For new members/buyers

New members questions
Chris

For new members/buyers

Post by Chris »

Just thought I'd let anyone that is thinking about buying a reef angel or just received one that what a amazing choice you made.
I was looking at all different controllers on the Market and was getting so many reviews.
But I do admit that the reef angel looked very confusing being a open source controller and being the cheapest one to I was very curious in getting one.
After chatting to roberto though email I bit the bullet and brought one with everything it could come with. And still it was cheaper than just the control box of other brands.
I got it hear in australia 5 days later and started to set it up.
I won't lie I was puzzled for a while but this forum was a life saver.
The guys on hear were amazingly helpful and bent over backwards to help me with everything I needed and the support was 100%.
Now 4/5 months later it's already advanced loads with lighting simulations and storms. Wifi. And now iPhone app. What else will they come up with. Seems these guys can do anything you need with this controller.

So the end all of this post is.
If your thinking of buying a reef angel or have just got one. You have made a very good choice. I'm sure everyone on here will back me up.
Good work guys looking forward to what you can come up with next.
chase

Re: For new members/buyers

Post by chase »

+1
alexwbush

Post by alexwbush »

not to mention new capabilities are being developed daily. I believe the Vortech controller is almost done and a salinity probe is getting close.
Xender

Post by Xender »

+1000 !!! ;-)
Fresh Water Aquarium 180*60*80
Salt Water Aquarium 60*60*60
Click Here to see the Video of my Fresh Water Aquarium
chase

Post by chase »

alexwbush wrote:not to mention new capabilities are being developed daily. I believe the Vortech controller is almost done and a salinity probe is getting close.
Isn't this the salinity probe?
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=286
rimai

Post by rimai »

yes!! :mrgreen:
Roberto.
chase

Post by chase »

Customer support for the RA hardware, software, etc has totally exceeded my expectations. These guys will go the extra mile to help you get things going and the parts you need should you have any issues. Once your controller is up and running you'll come to appreciate the hard work these guys put in to this controller all while charging a fraction of what the 'plug and play' controllers cost. It will take some extra time, but the accomplishment and rewards of being able to fully customize your controller the way you want it (along with supporting a great product by a very talented team of developers) is more than worth it.
binder

Post by binder »

+1

yeah, those developer guys are crazy....coming up with all those apps to do 90% of the work for you is just ridiculous. i've even heard they are working on an Android App too. what will they do next?!?!?

curt