Android Reef Angel Status

Community contributed apps
Mike S

Re: Android Reef Angel Status

Post by Mike S »

I wondered about that but I'm having issues while I'm on my wireless network and the VOIP adapter is between my router and my modem so I wouldn't think that would matter. I can see how it could be causing an issue with trying to commincate externally, but how knows I'm a complete hack when it comes to networking, :) I ordered a wifi adapter for my VOIP which will eliminate having to feed my modem to the VOIP adapter to the router. I'll let you know how that works in a day or two.

The user id that is in the android app seettings. Is that the same ID that I use on this board? For some reason I have a completely different id noted on my instructions and can't remember why I would have noted it. :oops:
binder

Post by binder »

Mike S wrote:The user id that is in the android app seettings. Is that the same ID that I use on this board? For some reason I have a completely different id noted on my instructions and can't remember why I would have noted it. :oops:
With the webbanner stuff, you just had to "pick" a userid and hope it wasn't being used by somebody else. That has changed with the portal. The portal is linked to your login/userid.
So for you, when switching to the Portal, you will want to use your forum userid unless Roberto has other input for you.
Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Ok so I added a wifi adapter to my Ooma VOIP adapter so that it is no longer between my router and modem. I then went into my router and set up my reef angel wifi adapter ip 192.168.1.101 as a static IP and forwarded port 2000. Rebooted my reef angel wifi adapter and the android app started updating and my portal started updating! Then a few minutes later the dread Error 23: XML SAX Parser error and no more love from the Portal getting the Unreachable Address. I also tried setting my starting IP address at 192.168.110 to avoid conflicts and when I do a port forwarding test it shows it as open. I'm at a dead end and don't know what to do next.
Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Looks like it was an issue with my wifi adapter. I switched it out last night and it has been working fine. Thanks for the help Curt and Roberto. Roberto if you'd like me to send the old one back can you pm me your address?
binder

Post by binder »

that's great to hear. glad it's working. i was gonna do a special build for you but now it's not needed.
symon_say

Post by symon_say »

i have been trying to use the app, i set everything with IP real and internal but none seen to work.
Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

Have you checked canyouseeme.org to see if your port is actually open?
symon_say

Post by symon_say »

It is, i use portal and Reef Angel client without problem, but haven't been able to make this app work.
binder

Post by binder »

internal ip will only work if you have wifi on your phone turned on. if you use the cellular data connection, you have to use your public ip address. there isn't anything special being done by this app to make it not work?

what is the exact error you are getting?
symon_say

Post by symon_say »

No error at all, it just don't get or send any data.
binder

Post by binder »

symon_say wrote:No error at all, it just don't get or send any data.
If it's not getting or sending data, then something is preventing it from running properly. If it's working the way it should, it will at least give you an error when it's trying to communicate. This may sound odd, but have you removed the application and reinstalled it? What version of the app are you running?
symon_say

Post by symon_say »

I make it work, problem was it was set for reefangel.com instead of controller, now the problem i have is if my cellphone is on wi-fi i can't access the controller and have to use my data.
rimai

Post by rimai »

That seems a limitation of your router.
I can't do the same thing at the office either because my router doesn't implement loopback, which means I'm trying to access the WAN ip from within the same local network that the WAN ip is connected to.
So, basically the router can't see itself, only others.
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

Just so everybody knows, there is now a "welcome screen" for the app. It only appears for new installs. It will not appear for anybody who currently has it installed. The screen prompts for you IP / URL to your controller, the Port for the controller and your username for the portal. It currently does NOT allow you to select the reefangel.com option from the welcome screen. BUT you can change it later under the settings.

The URL is the only field that IS required. This can be an IP or a URL (just like always). There is an example of my test controller filled in. The only "catch" is that this screen will not allow you to use that URL (you could always change it in the settings but why would you??).

So here's a screenshot of the welcome screen.
Welcome Screen
Welcome Screen
Android_FirstRun.png (68.09 KiB) Viewed 5935 times
Just thought I'd share for people so you would know what all is going on now. :)
projectx

Post by projectx »

Great work like that can noe clear overheat and auto time out from the phone. I am going to do a feature beg for expansion relays lol

Thanks for the upgrade

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
binder

Post by binder »

projectx wrote:Great work like that can noe clear overheat and auto time out from the phone. I am going to do a feature beg for expansion relays lol
I'll see what I can do to get that added.
binder

Post by binder »

Working on a Date & Time screen....
https://plus.google.com/u/0/11649030441 ... Gw7RvNyUcH
binder

Post by binder »

Here's the screenshot of the Date & Time screen. It's almost completed. I've just got to get some translations done and then it should be ready for release.
Date and Time screen
Date and Time screen
DateTimeFinalScreen.png (36.84 KiB) Viewed 5900 times
binder

Post by binder »

I've been busy over the last 2 days. I've almost got a "key" feature that's been requested for a while.....expansion relay support. It's not just for 1 relay, it's for up to all 8 relays. There's a few small details left to be ironed out, but it's working. I've tested it with 1 expansion box and am planning on testing with 3 boxes. The downside is currently it's one really long screen, so you must scroll to view all of your relays. Don't sweat it though. After I get it released, I will be working on a better way (did somebody say swipe left or right) to view the information.

