Did someone say iPhone app?

Community contributed apps
binder

Re: Did someone say iPhone app?

Post by binder »

805reefer and a few others have expressed interest in having the iPhone app updated. We've tried to contact wolfador (Jon) to see if we could update things and have him release the updates for us OR if somebody else would be in charge of maintaining the app and handling the releases.

I don't mind being the one in charge of pushing out the releases and paying for the developer account. However, I do not have any iOS programming experience (it can't be that hard, can it??). I don't want to create any confusion or step on anybody's toes either. I would think that if somebody else started maintaining the software that there would be a little confusion at first but that could be easily remedied.

Before I attempt to pursue anything further, I just want to see what the opinion is of everybody and if there are any iOS developers that would want to help out. If anybody wanted to release the software, we would need to be able to maintain communication with them (no offense) to be able to perform the releases.

Like I said, I can get the account and do the "front work" for sure if others want to contribute.

Thoughts??
dbmet

Post by dbmet »

I say go for it. I would help but I don't have any programming experience so good luck. I did buy a kindle fire and rooted It and installed jelly bean just to be able to use the Android app. Lol.
805reefer

Post by 805reefer »

I say you take over we need somebody that is willing to keep up on up dates and any issues we are having with the app I would be willing to pitch in on any fees if needed
DrewPalmer04

Post by DrewPalmer04 »

The iOS side of programming is pretty straight forward. I'm all for helping as well with what is needed. I won't be going anywhere anytime soon. I say you play around with xcode a bit and you'll see that it's not that bad. I'll help in anyway I can with releases and updates, etc.
Out for now...but not over.

VISIT: Ethernet Module/Wifi Alternative
rpogge

Post by rpogge »

Does anyone else have an issue with the PH graph showing as a straight line even though when you pass youre finger along the line the datapoints have the correct values?

My Temp graph looks fine, it goes up and down as it should.

Thanks !
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The problem is the resolution of the graph. It shows from 0-15 which when your ph is between 7.9-8.1 for daily swings is just not going to register well on a graph like that. Even temp graph goes from 0-100 but if your temp is swinging a lot it may be easier to see.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

In other words, its normal. Its much better to use the graphs through the web from the portal like this..

http://forum.reefangel.com/status/chart ... &filter=ph
Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

I would say we need someone else to takeover the iPhone app. It's falling behind and some things plan don't work.

I wish I could help with this but I'm clueless with coding. I would however be willing to help by donation. I would also be able to help with any art work needed.
binder

Post by binder »

Seedlessone wrote:I would say we need someone else to takeover the iPhone app. It's falling behind and some things plan don't work.

I wish I could help with this but I'm clueless with coding. I would however be willing to help by donation. I would also be able to help with any art work needed.
It most likely will be. I honestly have not had a chance to look into the creation of apps and the terms of creating a developer account. I believe I will be the one taking over the development and getting contributions from people for it as well.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

My brother is a registered dev. I'm going to try and pick his brain on some of the logistics.
binder

Post by binder »

lnevo wrote:My brother is a registered dev. I'm going to try and pick his brain on some of the logistics.
My only question and concern is simply for the fact that it's an open source project. I haven't read the EULA to know the specifics of how we can store the code. I may have to make the code private on my own git server. I may also have to re-create the app from scratch in order to post it on the app store.

See what he says and let me know. You can PM me directly instead of posting in this topic. I'm going to "try" to read the EULA tonight as well.
thekameleon

Post by thekameleon »

I am finishing up the Windows Phone 7/8 and Windows 8 apps. (Hopefully submitting to the store in a few weeks). I may look into porting it to other devices. I'll post some screen shots on a separate thread.
Swope2bc

Post by Swope2bc »

Any news on the Iphone app? I am in the "i wanna buy" stage but want to make sure it will do all that i want it to before ordering...
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The iphone app, despite its flaws does work great!

Anything it doesn't can be done through the portal or http interface.

Anything critical your looking for that is a showstopper?
805reefer

Post by 805reefer »

I would really like to be able to see what percentage my pwm drivers are at and be able to change the percentage from the app instead of going to the portal every time it's a lot faster to use the app
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

That looks like it works for the built in ports. The only thing I have an issue with is custom memory locations.
805reefer

Post by 805reefer »

I mean my pwm expansion module
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

For now it looks like jut the built in. The rest should work for memory location, but i can not vouch for that working. It would through portal or directly through an http link. Hopefully we get the iphone dev started agin soon.
805reefer

Post by 805reefer »

Agree hopefully soon
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

It's not that tough without the app. I wouldn't let that stop from purchasing.
daniella3d

Post by daniella3d »

Is there a way to customize the look of the iphone application? like to change the background, button etc?
binder

Post by binder »

daniella3d wrote:Is there a way to customize the look of the iphone application? like to change the background, button etc?
Unfortunately no. At least I'm not aware of any ways.
805reefer

Post by 805reefer »

So is there anyone willing to update the iPhone app I see a lot of android app updates and kind of sucks that there are still no iPhone updates or changes to the app, it would be really appreciated
binder

Post by binder »

805reefer wrote:So is there anyone willing to update the iPhone app I see a lot of android app updates and kind of sucks that there are still no iPhone updates or changes to the app, it would be really appreciated
i am willing to try to update the app, however i do not have any iphone programming experience. i have started to look into it but have not had enough time to devote to it with the updates i have been working on with the android app and my work has been exceptionally busy lately.

i would even settle for someone doing most of the coding and me do the releases for the app to the app store so they don't have to pay for the dev license and we still have access to the app if they were unable to continue developing it.
DrewPalmer04

Post by DrewPalmer04 »

I'll make some changes and send to you. PM me your email. At least have the part done to display AP DP on the main window done. What other changes do people want? I know there are memory issues when saving. Others?
Out for now...but not over.

VISIT: Ethernet Module/Wifi Alternative
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Water level

Changing Memory values working...

No AI info when no AI present...

RF values displayed and working (on ipad they show up but no data)
805reefer

Post by 805reefer »

I would like to be able to change my pwm led drivers percentage
Poiromaniax

Post by Poiromaniax »

I'm new to iOS development but am keen to try make some changes.

Where can I get the project files from?
binder

Post by binder »

Poiromaniax wrote:I'm new to iOS development but am keen to try make some changes.

Where can I get the project files from?
the best place to start would be to get on my github.com page and look for the raiosapp repository and fork it. this will give you a working copy of the app using the new unique name. it looks like somebody is gonna be sending me some changes for it to have the ap/dp stuff improved. once i get those, im gonna try to create an account and release an update (which will be a new app).
binder

Post by binder »

DrewPalmer04 wrote:I'll make some changes and send to you. PM me your email. At least have the part done to display AP DP on the main window done. What other changes do people want? I know there are memory issues when saving. Others?
the memory issues stem from the location always reading and writing a byte value.

it would be cool if there was a list like in my android app and it was a little more user friendly with the reading/writing.