Let's Build Troubadour11's Code

Share you PDE file with our community
lnevo

Re: Let's Build Troubadour11's Code

Post by lnevo »

Yeah, you just need to use the function:

ReefAngel.DosingPumpRepeat1(Port7);

The built in libraries support up to 3 pumps with the default memory variables which you can set in the uapp or on the portal.
troubadour11

Post by troubadour11 »

Excellent. Thank you for the help with this!

So if I'm reading and understanding it correctly, I'd just modify my code to be like this as you said:

instead of original code: ReefAngel.DosingPumpRepeat( Port7,0,120,5 );

- Then go into the Memory function in the phone app and do a Read Value on Dosing Pump 1 Repeat Interval (is this every "x" minutes from midnight?).
- once I've read the value (currently it gives back a value of 60)
- I can then type in 120? (which is a repeat interval of every 120 minutes, or every 2 hrs?) into the value field
- Then click the Write Value button to update to the desired value

If that is correct, it's making sense to me so far and should be easy enough to implement.

In the new code layout using the built-in library support for up to 3 pumps. Where do I set the amount of time the pump run will run for each time?
- Is that just a read/write adjustment on the "Dosing Pump 1 Timer" in the uapp memory like the Repeat Interval?

I also see the memory positions for the Dosing Pump 1 On Hour/Minute. Do these need to be set up as well drive the pump correctly via the above update? Or can it be run with just the Repeat Interval and Timer settings?

Thanks again. I'm really looking forward to finally getting access to the internal memory for adjusting some things as needed. I appreciate the help.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I would recommend using the Uapp instead of the old ReefAngel app. The Internal Memory section is just like the portal page and you can browse the fields instead of trying to peek/poke the values directly.

There is a separate variable for Mem_B_DP1Timer and Mem_I_DP1RepeatInterval.

Yes the 120 would be 2 hours repeat and the time would be what is set in the Mem_B_DP1Timer variable.
troubadour11

Post by troubadour11 »

Thanks for the help getting the Dosing Pump variable set up.

I was able to get it uploaded to the head unit and can adjust it accordingly now with the app.

I also went back to put in the DelayedOn function for my skimmer.

Does this look correct?

ReefAngel.Relay.DelayedOn(Port6, 5);

I also removed Port6 from the "Always On" list for the power unit in the setup section. This is because we want it off initially and then let it be controlled by the above line of code in the main loop, correct?

The code checked out fine when I tested it. But I just wanted to have it double checked to make sure it wouldn't cause any issues.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Yes, leave off the ,5 if you want to set that in memory as well. :)
troubadour11

Post by troubadour11 »

Here's the latest version of my code which I'm currently running:

Code: Select all

//*************************************************************************************************************
//Start of PWM Expansion Code Header

//This is just how we are going to reference the PWM expansion ports within the code.
//You can change the labels if you would like, just as long as they are changed all throughout the code too.
                  //Standard PowerRelay PWM Daylight = L-DT White/Color
                  //Standard PowerRelay PWM Actinic = L-DT Blue/UV
#define LEDPWM0 0 // R-DT = White/Color
#define LEDPWM1 1 // R-DT = Blue/UV
#define LEDPWM2 2 // L-DT = MoonLight
#define LEDPWM3 3 // R-DT = Moonlight
#define LEDPWM4 4 // - EMPTY -
#define LEDPWM5 5 // - EMPTY -

//Initial values to all 6 channels at startup. They will always be 0.
byte PWMChannel[]={0,0,0,0,0,0};

//End of PWM Expansion Code Header
//*************************************************************************************************************

#include <ReefAngel_Features.h>
#include <Globals.h>
#include <RA_Wifi.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <OneWire.h>
#include <Time.h>
#include <DS1307RTC.h>
#include <InternalEEPROM.h>
#include <RA_NokiaLCD.h>
#include <RA_ATO.h>
#include <RA_Joystick.h>
#include <LED.h>
#include <RA_TempSensor.h>
#include <Relay.h>
#include <RA_PWM.h>
#include <Timer.h>
#include <Memory.h>
#include <RA_Colors.h>
#include <RA_CustomColors.h>
#include <Salinity.h>
#include <RF.h>
#include <IO.h>
#include <ORP.h>
#include <AI.h>
#include <PH.h>
#include <WaterLevel.h>
#include <Humidity.h>
#include <DCPump.h>
#include <ReefAngel.h>

// - Creates a variable to control a "force cloud function" inside a menu.
boolean ForceCloud=false;

//added for custom menu set up
#include <avr/pgmspace.h>
// Create the menu entries
prog_char menu1_label[] PROGMEM = "Feeding";
prog_char menu2_label[] PROGMEM = "Water Change";
prog_char menu3_label[] PROGMEM = "ATO Clear";
prog_char menu4_label[] PROGMEM = "Overheat Clear";
prog_char menu5_label[] PROGMEM = "PH Calibration";
prog_char menu6_label[] PROGMEM = "Date / Time";
prog_char menu7_label[] PROGMEM = "Version";
prog_char menu8_label[] PROGMEM = "Storm Effect";
// Group the menu entries together
PROGMEM const char *menu_items[] = {menu1_label, menu2_label, menu3_label, menu4_label, menu5_label, menu6_label, menu7_label, menu8_label};
// Creating the custom menu fucntions. menu2_label corresponds to MenuEntry2 funtion
void MenuEntry1()
{
ReefAngel.FeedingModeStart();
}
void MenuEntry2()
{
ReefAngel.WaterChangeModeStart();
}
void MenuEntry3()
{
ReefAngel.ATOClear();
ReefAngel.DisplayMenuEntry("Clear ATO Timeout");
}
void MenuEntry4()
{
ReefAngel.OverheatClear();
ReefAngel.DisplayMenuEntry("Clear Overheat");
}
void MenuEntry5()
{
ReefAngel.SetupCalibratePH();
ReefAngel.DisplayedMenu = ALT_SCREEN_MODE;
}
void MenuEntry6()
{
ReefAngel.SetupDateTime();
}
void MenuEntry7()
{
ReefAngel.DisplayVersion();
}
// Trying to add a menu to the RA Head Unit so I can trigger a cloud effect on demand.
void MenuEntry8()
{
ForceCloud=true;
ReefAngel.DisplayedMenu = RETURN_MAIN_MODE;
}

////// Place global variable code below here //////

byte LDT_DaylightPWMValue=0;
byte LDT_ActinicPWMValue=0;
byte LDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=0;
byte RDT_DaylightPWMValue=0;
byte RDT_ActinicPWMValue=0;
byte RDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=0;

////// Place global variable code above here //////

void setup()
{
    //This must be the first line.
    ReefAngel.Init();  //Initialize controller

// Initialize the custom menu
    ReefAngel.InitMenu(pgm_read_word(&(menu_items[0])),SIZE(menu_items));

ReefAngel.AddStandardMenu();  // Add Standard Menu
    ReefAngel.Use2014Screen();  // Let's use 2014 Screen

// Ports toggled in Feeding Mode
    ReefAngel.FeedingModePorts = 0;
    // Ports toggled in Water Change Mode
    ReefAngel.WaterChangePorts = Port1Bit | Port2Bit | Port5Bit | Port6Bit;
    // Ports toggled when Lights On / Off menu entry selected
    ReefAngel.LightsOnPorts = 0;
    // Ports turned off when Overheat temperature exceeded
    ReefAngel.OverheatShutoffPorts = Port1Bit | Port2Bit;
    // Use T1 probe as temperature and overheat functions
    ReefAngel.TempProbe = T1_PROBE;
    ReefAngel.OverheatProbe = T1_PROBE;

//Ports that are always on
    ReefAngel.Relay.On( Port3 );
    ReefAngel.Relay.On( Port4 );
    ReefAngel.Relay.On( Port5 );
    ReefAngel.Relay.On( Port6 );
    //ReefAngel.Relay.On( Port7 );
    ReefAngel.Relay.On( Port8 );
      // Port1 = Heater
      // Port2 = Heater
      // Port3 = Refugium Light
      // Port4 = Phyto Light
      // Port5 = Return Pump
      // Port6 = Protein Skimmer
      // Port7 = Dosing Pump
      // Port8 = Refugium Pump

