Client Suite 2.2

Community contributed apps
aranax

Re: Client Suite 2.2

Post by aranax »

I get this now when trying to compile after I uncommented all the stuff previously..

In file included from RA_Jeremiah_10c.cpp:47:
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel_Features/ReefAngel_Features.h:194: error: expected unqualified-id before '/' token
In file included from C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel_Globals/ReefAngel_Globals.h:30,
from RA_Jeremiah_10c.cpp:48:
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:39: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'time_t' with no type
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:39: error: typedef 'time_t' is initialized (use __typeof__ instead)
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:39: error: 'getExternalTime' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:72: error: 'time_t' does not name a type
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:74: error: 'int hour' redeclared as different kind of symbol
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:73: error: previous declaration of 'int hour()'
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:74: error: 'time_t' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:76: error: 'int hourFormat12' redeclared as different kind of symbol
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:75: error: previous declaration of 'int hourFormat12()'
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:76: error: 'time_t' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:78: error: 'uint8_t isAM' redeclared as different kind of symbol
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:77: error: previous declaration of 'uint8_t isAM()'
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:78: error: 'time_t' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:80: error: 'uint8_t isPM' redeclared as different kind of symbol
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:79: error: previous declaration of 'uint8_t isPM()'
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:80: error: 'time_t' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:82: error: 'int minute' redeclared as different kind of symbol
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:81: error: previous declaration of 'int minute()'
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:82: error: 'time_t' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:84: error: 'int second' redeclared as different kind of symbol
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:83: error: previous declaration of 'int second()'
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:84: error: 'time_t' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:86: error: 'int day' redeclared as different kind of symbol
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:85: error: previous declaration of 'int day()'
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:86: error: 'time_t' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:88: error: 'int weekday' redeclared as different kind of symbol
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:87: error: previous declaration of 'int weekday()'
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:88: error: 'time_t' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:90: error: 'int month' redeclared as different kind of symbol
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:89: error: previous declaration of 'int month()'
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:90: error: 'time_t' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:92: error: 'int year' redeclared as different kind of symbol
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:91: error: previous declaration of 'int year()'
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:92: error: 'time_t' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:94: error: 'time_t' does not name a type
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:95: error: variable or field 'setTime' declared void
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:95: error: 'time_t' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:108: error: variable or field 'setSyncProvider' declared void
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:108: error: 'getExternalTime' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:109: error: variable or field 'setSyncInterval' declared void
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:109: error: 'time_t' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:112: error: variable or field 'breakTime' declared void
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:112: error: 'time_t' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:112: error: expected primary-expression before '&' token
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:112: error: 'tm' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\Time/Time.h:113: error: 'time_t' does not name a type
In file included from RA_Jeremiah_10c.cpp:53:
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DS1307RTC/DS1307RTC.h:17: error: 'time_t' does not name a type
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DS1307RTC/DS1307RTC.h:18: error: 'time_t' has not been declared
In file included from RA_Jeremiah_10c.cpp:62:
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel_Timer/ReefAngel_Timer.h:31: error: 'time_t' does not name a type
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel_Timer/ReefAngel_Timer.h:39: error: 'time_t' does not name a type
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel_Timer/ReefAngel_Timer.h: In member function 'void ReefAngel_TimerClass::ForceTrigger()':
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel_Timer/ReefAngel_Timer.h:35: error: 'Trigger' was not declared in this scope
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel_Timer/ReefAngel_Timer.h: In member function 'void ReefAngel_TimerClass::SetInterval(int)':
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel_Timer/ReefAngel_Timer.h:36: error: 'Interval' was not declared in this scope
In file included from RA_Jeremiah_10c.cpp:64:
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel/ReefAngel.h: At global scope:
C:\Users\jmaza.ATVI\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel/ReefAngel.h:205: error: 'time_t' does not name a type
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

I think you're uncommenting more than you need to.

Just remove the double slashes (//) not the slash *'s (/* or */)

Edit:
Also you might be trying to get too much done at once.. Best way to tackle the ReefAngel is one feature at a time.. Once you get it working move on to the next.
aranax

Post by aranax »

thanks. I checked to verify that every /* had a */ and I missed one. I need to learn how to read the errors :). Thanks again.

