Reef angel accident, question.

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
Winschuc

Reef angel accident, question.

Post by Winschuc »

Ok, long story short, I fed my fish then woke up my son. Walked back out into the living room and the tank was off. All of my industrial Velcro failed and the head unit was floating in my sump.

I was running the RA+. I'm letting it dry for the day and I'll pick up some isopropyl alcohol to clean the connections a bit tonight.

My question is, if drying and cleaning doesn't work, what do I need to purchase to fix this?

Luckily my power heads and light run off of their own controllers. I'm worried about the heater and ATO.

Thanks!
- Chris
lnevo

Re: Reef angel accident, question.

Post by lnevo »

The RA Plus upgrade board. You might need to replace the LCD board as well. I would get that alcohol sooner than later. I would at least rinse off with fresh water so that any salt doesn't stay behind. That will corrode things quickly. Then get it in a tub of dry rice.
Winschuc

Post by Winschuc »

Thanks. Was able to rinse it with some RO and Q-tip some of the corrosion off before work this morning. I guess we'll see how well it worked.

Also, is there a price somewhere on the screen? I was unable to locate it when I looked.
binder

Post by binder »

Winschuc wrote: Also, is there a price somewhere on the screen? I was unable to locate it when I looked.
You may have to PM Roberto and ask. I think those are mostly special orders (not available in the web store but still availalbe).
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

It's in the store under replacements. $35
Winschuc

Post by Winschuc »

Thanks! Looks like I may have lucked out on the board.... I may still replace it just to be safe.