////// Place additional initialization code below here //////

// ***PLEASE HELP HERE********************************************************************************************************************************************
     //Sets values of ALL lighting channels to 0% on Start Up correctly, I think.
     ReefAngel.PWM.SetDaylight(0);
     ReefAngel.PWM.SetActinic(0);
     ReefAngel.PWM.SetChannel(LEDPWM0,0);
     ReefAngel.PWM.SetChannel(LEDPWM1,0);
     ReefAngel.PWM.SetChannel(LEDPWM2,0);
     ReefAngel.PWM.SetChannel(LEDPWM3,0);
     ReefAngel.PWM.SetChannel(LEDPWM4,0);
     ReefAngel.PWM.SetChannel(LEDPWM5,0);
     // I believe using this got rid of my bright flash to 100% when I uploaded new code. Specifically setting the Standard Daylight/Actinic
//****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

// Adds the date and time menu to controller so I can change for Daylight Savings Time. **Takes up memory space**
    // - Can be removed after change or adding wifi. Time can be changed in portal or through phone app. eventually
    //ReefAngel.AddDateTimeMenu();

////// Place additional initialization code above here //////
}

void loop()
{
    ReefAngel.StandardHeater(Port1);
    ReefAngel.StandardHeater(Port2);

////// Place your custom code below here //////

//Sets Port 7 on the Power Unit to a dosing pump running for 5 seconds every 2 hours.
    //ReefAngel.DosingPumpRepeat( Port7,0,120,5 );

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//  
    //Set up for Refugium and Phytoplankton light cycle

//USE THIS TO TOGGLE PORTS ON/OFF - ReefAngel.StandardLight(relay,onhour,onminute,offhour,offminute)
     //Turns Refugium Light plugged into port3 on at 10:30 pm and off at 5:30 am.
     ReefAngel.StandardLights(Port3,22,30,8,30);
     //Turns Phyto Light plugged into port4 on at 10:30 pm and off at 5:30 am.
     ReefAngel.StandardLights(Port4,22,30,8,30);

//-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

//*********************************************************************************************************************************************************
                                   //// Calculate your regular sunrise/sunset PWM values ////
//*********************************************************************************************************************************************************
 //_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    // - Turns RDT - B/UV channel to 0% power between 8:55 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. to conserve energy
    // - Dimming Expansion - LEDPWM1 - RDT Blue/UV -
    // - Parabola dimming 11%-100%-11%
//_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________  
 if ((NumMins(hour(now()),minute(now())) > NumMins(10,00)) && (NumMins(hour(now()),minute(now())) < NumMins(20,55)))
      {
         //RDT_ActinicPWMValue=PWMSlope(10,00,20,55,11,100,240,RDT_ActinicPWMValue);
         RDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=PWMSlope(10,00,20,55,11,100,240,RDT_MoonLightANALOGValue);
      }
      else
      {
         //RDT_ActinicPWMValue=0;
         RDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=0;
      }
//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

// - Turns LDT - B/UV channel to 0% power between 9:05 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. to conserve energy
    // - RA Standard Power Unit - LDT Blue/UV -
     if ((NumMins(hour(now()),minute(now())) > NumMins(10,15)) && (NumMins(hour(now()),minute(now())) < NumMins(21,05)))
     {
        //LDT_ActinicPWMValue=PWMSlope(10,15,21,05,11,100,240,LDT_ActinicPWMValue);
        LDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=PWMSlope(10,15,21,05,11,100,240,LDT_MoonLightANALOGValue);
      }
      else
      {
        //LDT_ActinicPWMValue=0;
        LDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=0;
      }
//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

// - Turns RDT - W/C channel to 0% power between 8:30 p.m. and 10:25 a.m. to conserve energy
    // - Dimming Expansion - RDT White/Color -
    // - Parabola dimming 11%-50%-11%
     if ((NumMins(hour(now()),minute(now())) > NumMins(10,25)) && (NumMins(hour(now()),minute(now())) < NumMins(20,30)))
     {
        RDT_DaylightPWMValue=PWMSlope(10,25,20,30,11,50,240,RDT_DaylightPWMValue);
      }
      else
      {
        RDT_DaylightPWMValue=0;
      }

// - Turns LDT - W/C channel to 0% power between 8:45 p.m. and 10:35 a.m. to conserve energy
    // - RA Power Unit - LDT White/Color -
     if ((NumMins(hour(now()),minute(now())) > NumMins(10,35)) && (NumMins(hour(now()),minute(now())) < NumMins(20,45)))
     {
        LDT_DaylightPWMValue=PWMSlope(10,35,20,45,11,50,240,LDT_DaylightPWMValue);
      }
      else
      {
        LDT_DaylightPWMValue=0;
      }

//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
                                   //// Set MoonLights Cycles ////
//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

//LDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=PWMSlope(10,30,21,00,10,100,240,PWMSlope(21,20,23,15,20,MoonPhase()/5+10,30,LDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=0));
    LDT_ActinicPWMValue=PWMSlope(10,30,21,00,10,100,240,PWMSlope(21,20,23,15,20,MoonPhase()/5+10,30,LDT_ActinicPWMValue=0));
    //RDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=PWMSlope(10,20,20,50,10,100,240,PWMSlope(21,15,23,15,20,MoonPhase()/5+10,30,RDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=0));
    RDT_ActinicPWMValue=PWMSlope(10,20,20,50,10,100,240,PWMSlope(21,15,23,15,20,MoonPhase()/5+10,30,RDT_ActinicPWMValue=0));

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CheckCloud();
    ReefAngel.PWM.SetDaylight(LDT_DaylightPWMValue);
    ReefAngel.PWM.SetActinic(LDT_ActinicPWMValue);
    ReefAngel.PWM.SetChannel(LEDPWM2,LDT_MoonLightANALOGValue);
    ReefAngel.PWM.SetChannel(LEDPWM0,RDT_DaylightPWMValue);
    ReefAngel.PWM.SetChannel(LEDPWM1,RDT_ActinicPWMValue);
    ReefAngel.PWM.SetChannel(LEDPWM3,RDT_MoonLightANALOGValue);
//_________________________________________________________________________________________________

////// Place your custom code above here //////

//Connects Reef Angel Head Unit to the Portal through WiFi Unit.
    ReefAngel.Portal("troubadour11");
    // This should always be the last line
    ReefAngel.ShowInterface();
}

//************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
  // - My lighting is set up as:
  //      - LDT (Left Display Tank) fixture on the "Standard" 2 (PWM signal) slots on my power relay box.
  //      - RDT (Right Display Tank) fixture on channels 0=daylight and 1=actinic (PWM signal) of the Dimming Expansion.
  //      - Moonlights = channels 2 and 3 of the PWM expansion. These drivers are Analog and the jumper pins have been set for 0-10v Analog in Dimming Expansion.

// - I'd like to calculate the cloud effect for the LDT lights using the "Weather Sim for Standard PWM" code which I think
 //   I got copied, set up, and working correctly for the 1 fixture on the Standard Ports.
 //                 - Then find a way to feed those values into the RDT lights with a "Random Sample" of + or - a small time offset for the cloud effect on the RDT
 //                                - This way I could randomly generate a weather sim, and randomly have the cloud move Right-to-Left or Left-to-Right each time a cloud occurs

//                  - Lightning effect could either be off set with a similar way with +/- value OR left sync'd to LDT lightning (would need to test what looks good).
//                  - Or possibly more or less lightning per fixture during cloud.
//*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

// Random Cloud/Thunderstorm effects function
void CheckCloud()
{

// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  // Change the values below to customize your cloud/storm effect

// Frequency in days based on the day of the month - number 2 means every 2 days, for example (day 2,4,6 etc)
  // For testing purposes, you can use 1 and cause the cloud to occur everyday
  // I should create a random variable here to randomize the days it has clouds?
#define Clouds_Every_X_Days 1

// Percentage chance of a cloud happening today
  // For testing purposes, you can use 100 and cause the cloud to have 100% chance of happening
#define Cloud_Chance_per_Day 50

// Minimum number of minutes for cloud duration.  Don't use min duration of less than 6.
#define Min_Cloud_Duration 6

