Dosing Pump Confusion

Talk about you and your tank/equipment
rimai

Re: Dosing Pump Confusion

Post by rimai »

Try this:
dosing.png
dosing.png (11.6 KiB) Viewed 7293 times
It will dose for 2 seconds every 360 minutes.

Maybe I don't have the correct words.
Can you please help me understand why you are having difficulties understanding what the description says?
What part of the description do I need to change to make it more clear that you want to dose for 2 seconds every 360 minutes?
I'll be more than glad to change it if it would make it easier to understand.
Roberto.
Gideon1

Post by Gideon1 »

Thanks Drew....but one of the reasons for buy this system was to save me the time as I am busy like the rest of the world. What is your method of dosing?...do you use the reef angel dozer? if so how are you dosing via wizord or hard coding? thanks for your input, I'm just having problems as I'm not a coder...I just need help to get this right. Thanks!
Gideon1

Post by Gideon1 »

rimai wrote:Try this:
dosing.png

Can you please help me understand why you are having difficulties understanding what the description says?
What part of the description do I need to change to make it more clear that you want to dose for 2 seconds every 360 minutes?
Okay, it seems as though I am having problems dozing. What will the off set number be for 5 min apart...I am sorry if I just dont understand but no need to patronize. Thanks!
Gideon1

Post by Gideon1 »

rimai wrote:Try this:
dosing.png

...if this has not worked already why would you advise to use diferent numbers at shorter interval, it would just make it more difficult to notice the problem....
rimai

Post by rimai »

This function works just fine with shorter intervals.
The issue with your situation was the extended interval with a very long interval too.
I personally prefer hourly doses, but that's just me.
You can do 0 offset for the 1st pump and 5 offset for the second pump.
Roberto.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I'm also not trying to patronize. I'm trying to make it more understandable for you and others that may use this.
If you are not understanding, there is a reason and if you could explain, maybe we could come up with a different way of wording the description that would make it easier to understand, so next user doesn't have the same confusion you are having.
This is an open source community. We are just as good as ourselves and by giving feedback on why you are having difficulties, it just makes it better for everyone and makes the product much more valuable to everyone.
There are certain things i take for granted and may cause confusion to others and that's why I was asking you to help.
One good example is the bug that you helped me find on the function. Without you pointing it out, I'd never have found it. So, you see?? Even you with no knowledge in programming is a helping member of the community and by pointing things out or helping with documentation or descriptions, we all gain from it.
Roberto.