wifi-how do make controller send data to portal

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
klunk81

wifi-how do make controller send data to portal

Post by klunk81 »

hi there,
just need to know how I can make controller send data to the portal, ive set up the wifi and it displays my readings through the portal but im am unable to control my relays etc it says that my controller is not sending data to the portal also in connection status it says unreachable address, im sorry im not very computer literate.
binder

Re: wifi-how do make controller send data to portal

Post by binder »

klunk81 wrote:hi there,
just need to know how I can make controller send data to the portal, ive set up the wifi and it displays my readings through the portal but im am unable to control my relays etc it says that my controller is not sending data to the portal also in connection status it says unreachable address, im sorry im not very computer literate.
if you used the wizard to create your code, it will add it for you. but if you want to add it manually, you need this line in your loop.

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.Portal("klunk81");

Sent from my iPad mini
rimai

Post by rimai »

I think he mentioned that the portal is getting data, but he can't connect remotely.
You may need to contact your Internet provider to help you setup port forwarding.
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:I think he mentioned that the portal is getting data, but he can't connect remotely.
You may need to contact your Internet provider to help you setup port forwarding.
ah...i misread that. yeah, does sound like a port forwarding issue with his router.
klunk81

Post by klunk81 »

cheers, thanks for your help
klunk81

Post by klunk81 »

hi guys,
I contacted my service provider and they said that they could not help because it was not part of there service(im with Telstra bigpond in Australia) so I called a technician and he remotely tried to set up port forwarding to no avail, my router is a thomson TG82T,i also tried utube and gave it a go myself but the issue seems to be that my outside ip address is not being recognised, found or blocked im sorry but im not really tech savy but I will get another tech over in the morning and see if he has any luck, I will get him to log onto the forum for any help.
look forward to your reply
cheers
clint
klunk81

Post by klunk81 »

all good got it to work, I really don't know how ?