WIFI inop

Expansion modules and attachments
daniella3d

Re: WIFI inop

Post by daniella3d »

I have terraterm installed. I will try it tomorrow, hope this work.

daniella3d

Post by daniella3d »

I tried terraterm, I tried cool term, nothing work. How do you make that work? If I type $$$ nothing at all happen with neither sorftware.

do you just open one of these softwares, make a connection and then copy and paste the text? or type it in?

Nothing seem to work. Can't pas any text and if I type anything, it does not show up.

??
dbmet

WIFI inop

Post by dbmet »

Make sure you pick the right adapter in settings, then the baud rate is 57,600 them click connect. Then you can use $$$ enter. Then you can upgrade.

There is a new update of 2.38 so you might be able to use the wifi tool that you used to configure the module. I think there is a setting to update the firmware.
daniella3d

Post by daniella3d »

what software does that refer too? there is no such thing as connect in terraterm that I can see?? No such thing as settings either??

I did use the wifi software to update the firmware and it says "firmware updated" except that I have no idea how to see what version is installed and if the update actually worked.
dbmet

WIFI inop

Post by dbmet »

Are you on a Mac or PC?
daniella3d

Post by daniella3d »

I am on PC.

NO problem connecting to the wifi module with the installation software. I did the firmware update so I am guessing that I now have the latest installed. I just wish I could check what's installed.
DrewPalmer04

Post by DrewPalmer04 »

Try putty it has baud rate etc for connection for sure. Then you can check your version and upgrade
Out for now...but not over.

VISIT: Ethernet Module/Wifi Alternative
daniella3d

Post by daniella3d »

Seems that the firmware update done with the Wifi installer software is working! I did not have a single disconnection problem since monday and today I did a test by unplugging my modem just to see if the wifi would reconnect on its own after losing the connection and it did!

It blinked blue when I disconnected the modem and then I replugged it and after a few second it reconnected on it's own. No need to unplug it. So from now own it seems that when ever it will lose the connection, it will be able to resume it.

wooopeee!
00Warpig00

Post by 00Warpig00 »

Hopefully it lasts for you. I was pulling my hair out with the Wifi mod. No matter what I did, I could never make it past a couple weeks before the disconnect no reconnect issue would resurface. Strangest thing. Would be fine for 1 day... 4 days... a week... a week and a half... then back to disconnecting and no reconnection 3 times a day. I recall making it longer than a week on a few occasions, never more than two weeks. ever! Hopefully the newest firmware will resolve this soon. Keep us posted :)

Nick
180G FOWLR
20GH QT#1
29G QT#2

barbianj

Post by barbianj »

FWIW, I had intermittent disconnection problems with my wifi. Tried two different routers, a Belkin that would not stay connected, and a Netgear that worked most of the time. Recently switched to a new Linksys 2700, and have not had any issues since. Working flawlessly. Not trying to promote any certain router, but it was definitely a variable in my case.
daniella3d

Post by daniella3d »

I have not had any problem since last time, so it's been working good for a month now. It does disconnect from time to time because of the router being shut down on a few occasions but it reconnect on its own every time.

I use a Cisco Linksys EA3500. I did the IP reservation to make sure the router always assign the same IP to my Wifi.

The new firmware fixed the problem for me well.