// Maximum number of minutes for the cloud duration. Don't use max duration of more than 255
#define Max_Cloud_Duration 12

// Minimum number of clouds that can happen per day
#define Min_Clouds_per_Day 5

// Maximum number of clouds that can happen per day
#define Max_Clouds_per_Day 15

// Only start the cloud effect after this setting
     // In this example, start could happen after 11:30am
#define Start_Cloud_After NumMins(13,00)

// Always end the cloud effect before this setting
     // In this example, end must be before 6:45pm
#define End_Cloud_Before NumMins(19,45)

// Percentage chance of lightning happening for every cloud
     // For testing purposes, you can use 100 and cause the lightning to have 100% chance of happening
#define Lightning_Change_per_Cloud 50

// Note: Make sure to choose correct values that will work within your PWMSLope settings.
  // For example, in our case, we could have a max of 5 clouds per day and they could last for 50 minutes.
  // Which could mean 250 minutes of clouds. We need to make sure the PWMSlope can accomodate 250 minutes of effects or unforseen results could happen.
    // Also, make sure that you can fit double those minutes between Start_Cloud_After and End_Cloud_Before.
  // In our example, we have 510 minutes between Start_Cloud_After and End_Cloud_Before, so double the 250 minutes (or 500 minutes) can fit in that 510 minutes window.
    // It's a tight fit, but it did.
//____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  //***Question***
  // Why do you have to double the amount of time from 250 to 500 in your example? - This is just a question to understand the programming better, I don't see why it needs to be doubled.
  // I see it in the code dividing by (numclouds*2), etc. What's the purpose of multiplying it up by 2? I'm just trying to learn on this question if you have time to explain. Thanks :-)
//____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

//#define printdebug // Uncomment this for debug print on Serial Monitor window
  //#define forcecloudcalculation // Uncomment this to force the cloud calculation to happen in the boot process.

// Change the values above to customize your cloud/storm effect
  // ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  // Do not change anything below here

static byte cloudchance = 255;
  static byte cloudduration=0;
  static int cloudstart=0;
  static byte numclouds=0;
  //made individual lightningchance for each fixture
  static byte LDTlightningchance=0;
  //static byte RDTlightningchance=0;
  static byte cloudindex=0;
  //made separate lightning status for each fixture
  static byte LDTlightningstatus=0;
  //static byte RDTlightningstatus=0;
  static int LastNumMins=0;
//********************************************************************************************************************************************************
  // - I created this value to use as +/- offset value to make clouds pass left-to-right or vice-versa.
  //static int RDTcloudstartOffset=0;

// - I added this to use as a randomly chosen value between (-)x to y.
  // - This will be added to "cloudstart" in order to determine the start time of the RDT cloud effect.
  //static byte RDTcloudstart=0;

// - I added this to create a random sample between 80% and 100% dimming power for "random" lightning intensity effect on each fixture.
  static byte LDT_LightningFlashPower=0;
  static byte RDT_LightningFlashPower=0;

// - I added these to create a variable to randomize when and how long each lightning strike happens for each cloud.
  //LDTlightningRandomStart=0;
  //LDTlightningLength=0;
  //RDTlightningRandomStart=0;
  //RDTlightningLength=0;
//********************************************************************************************************************************************************

// Every day at midnight, we check for chance of cloud happening today
  if (hour()==0 && minute()==0 && second()==0) cloudchance=255;

#ifdef forcecloudcalculation
    if (cloudchance==255)
#else
    if (hour()==0 && minute()==0 && second()==1 && cloudchance==255)
#endif
    {
      //Pick a random number between 0 and 99
      cloudchance=random(100);
      // if picked number is greater than Cloud_Chance_per_Day, we will not have clouds today
      if (cloudchance>Cloud_Chance_per_Day) cloudchance=0;
      // Check if today is day for clouds.
      if ((day()%Clouds_Every_X_Days)!=0) cloudchance=0;
      // If we have cloud today
      if (cloudchance)
      {
        // pick a random number for number of clouds between Min_Clouds_per_Day and Max_Clouds_per_Day
        numclouds=random(Min_Clouds_per_Day,Max_Clouds_per_Day);
        // pick the time that the first cloud will start
        // the range is calculated between Start_Cloud_After and the even distribuition of clouds on this day.
        cloudstart=random(Start_Cloud_After,Start_Cloud_After+((End_Cloud_Before-Start_Cloud_After)/(numclouds*2)));

// pick a random number between these values to offset the RDT cloud by this many minutes
        //RDTcloudstartOffset=random(-1,1);
        // adds the random offset value to "cloudstart" and sets the cloudstart time for RDT light fixture
        //RDTcloudstart=cloudstart+RDTcloudstartOffset;

// pick a random number for the cloud duration of first cloud.
        cloudduration=random(Min_Cloud_Duration,Max_Cloud_Duration);
        LDTlightningchance=random(100);
        //RDTlightningchance=random(100);
        // if picked number is greater than Lightning_Change_per_Cloud, we will not have lightning on the next cloud.
        if (LDTlightningchance>Lightning_Change_per_Cloud) LDTlightningchance=0;
        //if (RDTlightningchance>Lightning_Change_per_Cloud) RDTlightningchance=0;
      }
    }
  // Now that we have all the parameters for the cloud, let's create the effect down below.

// Force Cloud from Menu Function jumps to here to start cloud effect immediately for a show!
if (ForceCloud)
{
ForceCloud=false;
cloudchance=1;
cloudduration=8;
LDTlightningchance=1;
//RDTlightningchance=1;
cloudstart=NumMins(hour(),minute())+2;
//RDTcloudstart=NumMins(hour(),minute())+1;
}

//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  // - Controls Cloud and Lightning Effect timings for both fixtures
//++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
  if (cloudchance)
  {
    //is it time for cloud yet over Left Display Tank?
    if (NumMins(hour(),minute())>=cloudstart && NumMins(hour(),minute())<(cloudstart+cloudduration))
    {
      // - Dims LDT to create cloud and back up to Daylight Parabola. - maybe change to 11 in order to make minimum cloud power 11% so the lights don't click off.
      RDT_DaylightPWMValue=ReversePWMSlope(cloudstart,cloudstart+cloudduration,RDT_DaylightPWMValue,10,180);
      LDT_DaylightPWMValue=ReversePWMSlope(cloudstart,cloudstart+cloudduration,LDT_DaylightPWMValue,10,180);
      RDT_ActinicPWMValue=ReversePWMSlope(cloudstart,cloudstart+cloudduration,RDT_DaylightPWMValue,20,180);
      LDT_ActinicPWMValue=ReversePWMSlope(cloudstart,cloudstart+cloudduration,LDT_DaylightPWMValue,20,180);
      RDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=ReversePWMSlope(cloudstart,cloudstart+cloudduration,RDT_MoonLightANALOGValue,11,180);
      LDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=ReversePWMSlope(cloudstart,cloudstart+cloudduration,LDT_MoonLightANALOGValue,11,180);

// To adjust possible length of time of lightning strike, Change the "second()< 5 " ... where 5 is the # of seconds of lightning during cloud.
      // and the "minute())=(cloudstart_(cloudduration/2)))" sets start time... dividing by 2 is exactly half way through cloud to trigger 5 seconds lightning.
      // if there is lightning and current time is 1/2 way through cloud, but less then 1/2 way through cloud + 5 seconds

// if (lightningchance && (NumMins(hour(),minute())==(cloudstart+(cloudduration/LDTlightningRandomStart))) && second()<LDTlightningLength)
      if (LDTlightningchance && (NumMins(hour(),minute())==(cloudstart+(cloudduration/2))) && second()<5)
      {
        if (random(100)<20) LDTlightningstatus=1;
        else LDTlightningstatus=0;
        if (LDTlightningstatus)
        {
               // - This will correctly flash lightning up to 100% power every lightning strike.
          //LDT_DaylightPWMValue=100;
          //LDT_ActinicPWMValue=100;
//_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
          // - Trying to make a random sample between, say 80% & 100% for the brightness of the lightning?
          // - If there will be lightning, pick a random number between 80 and 100 for the lightning power.
          LDT_LightningFlashPower=random(80,100);
          RDT_LightningFlashPower=random(80,100);