That said...it compiles now but my sketch is too big. I'm going to comment out some stuff but this is gonna bite me later when I need other functions.

It works but is running out of space this quickly normal? If I uncomment #define wifi I run out of space unless just about everything else is commented out.

I'm out of space if the following is defined:
#define DateTimeSetup
#define VersionMenu
#define MetalHalideSetup
#define StandardLightSetup
#define wifi
#define CUSTOM_MAIN

Jeremiah
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

Yup, totally normal to run out of space quickly.

#define wifi takes up a very large chunk of memory.
#define DateTimeSetup is a memory thief as well - Only used once then never again (Except for DST - curt might have fixed this though to auto update)
#define VersionMenu is kind of useless

I personally on run with #define wifi. and #define RelayExp (Testing Only)

All the other menu functions are kind of unnecessary. They're pretty much set once or twice and never use again. Once you get the Client up and running, you can change all those settings anyway from the Memory tab.

The only other features I want to mess around with is customizing the main screen of the controller and have large Temp/pH fonts and ditch the graph. Haven't tried messing around with it yet, though.
aranax

Post by aranax »

Thanks all. It looks like I'm up and running. Awesome support!

I decided to to drop time setup since I can't access that menu anyway :). Thanks again.

Jeremiah
aranax

Post by aranax »

Yay I have a sig now. All is working perfectly. Thanks everyone. :)

Jeremiah
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

Lookin pretty good there, Jeremiah. Glad you got it working.

Last thing I would do is open up your error log again, clear it out and save. Could just be me, but I feel better with an empty error log :)
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Bryan wrote: Neptunes latest offering the jr does not come with a visual interface as the programming and parameters are all done on the pc. Screen is a added option. Stripping out the screen code would save a fair amount of memory I assume.

-=Bryan=-
binder wrote: That was the whole point of the memory reading/writing. We wanted to make it so you can easily update the memory values without having to use the controller. You are correct, removing the setup menus does save on space. That's why I suggest that you have SIMPLE_MENU enabled and DateTimeSetup removed to strip out all the extra code required for the setup screens.

If a user has wifi enabled, then they are most likely going to be running the Client suite or use some other way of updating their controller values. So having the extra setup screens on the controller isn't really necessary. However, if a user doesn't use wifi then they will most likely still need a way to update the memory from the controller. Now we can accommodate both.

curt
Yes, I would think that most users probably have the unit tucked under their aquarium cabinet and probably would rather just look at the pc to check parameters. I find the screen so small that I am squinting to see anything. As ReefClient gets more advanced, can see no use for the screen and the joystick. It's all good stuff

Cheers
-=Bryan=-
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

Hey Dave still down. The procedure I took was;
Updated to curts latest libraries,verified on controller.
uninstalled current 2.1 version.
Installed 2.2 version.
Like stated before the only thing I notice different when done was that the yellow light doesn't flash on my wifi unit anymore. I will post my Features and .pde in a min. Need to use different computer.I some reasons think the problem might be my cable from controller to wifi.going to try teraterm to see if i can connect.
My browser returns "no page found" when i try the ip's you had me try.

Thanks Brian
rimai

Post by rimai »

bmhair03 wrote:Hey Dave still down. The procedure I took was;
Installed 2.2 version.
Like stated before the only thing I notice different when done was that the yellow light doesn't flash on my wifi unit anymore. I will post my Features and .pde in a min. Need to use different computer.I some reasons think the problem might be my cable from controller to wifi.going to try teraterm to see if i can connect.

Thanks Brian
I does look like you have the #define wifi commented out on ReefAngel_Features.h file.
Roberto.
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

bmhair03 wrote:Hey Dave still down. The procedure I took was;
Installed 2.2 version.

Thanks Brian

Also, I re-read my last post where I wanted you to test out the IP addresses in a browser and realized it was confusing.

I wanted you to take the URL's that I posted above and swap out the bold parts with your actual information from your own settings screen. Not sure if that's what you did, but it kinda sounded like you tried using the url's that I posted, which probably won't work for you. You need to tweak them and supplement your settings in for the bold parts.

