Did someone say iPhone app?

Community contributed apps
wolfador

Re: Did someone say iPhone app?

Post by wolfador »

Yes it is 24hr time, I will make it more clear in the next update.
John
ReefAngel and ReefAngel-HD developer
If the RA iOS app has helped please consider a donation
Xender

Post by Xender »

Good!

It would be great to have the possibility to add custom menu as "Feeding Mode" button.
Fresh Water Aquarium 180*60*80
Salt Water Aquarium 60*60*60
Click Here to see the Video of my Fresh Water Aquarium
dedvalson

Post by dedvalson »

Hi,

I downloaded the new iPhone app and got the latest development libraries this morning.

There appears to be a problem with the new Mode buttons.

Pressing either "Feeding Mode" or "Water Change" on the iPhone app puts the RA into "Water Change" mode. I verified this by looking at the front panel of the RA controller.

I tried sending the /mf and /mw commands manually with my browser and they worked properly.

Thanks,

Don
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

sorry bout that, both buttons were linked to the waterchange. Just submitted a bug fix to Apple. Hopefully we get the same turn around as last time and it is available tomorrow. I will let you know.

Thanks again for finding that.
John
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

Update was approved and should be available.
John
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

Did a fairly quick conversion to iPad and submitted it to Apple. This one will be called ReefAngel-HD. I think we can make nice use of the larger real estate on the iPad to do some cool things so this is currently just a clone of the iPhone with the UI tweaked to support vertical / horizontal screen.
John
Francois

Post by Francois »

Hi

Thanx for the great work, would it be possible if we can edit the temp. names in the application like you would edit the Realys names in settings. As it is on Water, Room1, Room2 by defualt in My Tank.

Thanx
Francois
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

Francois wrote:Hi

Thanx for the great work, would it be possible if we can edit the temp. names in the application like you would edit the Realys names in settings. As it is on Water, Room1, Room2 by defualt in My Tank.

Thanx
Francois
just finished adding this in, will be in next update, probably early next week.
John
Francois

Post by Francois »

wolfador wrote:
Francois wrote:Hi

Thanx
Francois
just finished adding this in, will be in next update, probably early next week.
Cool Man :D

Keep up the great work

Francois
Xender

Post by Xender »

Hello!
binder wrote:
  • Switched to use HttpURLConnection, allows for read and connect timeouts
  • Added connect & read timeouts to host class
  • Added ability to enter in userid for web banner on reefangel.com
  • Added ability to choose to query controller directly or reefangel.com for values
curt
Can you add the same features? :roll:
Fresh Water Aquarium 180*60*80
Salt Water Aquarium 60*60*60
Click Here to see the Video of my Fresh Water Aquarium
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

I added in the ability to pull the temp/relay names from the web banner. so instead of having to type them in manually it will grab them from there. Saves a bit of time.
John
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

ReefAngel-HD for iPad was just approved, should be available in the App Store soon.
John
Cruzer

Post by Cruzer »

Hello,

So is the DYN email server thing a paid service? I have registered with the site and do not have a problem paying a small fee for this APP to work, but wanted to check and see before buying a years subscription to the site.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Roberto.
Cruzer

Post by Cruzer »

Chris, first thing you want to do is go to http://www.dyndns.org, create a new account and setup a new hostname. By doing this, you will create a new host address. Something like "chris.dyndns-remote.com". What this will do is bind the chosen host address (chris.dyndns-remote.com) to your IP address that your ISP will give to you. This gives you a way to access your home network outside of your home.
When you start to set up one of these accounts they ask you for an IP address, right below it they show your current IP address, do I use that one, or do I need to contact my cable provider to get a different one?
Sebyte

Post by Sebyte »

Just use the one you see, the DYNDNS service will take care of the rest.
Cruzer

Post by Cruzer »

Okay,
I have the WiFi adapter configures with the computer as the tutorial stated. I have a domain with Dyndns. I have gotten into my router and set up the DDNS to reflect the domain. I think I need to find the WiFi adapter on the network now but I have several things on the network and I do not know which one is the adapter. Do you know what the generic name that is wouldshow as?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Should show as Wifly
Roberto.
Cruzer

Post by Cruzer »