RDT_DaylightPWMValue=RDT_LightningFlashPower;
          RDT_ActinicPWMValue=RDT_LightningFlashPower;
          RDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=RDT_LightningFlashPower;
          LDT_DaylightPWMValue=LDT_LightningFlashPower;
          LDT_ActinicPWMValue=LDT_LightningFlashPower;
          LDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=LDT_LightningFlashPower;
//_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
        }
        else
        {
          // - Changed these values from 0 to 11 so at end of lightning cycle, the go to min. 11% power
          RDT_DaylightPWMValue=11;
          RDT_ActinicPWMValue=20;
          RDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=11;
          LDT_DaylightPWMValue=11;
          LDT_ActinicPWMValue=20;
          LDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=11;
//------------------------------------------------------------------
        }
        delay(1);
      }
    }
  }

if (NumMins(hour(),minute())>(cloudstart+cloudduration))
    {
      cloudindex++;
      if (cloudindex < numclouds)
      {
        cloudstart=random(Start_Cloud_After+(((End_Cloud_Before-Start_Cloud_After)/(numclouds*2))*cloudindex*2),(Start_Cloud_After+(((End_Cloud_Before-Start_Cloud_After)/(numclouds*2))*cloudindex*2))+((End_Cloud_Before-Start_Cloud_After)/(numclouds*2)));
//************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
//// - I think this resets the random offset and cloudstart time for the RDT Fixture to match the new/next "cloudstart" time if there will be another cloud today ////
//************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
        // pick a random number between these values to offset the RDT cloud by this many minutes
        // adds the random offset value to "cloudstart" and sets the cloudstart time for RDT light fixture
//***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
        // if picked number is greater than Lightning_Change_per_Cloud, we will not have lightning today

}
    }

if (LastNumMins!=NumMins(hour(),minute()))
  {
    LastNumMins=NumMins(hour(),minute());
    ReefAngel.LCD.Clear(255,0,120,132,132);
    ReefAngel.LCD.DrawText(0,255,5,120,"C");
    ReefAngel.LCD.DrawText(0,255,11,120,"00:00");
    ReefAngel.LCD.DrawText(0,255,45,120,"L");
    ReefAngel.LCD.DrawText(0,255,51,120,"00:00");
    if (cloudchance && (NumMins(hour(),minute())<cloudstart))
    {
      int x=0;
      if ((cloudstart/60)>=10) x=11; else x=17;
      ReefAngel.LCD.DrawText(0,255,x,120,(cloudstart/60));
      if ((cloudstart%60)>=10) x=29; else x=35;
      ReefAngel.LCD.DrawText(0,255,x,120,(cloudstart%60));
    }
    ReefAngel.LCD.DrawText(0,255,90,120,cloudduration);
    if (LDTlightningchance)
    {
      int x=0;
      if (((cloudstart+(cloudduration/2))/60)>=10) x=51; else x=57;
      ReefAngel.LCD.DrawText(0,255,x,120,((cloudstart+(cloudduration/2))/60));
      if (((cloudstart+(cloudduration/2))%60)>=10) x=69; else x=75;
      ReefAngel.LCD.DrawText(0,255,x,120,((cloudstart+(cloudduration/2))%60));
    }
  }
}

byte ReversePWMSlope(long cstart,long cend,byte PWMStart,byte PWMEnd, byte clength)
{
  long n=elapsedSecsToday(now());
  cstart*=60;
  cend*=60;
  if (n<cstart) return PWMStart;
  if (n>=cstart && n<=(cstart+clength)) return map(n,cstart,cstart+clength,PWMStart,PWMEnd);
  if (n>(cstart+clength) && n<(cend-clength)) return PWMEnd;
  if (n>=(cend-clength) && n<=cend) return map(n,cend-clength,cend,PWMEnd,PWMStart);
  if (n>cend) return PWMStart;
  //End Cloud & Lighting
}
troubadour11

Post by troubadour11 »

A question on setting up my refugium light cycles with variables in memory.

In my current code shared in the previous post I have this section setting up my refugium lights on ports 3 & 4.

I do not need the ability to ramp the lighting at all on the fuge. Just turn it on/off at said times like I have hard-coded in there now. But I would like to set up the code like we did for my dosing pump so I can modify it for longer/shorter photo-periods through the app instead of uploading new hard-coded numbers.

Here's what I'm currently using clipped out for reference.

//USE THIS TO TOGGLE PORTS ON/OFF - ReefAngel.StandardLight(relay,onhour,onminute,offhour,offminute)
     ReefAngel.StandardLights(Port4,22,30,8,30);
How do I call some of the pre-set memory slots to use for the simple on/off times? Do I use the code below, similar to how we set up the dosing pump repeat function?
ReefAngel.StandardLights(Port3);
ReefAngel.StandardLights(Port4);

Then set the custom variables for StdLights On Hour/Minute and StdLights Off Hour/Minute and that will drive the on/off times?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

My hope is to take this and grow it out to my LED light controls so I can adjust the on/off and ramp times through memory instead of hard-coding them as well.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah, that should work.
Roberto.
troubadour11

Post by troubadour11 »

lnevo wrote:I would recommend using the Uapp instead of the old ReefAngel app. The Internal Memory section is just like the portal page and you can browse the fields instead of trying to peek/poke the values directly.
Just a quick question on interfaces and versions.

I have an RA+ unit with Dimming and Wifi expansions. Am I able to use the U-app as was recommended above? Seems like it's something I don't have access too. Or maybe I just can't find the info on how to set it up correctly.

I've struggled finding documentation on how to get it to work despite my Portal functioning just fine. And from what was mentioned above it seems like an easier way to update my controller then the "old ReefAngel app."

From what I can find, the only way to get full function and capabilities of the supporting software for a ReefAngel system is to drop $400 on a new version of the entire system or if I'm lucky, just an update of $120 to the Cloud Wifi attachment when I already had purchased a head-unit and Wifi Attachment for the system?

Thanks for the info and sorry for any confusion on my end. I'm thinking of building out the system some more, but I'm not sure if my hardware got orphaned or not.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yes, you can use it.
The only thing you get with the cloud wifi attachment over the one you have is the ability to connect to Uapp without having to setup port forwarding on your router. The cloud feature also lets you stream data so Uapp updates on the fly without having to hit the refresh button on Uapp. Because the connection is always established, the cloud feature is a lot more reliable.
To setup Uapp for the your regular wifi, simply add a controller and make sure you enter the ip address and port and do not enter the cloud credentials. Make sure you setup port forwarding or you won't be able to connect.
Roberto.
troubadour11

Post by troubadour11 »

rimai wrote:Yes, you can use it.
The only thing you get with the cloud wifi attachment over the one you have is the ability to connect to Uapp without having to setup port forwarding on your router. The cloud feature also lets you stream data so Uapp updates on the fly without having to hit the refresh button on Uapp. Because the connection is always established, the cloud feature is a lot more reliable.
To setup Uapp for the your regular wifi, simply add a controller and make sure you enter the ip address and port and do not enter the cloud credentials. Make sure you setup port forwarding or you won't be able to connect.
Thanks! That was easy. I already had static dns & port-forwarding set up from the wifi-connection and portal anyway. It's running on both my phone and desktop now with no problem.
troubadour11

Post by troubadour11 »

So the Uapp integration went just fine. Again, thank you for the help with getting my RA system caught up to date.

A couple probably quick / easy questions on updating the head-unit.

I've still been manually updating my code by taking a laptop into my fish tank closet and pushing the code up to it via the cable. It seems like that has been left behind in favor of moving the the Web Wizard? Which seems awesome, having access to a code writer and my code library from anywhere. So I'd like to eventually get all my software caught up to the most current / best way to go about doing things. Which is the Web Wizard and the Uapp, correct?

Is there anyway for me to push code updates to the head-unit with the RA+ and Wifi connection? I'm guessing no, but thought I would ask before I just assumed there was no solution. Is the solution probably the cloud function I'm guessing or the blue-tooth connection you don't sell anymore?

My current sketch compiled, uploaded, and runs on my head-unit with no problem via the Ardurino Software and manual upload like when I originally got the RA unit. But when I copy / paste that exact code into the Web Wizard, it fails to compile the loop.

