New To ReefAngel

Ann_A

New To ReefAngel

Post by Ann_A »

I am considering buying one of these systems, and would like to know a few more things...

Can you control the system remotely from a computer or smartphone/device over an internet connection?
How reliable are the systems?
What all would you recommend as a good basic setup to get?

Thanks!
Sebyte

Re: New To ReefAngel

Post by Sebyte »

Hi

I have just got A Reef Angel and am in the process of setting it up. In answer to your question, once it has been configured and providing you buy the wifi unit you can access the RA remotely via the Internet. I have set mine so that I can use my iPad, and during testing I have found it works well. There is an app for the iPhone as well, and I understand that an Android app will soon be available.

I am sure that Roberto will provide a more in depth reply than mine. I have found that the forum members are very willing to help with suggestions and code.

In short I am very pleased with my purchase!
alexwbush

Re: New To ReefAngel

Post by alexwbush »

I know you do need the wifi unit to be able to more easily do this. I'm sure there are ways to do it if you setup a remote session and keep it plugged in 24/7 as well using the client software if you didn't want the wifi (but this would be a more difficult option I think).

And a good basic setup would depend on what you want to do. The Reef Angel Controller comes with enough to do most functions, but if you're operating LEDs and want to get more fancy or place with moonlights you may want a couple more items. Add the wifi unit and you can do most basic functions (lights, heater, circulation/sump, top off, etc) and control a feeding more, water change mode, etc.