. Ever so often it does what looks like a web app request: GET /status/submitp.aspx?t1=791&t2=788&t3=0&ph=796&id=Outback&em=0&em1=0&rem=0&bid=1&key=&ddns=&af=0&sf=0&atohigh=0&atolow=0&r=96&ron=0&roff=255&pwma=0&pwmd=0&pwmao=255&pwmdo=255
If I try that from PowerShell or a browser, I get: HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.
As I said, I have never had it working in the past, so it could very well be a configuration issue on my end.
Dave
- mav3rick478
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:00 pm
- Location: CA
Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4
Interesting, i just connected through the Uapp and it sees my controller, tells me pH and temp but there are no graphs. I wonder if it works if i was at my home network because right now I'm connected using my remote credentials that i use for the app. I won't know till tomorrow night when we get back home. Have any of you messaged Roberto? I could've sworn i looked at graphs last week for my pH.
Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
-
howaboutme
- Posts: 246
- Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:10 am
- Location: Northern VA
Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4
I wasn't aware of this until I read this original post. I have not seen a history since at least then.
Jack
-
rimai
- Posts: 12857
- Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 pm
Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4
I can't seem to find out what is wrong.
Here is a banner from someone I see that is still sending data just fine:

What host ip address are you using?
Here is a banner from someone I see that is still sending data just fine:
What host ip address are you using?
Roberto.
-
rimai
- Posts: 12857
- Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 pm
Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4
I just tested the host ip address mentioned above (104.36.18.155:80) which points to forum.reefangel.com and I got a valid response....
http://forum.reefangel.com/status/submi ... &pwmdo=255
http://forum.reefangel.com/status/submi ... &pwmdo=255
Roberto.
-
Outback
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:48 pm
- Location: Livermore, CA
Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4
104.36.18.155
But I am doing a "new" set up with old equipment, so it could certainly be on my end.
I have updated the firmware in the wi-fi module and run the configuration script.
But I am doing a "new" set up with old equipment, so it could certainly be on my end.
I have updated the firmware in the wi-fi module and run the configuration script.
-
Outback
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:48 pm
- Location: Livermore, CA
Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4
Hmmm. From my browser, it works if I use the URL (forum.reefangel.com) but not if I use the IP address. I'll reprogram the RA+ to use the URL.
Question: I have configured the wi-fi authentication. Does the Portal support that? I would think I'd need to give the portal the credentials somewhere... Maybe should try turning that off?
Thanks!
Dave
Question: I have configured the wi-fi authentication. Does the Portal support that? I would think I'd need to give the portal the credentials somewhere... Maybe should try turning that off?
Thanks!
Dave
-
rimai
- Posts: 12857
- Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 pm
-
Outback
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:48 pm
- Location: Livermore, CA
Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4
I connected to the wi-fi module via the USB to TTL cable. I added these 2 lines and saved.
and everything on the portal works now!!!

Roberto, I think if you updated the web server's certificate it may have somehow configured the web server to only accept requests by name and not IP address??? Maybe the Let's Encrypt code did it?
Code: Select all
set ip host 0.0.0.0
set dns name forum.reefangel.com
saveRoberto, I think if you updated the web server's certificate it may have somehow configured the web server to only accept requests by name and not IP address??? Maybe the Let's Encrypt code did it?
- mav3rick478
- Posts: 36
- Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:00 pm
- Location: CA
Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4
Works now, only have graphs for an hour but at least it's working again, thanks everyone.
Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
-
howaboutme
- Posts: 246
- Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:10 am
- Location: Northern VA
-
leadguitarist05
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:00 am
- Location: Anderson California
Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4
Thank you. Great to have the data back!rimai wrote:Ahhh.... that was it
Thanks
Fixed now.