So could you briefly walk me through what the new / best interfaces are that are being supported for working on my system / getting the code adjusted and uploaded. And maybe any hints at why it can compile on "my old way" and why it fails and can't use the Web Wizard to compile? I'm guessing here: but is it a libraries or something issue that I need updated to run things via the Web Wizard now?

I'm in the process of starting to modify my system some and build it after letting it run rock solid for all these years as it was set up. For now, I can make the simple necessary adjustments to the current code and push it up the old way as I just need to modify a couple Relay's and what they run.

But the goal is to get it all up-to-date and easier to adjust / modify via accessing the memory locations and variables instead of always pushing new code.

As always, thanks for the help! It is greatly appreciated!!!
rimai

Post by rimai »

Can you post your code?
No, there is no way to update through wifi.
Roberto.
troubadour11

Post by troubadour11 »

rimai wrote:Can you post your code?
Absolutely. You will find the code I just pushed up to the head-unit this morning in the next / latest post.

However, I have a more pressing question about the dosing pump memory locations and the offset over the web-wizard code update. It should be pretty simple I hope.

I just received my 2 ATO pumps and got them physically set up (thanks for getting the 2nd one sent out so quickly!) :)

I wanted to run the pumps simultaneously in/out for an AWC system. I hooked them all up, ran a 100 ml timed calibration test, etc.

I want to change 1 gal total per day spread out over 6 runs a day. I need to run each pump 177 and 170 seconds (6 x per day)

In the code I pushed this morning: (both ports removed from "always on" list)

//Sets Port 7 on Power Unit to a dosing pump running on the Repeat and Time function set for Dosing Pump 1 in internal memory
    // Auto Water Change - New Sea Water going in
    //Sets Port 8 on Power Unit to a dosing pump running on the Repeat and Time function set for Dosing Pump 2 in internal memory
    // Auto Water Change - Old Sea Water going out
    ReefAngel.DosingPumpRepeat2(Port8);
Then I wanted to use the Uapp to set the internal memory for the correct intervals
DP1 Repeat = 240 (in minutes, every 4 hours)
DP1 Timer = 177 (in seconds)

DP2 Repeat = 240 (in minutes, every 4 hours)
DP2 Timer = 170 (in seconds)

I noticed it says in there that DP-2 has a 5 min offset and DP-3 a 10 minute offset. Is this true in the way I have it set up and used?

I had planned to run in/out at the same time drawing from the drain chamber and feeding into the return chamber. I used a gravity fed ATO with Kalk, so lowering the level is not an option. With the way I have it set up, it looks like I might pump my 631 ml of NSW into the system, then 5 minutes offset pull 631 ml back out. Which is ok and better then having set it up the other way and lowering my water level. But I'll have to test if the extra water will constantly cause my skimmer to over-flow. If they were triggered at the same time, the level wouldn't fluctuate as much. But this small of an amount may not be an issue in the long run if that's the best way to do it while utilizing internal memory that I can adjust as needed.

So with how I set it up, will I be getting that offset, or will they both just run at the same time if I set them to the same Repeat Interval?

As a "next-step" to my AWC system. I'd like to make some functions that I can change "x-amount" of water with a push button trigger. Like a pre-programmed 5, 10, 20 gallon water-change using the AWC system. In case I ever need to do a big change for some emergency reason. But first, I just will be thrilled to have it running the 1 gal / day! :P

As always, awesome hardware and thanks for the help! :roll:

Latest code is solo in the next post:
Last edited by troubadour11 on Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
troubadour11

Post by troubadour11 »

This compiled and pushed up fine on my laptops Ardurino set up.

//This is just how we are going to reference the PWM expansion ports within the code.
//You can change the labels if you would like, just as long as they are changed all throughout the code too.

#include <Globals.h>
#include <RA_Wifi.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <OneWire.h>
#include <Time.h>
#include <DS1307RTC.h>
#include <RA_NokiaLCD.h>
#include <RA_ATO.h>
#include <RA_Joystick.h>
#include <LED.h>
#include <Relay.h>
#include <RA_PWM.h>
#include <Timer.h>
#include <Memory.h>
#include <RA_Colors.h>
#include <Salinity.h>
#include <RF.h>
#include <IO.h>
#include <ORP.h>
#include <AI.h>
#include <PH.h>
#include <WaterLevel.h>
#include <Humidity.h>
#include <DCPump.h>
#include <ReefAngel.h>

PROGMEM const char *menu_items[] = {menu1_label, menu2_label, menu3_label, menu4_label, menu5_label, menu6_label, menu7_label, menu8_label};
// Creating the custom menu fucntions. menu2_label corresponds to MenuEntry2 funtion
void MenuEntry1()
{
}
void MenuEntry2()
{
}
void MenuEntry3()
{
ReefAngel.ATOClear();
}
void MenuEntry4()
{
}
void MenuEntry5()
{
}
void MenuEntry6()
{
}
void MenuEntry7()
{
}
// Trying to add a menu to the RA Head Unit so I can trigger a cloud effect on demand.
void MenuEntry8()
{
ForceCloud=true;
}

void setup()
{
    ReefAngel.Init();  //Initialize controller

ReefAngel.AddStandardMenu();  // Add Standard Menu
    ReefAngel.Use2014Screen();  // Let's use 2014 Screen

ReefAngel.FeedingModePorts = Port5Bit | Port6Bit;

//ReefAngel.Relay.On( Port6 ); // removed to add delayed start feature to skimmer inside main loop section
      // Port1 = Heater
      // Port2 = Heater
      // Port4 = Refugium Pump
      // Port5 = Return Pump
      // Port7 = Auto Water Change - New Sea Water
      // Port8 = Auto Water Change - Old Sea Water

// ***PLEASE HELP HERE********************************************************************************************************************************************
     //Sets values of ALL lighting channels to 0% on Start Up, I think.
     // I believe using this got rid of my bright flash to 100% when I uploaded new code. Specifically setting the Standard Daylight/Actinic
//****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

}

void loop()
{

//Always on ports that have a delay. These ports will delay turning on for the specified MINUTE_DELAY
      // for: Controller Power Up, Feeding Mode (if toggled on), Water Change Mode (if toggled)
      // This function needs to be place dinside loop() and not inside setup()
      // Usage is DelayedOn (Port6, 5);
    ReefAngel.Relay.DelayedOn(Port6);

//Sets Port 7 on the Power Unit to a dosing pump running for 5 seconds every 2 hours.
    //Sets Port 7 on Power Unit to a dosing pump running on the Repeat and Time function set for Dosing Pump 1 in internal memory
    //Sets Port 8 on Power Unit to a dosing pump running on the Repeat and Time function set for Dosing Pump 2 in internal memory

// - Turns RDT - B/UV channel to 0% power between 8:55 p.m. and 10:00 a.m. to conserve energy
 if ((NumMins(hour(now()),minute(now())) > NumMins(10,00)) && (NumMins(hour(now()),minute(now())) < NumMins(20,55)))
      {
         RDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=PWMSlope(10,00,20,55,11,100,240,RDT_MoonLightANALOGValue);
      }
      else
      {
         //RDT_ActinicPWMValue=0;
      }

// - Turns LDT - B/UV channel to 0% power between 9:05 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. to conserve energy
     if ((NumMins(hour(now()),minute(now())) > NumMins(10,15)) && (NumMins(hour(now()),minute(now())) < NumMins(21,05)))
     {
        LDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=PWMSlope(10,15,21,05,11,100,240,LDT_MoonLightANALOGValue);
      }
      else
      {
        //LDT_ActinicPWMValue=0;
      }

// - Turns RDT - W/C channel to 0% power between 8:30 p.m. and 10:25 a.m. to conserve energy
     if ((NumMins(hour(now()),minute(now())) > NumMins(10,25)) && (NumMins(hour(now()),minute(now())) < NumMins(20,30)))
     {
      }
      else
      {
        RDT_DaylightPWMValue=0;
      }

// - Turns LDT - W/C channel to 0% power between 8:45 p.m. and 10:35 a.m. to conserve energy
     if ((NumMins(hour(now()),minute(now())) > NumMins(10,35)) && (NumMins(hour(now()),minute(now())) < NumMins(20,45)))
     {
      }
      else
      {
        LDT_DaylightPWMValue=0;
      }

//LDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=PWMSlope(10,30,21,00,10,100,240,PWMSlope(21,20,23,15,20,MoonPhase()/5+10,30,LDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=0));
    LDT_ActinicPWMValue=PWMSlope(10,30,21,00,10,100,240,PWMSlope(21,20,23,15,20,MoonPhase()/5+10,30,LDT_ActinicPWMValue=0));
    //RDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=PWMSlope(10,20,20,50,10,100,240,PWMSlope(21,15,23,15,20,MoonPhase()/5+10,30,RDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=0));
    RDT_ActinicPWMValue=PWMSlope(10,20,20,50,10,100,240,PWMSlope(21,15,23,15,20,MoonPhase()/5+10,30,RDT_ActinicPWMValue=0));

//~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CheckCloud();
//_________________________________________________________________________________________________

}

//************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
  //      - LDT (Left Display Tank) fixture on the "Standard" 2 (PWM signal) slots on my power relay box.
  //      - RDT (Right Display Tank) fixture on channels 0=daylight and 1=actinic (PWM signal) of the Dimming Expansion.
  //      - Moonlights = channels 2 and 3 of the PWM expansion. These drivers are Analog and the jumper pins have been set for 0-10v Analog in Dimming Expansion.

// - I'd like to calculate the cloud effect for the LDT lights using the "Weather Sim for Standard PWM" code which I think
 //   I got copied, set up, and working correctly for the 1 fixture on the Standard Ports.
 //                 - Then find a way to feed those values into the RDT lights with a "Random Sample" of + or - a small time offset for the cloud effect on the RDT
 //                                - This way I could randomly generate a weather sim, and randomly have the cloud move Right-to-Left or Left-to-Right each time a cloud occurs

//                  - Lightning effect could either be off set with a similar way with +/- value OR left sync'd to LDT lightning (would need to test what looks good).
//                  - Or possibly more or less lightning per fixture during cloud.
//*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

void CheckCloud()
{

// Frequency in days based on the day of the month - number 2 means every 2 days, for example (day 2,4,6 etc)

// For testing purposes, you can use 100 and cause the cloud to have 100% chance of happening

// Minimum number of minutes for cloud duration.  Don't use min duration of less than 6.

// Maximum number of minutes for the cloud duration. Don't use max duration of more than 255

// For testing purposes, you can use 100 and cause the lightning to have 100% chance of happening

// Note: Make sure to choose correct values that will work within your PWMSLope settings.
  // For example, in our case, we could have a max of 5 clouds per day and they could last for 50 minutes.
  // Which could mean 250 minutes of clouds. We need to make sure the PWMSlope can accomodate 250 minutes of effects or unforseen results could happen.
    // Also, make sure that you can fit double those minutes between Start_Cloud_After and End_Cloud_Before.
  // In our example, we have 510 minutes between Start_Cloud_After and End_Cloud_Before, so double the 250 minutes (or 500 minutes) can fit in that 510 minutes window.
  //***Question***
  // Why do you have to double the amount of time from 250 to 500 in your example? - This is just a question to understand the programming better, I don't see why it needs to be doubled.
  // I see it in the code dividing by (numclouds*2), etc. What's the purpose of multiplying it up by 2? I'm just trying to learn on this question if you have time to explain. Thanks :-)

//#define forcecloudcalculation // Uncomment this to force the cloud calculation to happen in the boot process.

static int cloudstart=0;
  static byte numclouds=0;
  // - I created this value to use as +/- offset value to make clouds pass left-to-right or vice-versa.

// - This will be added to "cloudstart" in order to determine the start time of the RDT cloud effect.

// - I added this to create a random sample between 80% and 100% dimming power for "random" lightning intensity effect on each fixture.

// - I added these to create a variable to randomize when and how long each lightning strike happens for each cloud.
  //LDTlightningLength=0;
  //RDTlightningLength=0;

if (cloudchance==255)
#else
#endif
    {
      cloudchance=random(100);
      // if picked number is greater than Cloud_Chance_per_Day, we will not have clouds today
      if (cloudchance)
      {
        // pick a random number for number of clouds between Min_Clouds_per_Day and Max_Clouds_per_Day
        // the range is calculated between Start_Cloud_After and the even distribuition of clouds on this day.
        cloudstart=random(Start_Cloud_After,Start_Cloud_After+((End_Cloud_Before-Start_Cloud_After)/(numclouds*2)));

// if picked number is greater than Lightning_Change_per_Cloud, we will not have lightning on the next cloud.
      }
    }
  // Now that we have all the parameters for the cloud, let's create the effect down below.

// Force Cloud from Menu Function jumps to here to start cloud effect immediately for a show!
if (ForceCloud)
{
ForceCloud=false;
cloudchance=1;
cloudduration=8;
LDTlightningchance=1;
//RDTlightningchance=1;
}

if (cloudchance)
  {
    if (NumMins(hour(),minute())>=cloudstart && NumMins(hour(),minute())<(cloudstart+cloudduration))
    {
      // - Dims LDT to create cloud and back up to Daylight Parabola. - maybe change to 11 in order to make minimum cloud power 11% so the lights don't click off.
      RDT_DaylightPWMValue=ReversePWMSlope(cloudstart,cloudstart+cloudduration,RDT_DaylightPWMValue,10,180);
      LDT_DaylightPWMValue=ReversePWMSlope(cloudstart,cloudstart+cloudduration,LDT_DaylightPWMValue,10,180);
      RDT_ActinicPWMValue=ReversePWMSlope(cloudstart,cloudstart+cloudduration,RDT_DaylightPWMValue,20,180);
      LDT_ActinicPWMValue=ReversePWMSlope(cloudstart,cloudstart+cloudduration,LDT_DaylightPWMValue,20,180);
      RDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=ReversePWMSlope(cloudstart,cloudstart+cloudduration,RDT_MoonLightANALOGValue,11,180);
      LDT_MoonLightANALOGValue=ReversePWMSlope(cloudstart,cloudstart+cloudduration,LDT_MoonLightANALOGValue,11,180);

// To adjust possible length of time of lightning strike, Change the "second()< 5 " ... where 5 is the # of seconds of lightning during cloud.
      // and the "minute())=(cloudstart_(cloudduration/2)))" sets start time... dividing by 2 is exactly half way through cloud to trigger 5 seconds lightning.
      // if there is lightning and current time is 1/2 way through cloud, but less then 1/2 way through cloud + 5 seconds

// if (lightningchance && (NumMins(hour(),minute())==(cloudstart+(cloudduration/LDTlightningRandomStart))) && second()<LDTlightningLength)
      if (LDTlightningchance && (NumMins(hour(),minute())==(cloudstart+(cloudduration/2))) && second()<5)
      {
        if (LDTlightningstatus)
        {
               // - This will correctly flash lightning up to 100% power every lightning strike.
          // - Trying to make a random sample between, say 80% & 100% for the brightness of the lightning?
          // - If there will be lightning, pick a random number between 80 and 100 for the lightning power.