If that's what you did (USe your own settings in the url) - then I agree, it sounds like #define wifi is still commented out or missing..
rimai

Post by rimai »

Hey Dave,

I don't know how elaborate your installer creator software you are using, but you could setup something similar to what the Reef Angel Installer does to find out which port and if there is a controller found and also check whether define wifi is being used.
If you can't do it on the installer part, maybe in the dashboard with a "Test" button.
It would check for a controller connected in the COM port setup in the dashboard (Curt has all the details... It's not difficult... He's the one that created the application I'm using), or check for a received ping requests to the IP setup in the dashboard. First one would physically find the controller and the second one would just find the wifi attachment, but that's just a better than nothing.
If nothing is found, just return a message that it could not find the controller or wifi attachment.
Then if if those are found, you can then send a "GET /r99" to check for proper response. If the response is correct, chances of stuff not going according to plan are very slim. If the response is not correct, we know there is a problem in the communication.
What do you think?
Roberto.
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

heres those files I promised.
// Autogenerated file by RAGen (v1.0.3.79), (03/13/2011 14:43)
// RA_031311_1443.pde
//
// This version designed for v0.8.5 Beta 12 or later

#include <ReefAngel_Features.h>
#include <ReefAngel_Globals.h>
#include <ReefAngel_Wifi.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <OneWire.h>
#include <Time.h>
#include <DS1307RTC.h>
#include <ReefAngel_EEPROM.h>
#include <ReefAngel_NokiaLCD.h>
#include <ReefAngel_ATO.h>
#include <ReefAngel_Joystick.h>
#include <ReefAngel_LED.h>
#include <ReefAngel_TempSensor.h>
#include <ReefAngel_Relay.h>
#include <ReefAngel_PWM.h>
#include <ReefAngel_Timer.h>
#include <ReefAngel_Memory.h>
#include <ReefAngel.h>

void setup()
{
ReefAngel.Init(); //Initialize controller

// Ports that are always on
ReefAngel.Relay.On(Port5);
ReefAngel.Relay.On(Port6);
ReefAngel.Relay.On(Port7);
}

void loop()
{
ReefAngel.ShowInterface();

// Specific functions
ReefAngel.StandardLights(Port1,20,00,1,00);
ReefAngel.SingleATOLow(Port2);
ReefAngel.StandardLights(Port3,10,30,19,30);
ReefAngel.StandardLights(Port4,10,00,20,00);
ReefAngel.StandardFan(Port8);
// Have PWM on from 9a to 6p, with gradual 60 minute ramp up and down starting at the given times
// From 9a to 10a, the PWM will slowly ramp from 0% to 100%
// From 5p to 6p, the PWM will slowly ramp from 100% to 0%
ReefAngel.PWM.SetActinic(PWMSlope(10,0,20,00,15,100,60,ReefAngel.PWM.GetActinicValue()));
ReefAngel.PWM.SetDaylight(PWMSlope(10,30,19,30,15,65,60,ReefAngel.PWM.GetDaylightValue()));

}
// AutoGenerated file by RAGen (v1.0.3.79), (07/14/2011 14:51)

/*
* Copyright 2010 / Curt Binder
* Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License")
* you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
* You may obtain a copy of the License at
* http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
* Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
* distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
* WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
* See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
* limitations under the License.
*/

#ifndef __REEFANGEL_FEATURES_H__
#define __REEFANGEL_FEATURES_H__

#define DisplayImages
#define VersionMenu
#define ATOSetup
#define DisplayLEDPWM
#define wifi
#define SingleATOSetup
#define StandardLightSetup

#endif // __REEFANGEL_FEATURES_H__
thanks
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

Something tells me that Features file isn't being used.

Just by looking at the number of features you're trying to use, you should probably be seeing errors saying sketch size too large. Are you sure this is the /libraries folder that is being used by arduino?
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

Yeah it the only one i have . It has a sketch size of 30008(of 30720).Same one Ive been using all I did is update the libraries? I will try i fresh reflash of controller.
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

did just find something.When i open the Features folder in the libraries there is a Features folder and a H file.
when i open the Features folder ther is a copy of the same H file? Is that right?
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

I don't know, man.

When I use the 0.8.5.16 libraries with the same features file as you and a very simple sketch - I get a sketch too big error. 32124 bytes.

