Can you edit existing program with wizard

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
Cariba

Can you edit existing program with wizard

Post by Cariba »

Can someone verify if I can only use the web wizard to create new program? Say I have created (w wizard) a previous program that is loaded on the controller, but I want to edit it to add another function for a unused relay port....can I use the web wizard to edit the existing program or if I use the wizard then i'll have to start from beginning and specify the relay ports again that were done already - this is what is seems like (that I can't open & edit with web wizard)....?

I was using the web based web wizard btw, should I instead use the Adrino version, upload the controllers code first, then try to edit with the Adrino wizard?

Thanks in advance.
Cariba

Re: Can you edit existing program with wizard

Post by Cariba »

Also, how do I open (download) the program that is on the controller to the PC to view with Adrino progrmaing software?
Piper

Post by Piper »

As long as you saved your code when you originally programmed it you will be able to reload that into the Web Wizard to edit. You can’t download the code from the head unit though.
Cariba

Post by Cariba »

THanks, that what \i researched as well....thats the meaning of compiling, as it converts program and transfers it to head unit. ok got it now....but those that mean that the web wizard cannot be used to edit an existing program?
Piper

Post by Piper »

Cariba wrote:....but those that mean that the web wizard cannot be used to edit an existing program?
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here. As long as you saved your original code you can load it back into the web wizard and edit it. In the top left corner of the wizard you will see a menu button. That menu will let you save your code and also let you open it back up in the wizard to edit and re-upload to your RA. I hope that helps.