}
        else
        {
          // - Changed these values from 0 to 11 so at end of lightning cycle, the go to min. 11% power
          RDT_DaylightPWMValue=11;
          RDT_ActinicPWMValue=20;
          LDT_DaylightPWMValue=11;
          LDT_ActinicPWMValue=20;
        }
        delay(1);
      }
    }
  }

{
      cloudindex++;
      {
        cloudstart=random(Start_Cloud_After+(((End_Cloud_Before-Start_Cloud_After)/(numclouds*2))*cloudindex*2),(Start_Cloud_After+(((End_Cloud_Before-Start_Cloud_After)/(numclouds*2))*cloudindex*2))+((End_Cloud_Before-Start_Cloud_After)/(numclouds*2)));
//// - I think this resets the random offset and cloudstart time for the RDT Fixture to match the new/next "cloudstart" time if there will be another cloud today ////
//***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************
        // if picked number is greater than Lightning_Change_per_Cloud, we will not have lightning today

}
    }

{
    {
      int x=0;
    }
    if (LDTlightningchance)
    {
      int x=0;
    }
  }
}

byte ReversePWMSlope(long cstart,long cend,byte PWMStart,byte PWMEnd, byte clength)
{
  cstart*=60;
  cend*=60;
  if (n>=cstart && n<=(cstart+clength)) return map(n,cstart,cstart+clength,PWMStart,PWMEnd);
  if (n>=(cend-clength) && n<=cend) return map(n,cend-clength,cend,PWMEnd,PWMStart);
  //End Cloud & Lighting
}
rimai

Post by rimai »

The code not compiling is because we changed a little bit how the menu items are declared.
This should compile:

#include <Globals.h>
#include <RA_Wifi.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <OneWire.h>
#include <Time.h>
#include <DS1307RTC.h>
#include <RA_NokiaLCD.h>
#include <RA_ATO.h>
#include <RA_Joystick.h>
#include <LED.h>
#include <Relay.h>
#include <RA_PWM.h>
#include <Timer.h>
#include <Memory.h>
#include <RA_Colors.h>
#include <Salinity.h>
#include <RF.h>
#include <IO.h>
#include <ORP.h>
#include <AI.h>
#include <PH.h>
#include <WaterLevel.h>
#include <Humidity.h>
#include <DCPump.h>
#include <ReefAngel.h>

const char  menu1_label[] PROGMEM = "Feeding";
const char  menu2_label[] PROGMEM = "Water Change";
const char  menu3_label[] PROGMEM = "ATO Clear";
const char  menu4_label[] PROGMEM = "Overheat Clear";
const char  menu5_label[] PROGMEM = "PH Calibration";
const char  menu6_label[] PROGMEM = "Date / Time";
const char  menu7_label[] PROGMEM = "Version";
const char  menu8_label[] PROGMEM = "Storm Effect";
PROGMEM const char * const menu_items[] = {menu1_label, menu2_label, menu3_label, menu4_label, menu5_label, menu6_label, menu7_label, menu8_label};
void MenuEntry1()
{
}
void MenuEntry2()
{
}
void MenuEntry3()
{
ReefAngel.ATOClear();
}
void MenuEntry4()
{
}
void MenuEntry5()
{
}
void MenuEntry6()
{
}
void MenuEntry7()
{
}
void MenuEntry8()
{
ForceCloud=true;
}

void setup()
{
    ReefAngel.Init();  //Initialize controller

ReefAngel.AddStandardMenu();  // Add Standard Menu
    ReefAngel.Use2014Screen();  // Let's use 2014 Screen

//ReefAngel.Relay.On( Port6 ); // removed to add delayed start feature to skimmer inside main loop section
      // Port1 = Heater
      // Port2 = Heater
      // Port4 = Refugium Pump
      // Port5 = Return Pump

}

void loop()
{

//Always on ports that have a delay. These ports will delay turning on for the specified MINUTE_DELAY
      // for: Controller Power Up, Feeding Mode (if toggled on), Water Change Mode (if toggled)

{
      }
      else
      {
         //RDT_ActinicPWMValue=0;
      }

{
      }
      else
      {
        //LDT_ActinicPWMValue=0;
      }

{
      }
      else
      {
        RDT_DaylightPWMValue=0;
      }

{
      }
      else
      {
        LDT_DaylightPWMValue=0;
      }

CheckCloud();

}

//      - LDT (Left Display Tank) fixture on the "Standard" 2 (PWM signal) slots on my power relay box.
  //      - RDT (Right Display Tank) fixture on channels 0=daylight and 1=actinic (PWM signal) of the Dimming Expansion.
  //      - Moonlights = channels 2 and 3 of the PWM expansion. These drivers are Analog and the jumper pins have been set for 0-10v Analog in Dimming Expansion.

//   I got copied, set up, and working correctly for the 1 fixture on the Standard Ports.
 //                 - Then find a way to feed those values into the RDT lights with a "Random Sample" of + or - a small time offset for the cloud effect on the RDT
 //                                - This way I could randomly generate a weather sim, and randomly have the cloud move Right-to-Left or Left-to-Right each time a cloud occurs

//                  - Lightning effect could either be off set with a similar way with +/- value OR left sync'd to LDT lightning (would need to test what looks good).
//                  - Or possibly more or less lightning per fixture during cloud.

void CheckCloud()
{

// Minimum number of minutes for cloud duration.  Don't use min duration of less than 6.

//***Question***

static int cloudstart=0;
  static byte numclouds=0;

//LDTlightningLength=0;
  //RDTlightningLength=0;

if (cloudchance==255)
#else
#endif
    {
      cloudchance=random(100);
      if (cloudchance)
      {

}
    }

if (ForceCloud)
{
ForceCloud=false;
cloudchance=1;
cloudduration=8;
LDTlightningchance=1;
//RDTlightningchance=1;
}

if (cloudchance)
  {
    {

{
        if (LDTlightningstatus)
        {

}
        else
        {
          RDT_DaylightPWMValue=11;
          RDT_ActinicPWMValue=20;
          LDT_DaylightPWMValue=11;
          LDT_ActinicPWMValue=20;
        }
        delay(1);
      }
    }
  }

{
      cloudindex++;
      {

}
    }

{
    {
      int x=0;
    }
    if (LDTlightningchance)
    {
      int x=0;
    }
  }
}

{
  cstart*=60;
  cend*=60;
  //End Cloud & Lighting
}
Roberto.
rimai

Post by rimai »

troubadour11 wrote:
rimai wrote:Can you post your code?
Absolutely. You will find the code I just pushed up to the head-unit this morning in the next / latest post.

However, I have a more pressing question about the dosing pump memory locations and the offset over the web-wizard code update. It should be pretty simple I hope.

I just received my 2 ATO pumps and got them physically set up (thanks for getting the 2nd one sent out so quickly!) :)

I wanted to run the pumps simultaneously in/out for an AWC system. I hooked them all up, ran a 100 ml timed calibration test, etc.

I want to change 1 gal total per day spread out over 6 runs a day. I need to run each pump 177 and 170 seconds (6 x per day)

In the code I pushed this morning: (both ports removed from "always on" list)

Then I wanted to use the Uapp to set the internal memory for the correct intervals
DP1 Repeat = 240 (in minutes, every 4 hours)
DP1 Timer = 177 (in seconds)

DP2 Repeat = 240 (in minutes, every 4 hours)
DP2 Timer = 170 (in seconds)

I noticed it says in there that DP-2 has a 5 min offset and DP-3 a 10 minute offset. Is this true in the way I have it set up and used?

I had planned to run in/out at the same time drawing from the drain chamber and feeding into the return chamber. I used a gravity fed ATO with Kalk, so lowering the level is not an option. With the way I have it set up, it looks like I might pump my 631 ml of NSW into the system, then 5 minutes offset pull 631 ml back out. Which is ok and better then having set it up the other way and lowering my water level. But I'll have to test if the extra water will constantly cause my skimmer to over-flow. If they were triggered at the same time, the level wouldn't fluctuate as much. But this small of an amount may not be an issue in the long run if that's the best way to do it while utilizing internal memory that I can adjust as needed.

So with how I set it up, will I be getting that offset, or will they both just run at the same time if I set them to the same Repeat Interval?

As a "next-step" to my AWC system. I'd like to make some functions that I can change "x-amount" of water with a push button trigger. Like a pre-programmed 5, 10, 20 gallon water-change using the AWC system. In case I ever need to do a big change for some emergency reason. But first, I just will be thrilled to have it running the 1 gal / day! :P

As always, awesome hardware and thanks for the help! :roll:

Latest code is solo in the next post:
In this case, you can use the raw function.

ReefAngel.	DosingPumpRepeat(Port7, 0, InternalMemory.DP1RepeatInterval_read(), InternalMemory.DP1Timer_read());
ReefAngel.	DosingPumpRepeat(Port8, 0, InternalMemory.DP2RepeatInterval_read(), InternalMemory.DP2Timer_read());
The zero in the function is the offset.
DosingPumpRepeat1 basically calls the above function with zero offset and DosingPumpRepeat2 calls it with 5 offset.
Roberto.
troubadour11

Post by troubadour11 »

In this case, you can use the raw function.

