Wifi Stopped Working

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
csmith

Wifi Stopped Working

Post by csmith »

The unit randomly stopped working. I did not update my ino file or my router / wifi module configuration. I have tried resetting to factory defaults using the Wifi utility and the wifi module will work for a short period of time before randomly failing again. Any ideas? This feels like a hardware issue. I tried to post a video but I don't have enough posts. The units flashes Red Yellow Blue in sequence while simultaneously rapid flashing green.
rimai

Re: Wifi Stopped Working

Post by rimai »

If you did firmware upgrade, you need to follow this:
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4601
Roberto.
csmith

Post by csmith »

Roberto- I actually had the firmware problem in the past and was able to fix it following the link that you posted. This unit was working perfectly for months and then quit randomly a few nights ago. There were no changes to the INO or the wifi unit within a week of it failing. The LED indicator sequence seems very odd. I cant post a link to the video yet but if you were to add the youtube prefix followed by "/QPM1N57tWEY" you can view it. What is weird is that I get the light sequence when it is plugged into the controller and when I try to reset the factory defaults or input a new password using the wifi app (I am not trying to upgrade the firmware).
rimai

Post by rimai »

There is a little pinhole on the side of the wifi attachment. If you use a paper clip to push the button inside, does it change anything? You may need to press it several times.
I think you may need to send it back.
PM me if you want to send it back for analysis.
Roberto.