When I use your sketch file - it compiles even larger 32700 bytes.

That's the reason I think the features file isn't being used for whatever reason..

dmolton

Post by dmolton »

It should look something like:

arduino-0022/libraries/ReefAngel_Features

Inside that folder is one file - ReefAngel_Features.h

^^ That's the file that should be modified.. Any other files or folders inside the ReefAngel_Features folder, delete.
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

When I remove the extra file i get wifi cpp138 error on compile. I think i need to start over from the beginning feel like Im going backwards!
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

That's your best bet.. Download a fresh copy of the 0.8.5.16 libraries. Use them to replace all the existing ones you have. Enable nothing but wifi in the features file. Make sure you can browse those url's we talked about earlier. You should be fine after that
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

Do i check any of the logging boxes in the generator?
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

I think that's for the sending your temps/ph/relay information to reefangel.com directly from the controller/wifi adapter. It shouldn't matter really, you can send the info from the controller or the client
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

Thanks its been a while since I have made .pde's and updated libraries but it'll all work in the end.It always does.
laytonp

Post by laytonp »

I am still having some issues with this install. I can't seem to get anything from the controller. I am able to upload a sketch file just fine but when I try the client or the serial reader I get nothing. I am running this over USB and have tried the various things talked about in the thread so far with no luck. As a side the controller still seems to be functioning fine I am just not able to get the suite to work.
What I have tried so far:
-I did a full reinstall of everything
-updated my sketch with the latest libraries and when I check the version on the controller it reflects the latest one
-when running the serial reader it sees the controller and says its ready, but when I send the command (GET /r99 )I don't get anything back
-checked the features.h file for wifi being commented out and corrected it.
-in RAgen when i try to find the controller it finds it

Thanks for the help
binder

Post by binder »

dmolton wrote:I think that's for the sending your temps/ph/relay information to reefangel.com directly from the controller/wifi adapter. It shouldn't matter really, you can send the info from the controller or the client
No, you do not need to check anything under the Logging. With WIFI enabled, the controller just listens for the wifi requests. If you are using the Client Suite, then you can just forget the logging section exists.
Yes, the Logging section is for the controller to send the data directly to reefangel.com for updating your web banner. But the Client Suite can do that for you, so you don't need to worry about it.

Jeremiah - I would suggest you remove DateTimeSetup define and just update the Date & Time via Client Suite. In fact, this is what I would suggest / recommend you have in your features file:

Code: Select all

#define wifi
#define SIMPLE_MENU
#define CUSTOM_MAIN
#define VersionMenu
This will give you the most reduction in code size and allow for you to control / adjust all the settings via the Client Suite. It will let you control the feeding & water change modes from the controller plus a few other important tasks. You can always check what version is on the controller from the menu (this could actually be removed to save a couple bytes, maybe 100). Finally, you will have the most flexibility for re-arranging the main screen.

curt
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

To make things worst Ive writen 2 long replys and both disappered. sorry both had alot of info .
2 long stories short. It is doing the same thing
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

bmhair03 wrote:To make things worst Ive writen 2 long replys and both disappered. sorry both had alot of info .
2 long stories short. It is doing the same thing
Are you sure you're uploading the right libraries? Did you use the ReefAngel installer to get arduino and all that installed?

If so, I noticed there's two library locations.

One in:
C:\Program Files\Reef Angel Controller\libraries\

^^WHich Is NOT the right place to update dev libs

another in:
C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Arduino\libraries
^^ Which IS to be used.
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

starting WAY over.
I think I some how have 2 Arduino files
Last edited by bmhair03 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
aranax

Post by aranax »

Hey bmhair,
Have you verfied your settings in Arduino under Tools ---> Serial Monitor? Run the Serial Monitor, verify your Baudrate, type GET /r99 , then send.

"-when running the serial reader it sees the controller and says its ready, but when I send the command (GET /r99 )I don't get anything back". I had the exact same problem then I verified everything in Arduino, ran the Serial Monitor, closed Arduino then checked the RA Client Serial Reader and I started to get gibberish. I'm sure I did a bunch of other things that as well (I update as soon as I remember) but that's what comes to mind.

Jeremiah
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

Dave I think your on to the problem .Any fix.