ELN 60-40D strange output

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
serhiyi

ELN 60-40D strange output

Post by serhiyi »

I've been using RA to control my ELN 60-48D drivers for long time, but I never got them to work correctly.

This time I took my lights apart and trying to make them dim using PWM output. It looks like RA sends some strange output from PWM that drivers do not work well.

Let me explain. I set PWM output to 100% and I read almost 10V from it. When I check output from driver I'm getting about 0.9A (I have dialed it down a little).
When I set PWM output to 50% I'm getting about 5V from RA. Looks good so far, but when those 5V go to driver I'm getting about 0.8-0.9A from it. This is not what I would expect. I was looking for something close to 0.5A

I tried to feed driver with 6V from other power supply and driver outputs 0.6-0.7A.
I also used pot from fan to change input from power supply and my LEDs are dimming nicely, but they do not respond to change in input taken from RA ports.

It looks like my ELN 60-48d does not recognize 0-10V from PWM ports. I don't see expected drop in driver's output until PWM gets to 10-15%.

Any advice?
rimai

Re: ELN 60-40D strange output

Post by rimai »

You won't get linear dimming when feeding PWM signal to an analog driver.
You need to feed analog signal into an analog driver if you want linear dimming.
Roberto.
serhiyi

Post by serhiyi »

I'm confused.
PWM ports are sending PWM signals at 0-5V. This is good for PWM dimming.
If RA has a PWM booster I can get 0-10V. To feed analog dimming drivers, right?
I can get different output from RA on those ports. Almost anything between 0V and 10V. Is 7V from RA ports different from 7V on other power supplies? It looks like they are somehow different because my drivers' output is almost the same at 10V and at 4-5V. 50-60% change in RA output only translates to about 5% of drivers output, if that.
Is this expected? What can I do to make those ports work like normal power supply?

Thanks.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

You have analog drivers not pwm. RA is 0-10v pwm or analog depending on what model you got. Eln-60-48p is the PWM drivers..