Here's a screenshot of the settings:
Expansion Relay Settings
Expansion Relay Settings
ExpansionRelays.png (36.2 KiB) Viewed 5886 times
rimai

Post by rimai »

Can I ask for feature :) on next revision?
Maybe use EM and REM from XML to determine the expansion modules available?
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:Can I ask for feature :) on next revision?
Maybe use EM and REM from XML to determine the expansion modules available?
So we could have a "Download settings from portal?" option that would download the expansion quantity?
I already pull down all the labels (expansion included) when the user requests the labels. :)
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yes, this would also work for other expansion too.
They could be automatically displayed on main window or additional window when you query the controller or query the reefangel.com site.
if (EM & 1<<0) then it would enable the PWM window or display the %s on main window.
if (EM & 1<<1) then it would enable the RF window or display the mode, speed and duration on main window
if (EM & 1<<2) then it would enable the Aqua Illumination window or display the Aqua Illumination %.
if (EM & 1<<3) then it would display the salinity on main window
if (EM & 1<<4) then it would display ORP on main window
if (REM & 1<<0) then enable expansion relay box 1 window and so forth for additional relay boxes.
I think it would be pretty cool :)
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:Yes, this would also work for other expansion too.
They could be automatically displayed on main window or additional window when you query the controller or query the reefangel.com site.
if (EM & 1<<0) then it would enable the PWM window or display the %s on main window.
if (EM & 1<<1) then it would enable the RF window or display the mode, speed and duration on main window
if (EM & 1<<2) then it would enable the Aqua Illumination window or display the Aqua Illumination %.
if (EM & 1<<3) then it would display the salinity on main window
if (EM & 1<<4) then it would display ORP on main window
if (REM & 1<<0) then enable expansion relay box 1 window and so forth for additional relay boxes.
I think it would be pretty cool :)
I like the idea of it. Currently that could only work for PWM, Salinity and Expansion Relays.
I'd have to add the ORP to the display (on list of things to do).
The RF window doesn't exist yet and the displaying of the values doesn't exist yet either.
The AI window doesn't exist yet and displaying of the values doesn't exist yet either.
This suggestion does give me some ideas though. I'll see what I can work up. :)
binder

Post by binder »

FYI....I've completed the expansion relay support. There's a few other small quirks that I'm going to look into and I'm awaiting on some translations too. Be on the lookout for a release soon.

Oh, and I just tested out controlling and displaying 3 expansion relays....works like a charm with toggling them on/off/auto. :)
binder

Post by binder »

dedvalson wrote:Looking forward to having the Expansion Relay Support. ;)
projectx wrote:Great work like that can noe clear overheat and auto time out from the phone. I am going to do a feature beg for expansion relays lol
You're begs are finally answered. There is now expansion relay support as of 0.5.0.
The only kicker is it works ONLY on 0.9.X or later libraries. The 0.8.5.X libraries handle the expansion relays slightly different and using the expansion relays on 0.8.5.X will most likely cause the app to crash (in fact, I'm almost positive it will). If it does, let me know and I think I know of a way to fix the issue.

Here's the highlights of the release:
  • Date and Time support added
  • Moved Commands from the Internal Memory page to have their own menu entry for faster access
  • Expansion Relay support for ALL 8 expansion relays. (Only works with 0.9.X code and Portal, 0.8.5.X libraries will not work).
  • Added a Reset All Labels for those who want to clear out all the labels quickly
  • Minor bug fixes and updates
Just a FYI on what is coming in the future:
  • Vortech menu
  • Retrieval of enabled features from the portal, so it can automatically enable the expansion relays and others automatically
  • Addition of ORP to status
  • Homescreen widget
  • Automatic / Background updating of data (for widget)
  • Possible alert notifications with background updating....temperature too high/low, ph too high/low, etc (still working out the possibilities of what could be notified or if this is even desirable)
  • Improved layout....swipe left / right to change status views / cycle through status, main relay, expansion relay, etc
As always, feedback is welcome. :geek:
rimai

Post by rimai »

I love it :D
I can finally override it without having to go to a computer :)
Thanks!!!
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:I love it :D
I can finally override it without having to go to a computer :)
Thanks!!!
Welcome. :)
I also have another update that will add in the support for the 0.8.5.X libraries with the expansion relay. I think I'm going to release that one tomorrow along with some other behind-the-scene updates. :)
projectx

Post by projectx »

Very cool thank you very much!!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
binder

Post by binder »

projectx wrote:Very cool thank you very much!!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2
Welcome. Like I mentioned, I have a fix that will work for 0.8.5.X libraries in case you are still running the older version.
Let me know how it works and if you have any issues.
agentgreen

Post by agentgreen »

Any thoughts on adding profiles to the app? So I could setup a Home profile with my internal IP settings, and an Away profile, with my external dynamic DNS host?