ReefAngel.	DosingPumpRepeat(Port7, 0, InternalMemory.DP1RepeatInterval_read(), InternalMemory.DP1Timer_read());
ReefAngel.	DosingPumpRepeat(Port8, 0, InternalMemory.DP2RepeatInterval_read(), InternalMemory.DP2Timer_read());
The zero in the function is the offset.
DosingPumpRepeat1 basically calls the above function with zero offset and DosingPumpRepeat2 calls it with 5 offset.
This worked great. Thank you! :D

The Auto Water Change is up and running with the new pumps as expected!

Thanks again! I'll work on checking out and applying the fixes to move to the Web Wizard update soon. I'm glad it sounds like an easy update to the code.
troubadour11

Post by troubadour11 »

I have a couple horizontal mount float switches that I would like to install and set up a few alerts to let me know when the switches are triggered.
1.) bottom of NewSeaWater barrel in the AWC system to alert when empty and turn off AWC system (2 ports on relay) until cleared
2.) bottom of ATO container to alert when empty and refill needed
3.) I do have a standard float I'd set up in my OldSeaWater barrel in the AWC system as safety measure to alert and turn off the AWC system if the barrel is to full. This would just be a fail-safe back-up to the low-water trigger in the NSW barrel once I have the first two installs working.

Right now I'm not using any of the float switch ports on my RA+.

On the hardware side:
- Is it as simple as installing the switches in place, and then running a pair of wires to bridge
the distance between the RA+ pig-tails plugged into the port?
- Does matter which wire connects to which end of the pig-tail connector at the RA unit?
- Is there a max distance the wires can run between water storage barrels and the head-unit to trigger alerts and turn on/off relay outlets?

On the software side:
I see reference to setting up the WifiAlerts. Which is I think what I need to get going to flag when the float switches triggered. Is there some good existing documentation you can point me to on setting that up? Or give me a point in the right direction for this update.

Thanks for any help! It's been nice slowly adding more helpful tools into my system as it grows and develops. And the community has always been helpful in building the design!

I believe this should be my latest code that I pushed around 11/24/19:

#include <Globals.h>
#include <RA_Wifi.h>
#include <Wire.h>
#include <OneWire.h>
#include <Time.h>
#include <DS1307RTC.h>
#include <RA_NokiaLCD.h>
#include <RA_ATO.h>
#include <RA_Joystick.h>
#include <LED.h>
#include <Relay.h>
#include <RA_PWM.h>
#include <Timer.h>
#include <Memory.h>
#include <RA_Colors.h>
#include <Salinity.h>
#include <RF.h>
#include <IO.h>
#include <ORP.h>
#include <AI.h>
#include <PH.h>
#include <WaterLevel.h>
#include <Humidity.h>
#include <DCPump.h>
#include <ReefAngel.h>

void MenuEntry1()
{
}
void MenuEntry2()
{
}
void MenuEntry3()
{
ReefAngel.ATOClear();
}
void MenuEntry4()
{
}
void MenuEntry5()
{
}
void MenuEntry6()
{
}
void MenuEntry7()
{
}
void MenuEntry8()
{
ForceCloud=true;
}

void setup()
{
    ReefAngel.Init();  //Initialize controller

ReefAngel.AddStandardMenu();  // Add Standard Menu
    ReefAngel.Use2014Screen();  // Let's use 2014 Screen

// Port1 = Heater
      // Port2 = Heater
      // Port4 = Refugium Pump
      // Port5 = Return Pump

}

void loop()
{

{
      }
      else
      {
         //RDT_ActinicPWMValue=0;
      }

{
      }
      else
      {
        //LDT_ActinicPWMValue=0;
      }

{
      }
      else
      {
        RDT_DaylightPWMValue=0;
      }

{
      }
      else
      {
        LDT_DaylightPWMValue=0;
      }

CheckCloud();

}

//      - LDT (Left Display Tank) fixture on the "Standard" 2 (PWM signal) slots on my power relay box.
  //      - RDT (Right Display Tank) fixture on channels 0=daylight and 1=actinic (PWM signal) of the Dimming Expansion.
  //      - Moonlights = channels 2 and 3 of the PWM expansion. These drivers are Analog and the jumper pins have been set for 0-10v Analog in Dimming Expansion.

//   I got copied, set up, and working correctly for the 1 fixture on the Standard Ports.
 //                 - Then find a way to feed those values into the RDT lights with a "Random Sample" of + or - a small time offset for the cloud effect on the RDT
 //                                - This way I could randomly generate a weather sim, and randomly have the cloud move Right-to-Left or Left-to-Right each time a cloud occurs

//                  - Lightning effect could either be off set with a similar way with +/- value OR left sync'd to LDT lightning (would need to test what looks good).
//                  - Or possibly more or less lightning per fixture during cloud.

void CheckCloud()
{

// Minimum number of minutes for cloud duration.  Don't use min duration of less than 6.

//***Question***

static int cloudstart=0;
  static byte numclouds=0;

//LDTlightningLength=0;
  //RDTlightningLength=0;

if (cloudchance==255)
#else
#endif
    {
      cloudchance=random(100);
      if (cloudchance)
      {

}
    }

if (ForceCloud)
{
ForceCloud=false;
cloudchance=1;
cloudduration=8;
LDTlightningchance=1;
//RDTlightningchance=1;
}

if (cloudchance)
  {
    {

{
        if (LDTlightningstatus)
        {

}
        else
        {
          RDT_DaylightPWMValue=11;
          RDT_ActinicPWMValue=20;
          LDT_DaylightPWMValue=11;
          LDT_ActinicPWMValue=20;
        }
        delay(1);
      }
    }
  }

{
      cloudindex++;
      {

}
    }

{
    {
      int x=0;
    }
    if (LDTlightningchance)
    {
      int x=0;
    }
  }
}

{
  cstart*=60;
  cend*=60;
  //End Cloud & Lighting
}
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yes, you can just splice a pair of wires. There is no polarity and distance shouldn't matter.
You don't need to use the wifi alerts.
You can use the built-in portal alerts for ATO High and ATO Low ports with a condition to be = 1 or > 0. Either should work fine.
Roberto.
troubadour11

Post by troubadour11 »

I'm working on finishing up getting all the parts together for one of the float switches I was getting help with in the previous post.

I needed to wait for the first AWC barrel to empty to install the float. I have the new switch installed and ready to run my wires to connect on the RA unit.

Right now, I do not have anything plugged into the RA unit float switches and have not modified any code.

For now, I went into the Portal and created an alert for the ATO Low port. (see attachment)

- If there is nothing connected right now, will I ever see an e-mail right now even though it said it sent one?
In order to test the notification, I was just going to temporarily wire my extra switch once I have the notification for it set up properly.

- Is there a specific port/connection location of the 2 on the head-unit that I need to plug into for the portals alerts? For example: hi=right side, and low=left side?

- Is it possible to change the name label on these pre-set alerts. First I will be setting up this float for this AWC is empty and then the actual gravity fed ATO barrel being low. I get that I can just hook both up and they will be flagged as needed when empty. Is there anyway to easily label one AWC Low and ATO Low?

Thanks for the help and guidance. :)
Attachments
email_trigger
email_trigger
Annotation 2020-05-28 145621.gif (27.55 KiB) Viewed 7467 times
Portal Settings
Portal Settings
Annotation 2020-05-28 144825.gif (49.44 KiB) Viewed 7467 times
rimai

Post by rimai »

The way you have it is fine. You will get an email everytime the low ato port is 1(unconnected or float is floating if the wires are pointing up)
Roberto.
troubadour11

Post by troubadour11 »

rimai wrote:The way you have it is fine. You will get an email everytime the low ato port is 1(unconnected or float is floating if the wires are pointing up)
Sounds good but if I ready your help correctly. Now I think I may have my set up backwards one way or the other maybe. So just to be sure let me ask...

If this is a horizontal float switch going through the side of a barrel. I have it installed & set up to be floating up when the barrel is full. And not floating or lowered down and in a straight line and making contact when empty:

Does that mean I need a change on the ATO Low to be = 0 then?
- So that I'll get an e-mail every time the float is down and in the connected straight line position.

Or did I install my horizontal float switch upside down / wrong way?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yes, it looks like you want set it to 0
Roberto.