Thanks, do not see anything like that. It is connected to the controller and is doing the slow green blink. Maybe it is not on the network? I do not remember configuring it onto the network. Will keep working it. The other stuff is all working great, thank you for all the help Roberto.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Cool.
Let me know when you feel everything is working as expected and we can go and start coding the Kalk stuff.
Slow green blink is good. It means it is connected to your network.
Did you use the wifi graphical utility to setup the wifi attachment?
You can use it again and click the button "View wifi settings" to see which ip address it picked up.
Roberto.
Cruzer

Post by Cruzer »

I used the wifi graphical utility to set it up. I will run it again and see. I am just trying to get the controller steady for now. Would like to get the remote monitoring done since I am going out of town for a few days next week. Not going to start a dosing other than ATO till I am back and can be around if something goes wrong.
Cruzer

Post by Cruzer »

When I try to run the graphical utility again it will only let me choose comm port 1. When I set up the controller it was on com port 3. Now when I do things following the directions in the utility nothing gets sent to the wifi adapter. It still sits there blinking the green light though.
Ace25

Post by Ace25 »

Is there a reason this requires IOS 4.3? Is there something in 4.3 that makes this work? Reason I ask is I have an iPod Touch 2nd Gen, works fantastic, but I just learned Apple doesn't support it any longer and the last IOS I got on it was 4.2.1. I can't go any higher. This is the first App I have tried to download that said "No, 4.3 is required". Kind of.. actually, extremely bummed out that I can't use this, been looking forward to something like this for over a year now.
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

Ace25 wrote:Is there a reason this requires IOS 4.3? Is there something in 4.3 that makes this work? Reason I ask is I have an iPod Touch 2nd Gen, works fantastic, but I just learned Apple doesn't support it any longer and the last IOS I got on it was 4.2.1. I can't go any higher. This is the first App I have tried to download that said "No, 4.3 is required". Kind of.. actually, extremely bummed out that I can't use this, been looking forward to something like this for over a year now.

There are a number of things that require 4.3. I can try and build you a custom one that would work on 4.2, might take me a bit as I am currently working on a big update.
John
Ace25

Post by Ace25 »

You don't have to do that. I was more curious if there was actually anything in the App that required 4.3 in order to work or if this was just Apple's way of making an older/working product instantly obsolete.

I just discovered I have many other apps that have now been "updated" and require 4.3 just to install (tells you how long I updated my iPod, Apple stopped supporting 2nd Gen iPods March 2011 and I just discovered this when I tried to download your App), even though I paid for them years ago and they work fine. I know those apps/games have nothing that requires 4.3 on those, but I had no idea about your App which is why I asked. If your app uses features that 4.3 provides I will just have to bite the bullet and get a new Apple product. I was waiting for the iPod Touch 5th Gen to come out but I still do not see a release date for them so I may have to grab a 4th gen. Thanks for the reply.
serhiyi

Post by serhiyi »

Does this work with WiFi Authentication? I saw some posts about issues, but not sure if that was resolved.

I was testing app inside the house with local IP and it works. But I want to be able to access controller from anywhere using phone (android). Before setting up router to handle redirect I added security to controler.

I'm able to use access by 192.168.1.100:2000/wifi and it asks for user and password. Works great.

Now with my iPad I can't access controler from app. It was working great untill that one line of code for wifiauthentication.

My code:

Code: Select all

void setup()
{
    ReefAngel.Init(); //Initialize controller
    WifiAuthentication("ra:test");
    ReefAngel.SetTemperatureUnit(0);
    ReefAngel.PWM.SetActinic(0);
    ReefAngel.PWM.SetDaylight(0);
It does not even ask for user and password. Am I missing somehting?

Thanks,
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

The wifi authentication is changing in the upcoming library release so it was not added into the iPad app.
John
Cruzer

Post by Cruzer »

I have the app working and it is great, thank you for all your work. Is it possible to have the app display the same information but not be able to change anything, just monitor? I ask because my Daughter is a great help with the tank and would be great if I could put the app on her phone also but not allow her to make any changes to anything.
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

currently there would not be a way to do that. If there is enough interest I can make a display only version.
John
rimai

Post by rimai »

I thought you had implemented pulling data from webbanner too, didn't you?
Roberto.