SpeedWave/Jebao DC pumps

Expansion modules and attachments
Drs1210

Re: SpeedWave DC pumps

Post by Drs1210 »

Is anybody running the Jebao KM ECO variable pump, yet? Fish street has the KM-6500 for $60 plus 45 for shipping. Just curious to see the thoughts on these.
rimai

Post by rimai »

They are supposed to be exact same copy as the Speedwave :)
I love my speedwave.
Roberto.
Drs1210

Post by Drs1210 »

How much did you pay for yours, if you don't mind me asking?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Roberto.
Drs1210

Post by Drs1210 »

Great, thanks!
bhazard

Post by bhazard »

The Jebao KM Pump is not the Speedwave lookalike. A newer model is about to be released called the DC-6000, 9000, and 12000 with the adjustable controller. This version should also work with the Jebao cable for the Reef Angel.
Drs1210

Post by Drs1210 »

I think I'm going to buy the Jebao KM pump anyways. Its still a lot cheaper, even with shipping, and it says it uses the same adaptive variable frequencey technology as the Jebao wp-40.
Hudds

Post by Hudds »

Keep in mind though that the current Jebao KM pump does not feature an external controller like the wp40 or the SW/WL return pumps, just the plug cord.
I think its not controllable as it is. If I'm wrong, please someone correct me.
Yorgos
Drs1210

Post by Drs1210 »

I decided not to buy it. It says for 240v 50hz. I thought if it used a AC/DC converter it wouldn't matter but fish street said it still wouldn't work. Anyways, I found a couple of websites that are selling the waveline DC 600, but its $209.
bhazard

Post by bhazard »

Drs1210 wrote:I decided not to buy it. It says for 240v 50hz. I thought if it used a AC/DC converter it wouldn't matter but fish street said it still wouldn't work. Anyways, I found a couple of websites that are selling the waveline DC 600, but its $209.
I forgot to mention that. 220v only.

You're looking for the DC-6000 or DC-12000. Wait a few weeks and you will start to see them.

As for the price, I was able to get an order in on it through a Jebao group buy recently, and the group buy price is $70 for the DC-6000!. It should be coming in this or next week for me, and maybe fish street. I would think Fish Street would sell it around $120 is retail shipping included.
Drs1210

Post by Drs1210 »

Thanks for the info. What jebao group buy did you get it from?
bhazard

Post by bhazard »

Drs1210 wrote:Thanks for the info. What jebao group buy did you get it from?
Manhattan Reefs. Buy is long over though.

If anyone somewhere started another one up, I'm sure it could be done and sent within a month's time.
Drs1210

Post by Drs1210 »

Ok thanks.
Drs1210

Post by Drs1210 »

rimai wrote::(
You can only use one Water level module per system.
I know it is an inconvenience. I'll have to see what can be done.
I have an extra reef angel head unit, would it be possible to somehow use that with my other reef angel so I could run two water leverl module's?
rimai

Post by rimai »

No, but I should be getting my prototype board in about a week.
This module will have 4 water level sensors :)
Roberto.
Drs1210

Post by Drs1210 »

As if my wife isn't mad enough already! Now I need another one for the overflow and my ato water!
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Wow! That sounds like fun!!!
Amos Poh

Post by Amos Poh »

Question: how do i connect my Jebao Cable to the PWM dimming expansion module?

Thanks in advance :D
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

I'm not familiar with the dimming expansion module. Do they have different connections than the Daylight and Actinic PWM ports that are on the Relay.

From an Image I saw in the manual once it looks like screw terminals.

If that is the case cut the ends of the PWM connector on the Jebao cable, insert them into the terminals and screw down.
Amos Poh

Post by Amos Poh »

yeah this is the module i have. I recon i have to cut the jebao cables and screw them onto the module but there is 2 wires which wire goes where?
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Just to start off I don't have the dimming module, so I'm not 100% certain, but if you were to plug the Jebao Cable into the port, the left is negative and the right is positive.

I would think the Expansion Module would be the same, you may want to wait for an answer from someone who has the module and has done it.

I wouldn't want to damage anything by hooking it up backwards.
Drs1210

Post by Drs1210 »

I have the dimming moudle. The first 6 screw terminals are for the channels. The last 3 are the ground.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

You won't damage it trying. It shoudl only work one way. One wire will go on the channel and the other on the ground. Good luck.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Drs1210 wrote:I have the dimming moudle. The first 6 screw terminals are for the channels. The last 3 are the ground.
Good to know for when I build my LED's I don't have to buy 6 dimming port led wires.
lnevo wrote:You won't damage it trying. It shoudl only work one way. One wire will go on the channel and the other on the ground. Good luck.
I was thinking worse come to worse it would run backwards. HA.
Amos Poh

Post by Amos Poh »

Thanks guys wonderful peeps we have here in the forum always never fail to answer our queries!

Keeping my fingers cross iam going to test it out shortly! ;)
Amos Poh

Post by Amos Poh »

just to double check. i can hook it up with my waveline DC10000 right?
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Bulk Reef Supply just announced that they have the Speedwave DC Pumps.
I don't know if these are the new generation that bhazard has been referring to or not.

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/speedwave ... 0-gph.html

This is the 790GPH, they also have a 1320 GPH and a 2640 GPH.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I don't think those are the new ones, but awesome that they are carrying them.

Does anyone who is good with this stuff know what would be best for me? I'm currently running a Triton-3 which is rated at 850GPH. I have it closed back with a ball valve, but not too much. I'm not sure what the head-loss is with that pump, but anyway trying to think long term if I should go with the 790GPH or 1320GPH speedwave. I'm assuming I'd have no problem dialing back the 1320 if I control it from RA to where I need and from what I've read that is better for the pump, yes? It would also leave me lots of flow to setup a manifold and drive my reactors and have lots of extra flow at ready. Thoughts, opinions?
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

OMG. Lee is usually the one answering the questions not asking them. :lol:

If you want the extra room for a manifold the 1320 sounds like the plan for you.
The 790 would probably be fine if you didn't want to have extra flow.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Lol I'm only 12 months into this hobby and Ive only had this one pump :) I should have mentioned that it was a 65 gallon tank :) on,y issue with doing the manifold is I use my water change as a way to rinse my media in my reactor, so I'd need some solenoid valves to control the flow to my reactors..and with the speedwave I guess I'd have to limit the flow as well...what do most people do with manifolds, just shutdown return? Maybe I'm happy with my separate reactor pump... What do you guys do?