Page 1 of 1

My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4

Posted: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:13 am
by leadguitarist05
I've set up my Reef Angel Plus for about a month now. It was reporting fine, but suddenly I get no web based history. I can login to the portal just fine and see current stats, I can still control the relays just fine, but no historical data. Any suggestions?

Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4

Posted: Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:04 am
by Outback
Did you get it to work? Is the Portal down? I'm setting up a used RA+ and having the same problems. However, I have not had it working in the past, so I don't know if it's my RA+ or an issue with the Portal.

Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4

Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:55 am
by howaboutme
I just noticed this issue as well, even in the UApp. Hopefully we get a response from Roberto...

Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4

Posted: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:18 pm
by Outback
I did acquire an old unit. I upgraded the WiFi module to firmware 4.85, and ran the configuration script. The Host IP is set to 104.36.18.155:80 (I hope that is correct!) I used the Web Wizard to do the configuration.
Thanks!
Dave

Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:52 pm
by leadguitarist05
Outback wrote:I did acquire an old unit. I upgraded the WiFi module to firmware 4.85, and ran the configuration script. The Host IP is set to 104.36.18.155:80 (I hope that is correct!) I used the Web Wizard to do the configuration.
Thanks!
Dave
So the web history is now recording correctly? Is the IP yours or reefangels? I also noted that this seemed to coincide with a security certificate expiration that happened in the beginning of July.

Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4

Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2023 3:07 pm
by Outback
Nope, no web history. I can use the Android app (Curt Binder's Reef Angel Status, ver 2.4.0) remotely via my firewall's port forwarding, and locally.)

The Host IP is what is configured into the WiFi module by the wifi attachment no ftp.ttl script. (It is also the IP of the Reef Angel forums). (In several posts, Roberto has referred to a thread that has instructions for updating the WiFi module for people who have acquired old equipment. )

I think I keep getting UAPP and the Portal confused. At some point, I added my external IP address somewhere and I was able to get current temp and pH to show up, but not much else - no graphs, history or control.

I connected the Control Head's TTL output to my PC using the USB to TTL cable. Ever so often it does what looks like a web app request: GET /status/submitp.aspx?t1=791&t2=788&t3=0&ph=796&id=Outback&em=0&em1=0&rem=0&bid=1&key=&ddns=&af=0&sf=0&atohigh=0&atolow=0&r=96&ron=0&roff=255&pwma=0&pwmd=0&pwmao=255&pwmdo=255

If I try that from PowerShell or a browser, I get: HTTP Error 404. The requested resource is not found.
As I said, I have never had it working in the past, so it could very well be a configuration issue on my end.

Dave

Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4

Posted: Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:54 pm
by mav3rick478
Interesting, i just connected through the Uapp and it sees my controller, tells me pH and temp but there are no graphs. I wonder if it works if i was at my home network because right now I'm connected using my remote credentials that i use for the app. I won't know till tomorrow night when we get back home. Have any of you messaged Roberto? I could've sworn i looked at graphs last week for my pH.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:11 pm
by howaboutme
I wasn't aware of this until I read this original post. I have not seen a history since at least then.

Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:39 pm
by rimai
I can't seem to find out what is wrong.
Here is a banner from someone I see that is still sending data just fine:
Image
What host ip address are you using?

Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:41 pm
by rimai
I just tested the host ip address mentioned above (104.36.18.155:80) which points to forum.reefangel.com and I got a valid response....
http://forum.reefangel.com/status/submi ... &pwmdo=255

Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:42 pm
by Outback
104.36.18.155
But I am doing a "new" set up with old equipment, so it could certainly be on my end.
I have updated the firmware in the wi-fi module and run the configuration script.

Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:57 pm
by Outback
Hmmm. From my browser, it works if I use the URL (forum.reefangel.com) but not if I use the IP address. I'll reprogram the RA+ to use the URL.

Question: I have configured the wi-fi authentication. Does the Portal support that? I would think I'd need to give the portal the credentials somewhere... Maybe should try turning that off?

Thanks!
Dave

Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 9:51 pm
by rimai
Ahhh.... that was it
Thanks :)
Fixed now.

Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:01 pm
by Outback
I connected to the wi-fi module via the USB to TTL cable. I added these 2 lines and saved.

Code: Select all

set ip host 0.0.0.0
set dns name forum.reefangel.com
save
and everything on the portal works now!!!

Image

Roberto, I think if you updated the web server's certificate it may have somehow configured the web server to only accept requests by name and not IP address??? Maybe the Let's Encrypt code did it?

Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4

Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 10:46 pm
by mav3rick478
Works now, only have graphs for an hour but at least it's working again, thanks everyone.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:00 pm
by howaboutme
Works for me now too. Thanks everyone!

Re: My RA Portal History is stuck on July 4

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 4:48 pm
by leadguitarist05
rimai wrote:Ahhh.... that was it
Thanks :)
Fixed now.
Thank you. Great to have the data back!