RA* - Disable Sleep/Screensaver?

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
rimai

Re: RA* - Disable Sleep/Screensaver?

Post by rimai »

I found the bug.
It was a return call I had missed and it only happens at a very specific time. So, it was a matter of chance.
It was returning without enabling the I2C bus again.
Can you give it another try?
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:I found the bug.
It was a return call I had missed and it only happens at a very specific time. So, it was a matter of chance.
It was returning without enabling the I2C bus again.
Can you give it another try?
I most certainly will but it will be on Tuesday when I get back to work (where tank is located)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
binder

Post by binder »

I don't see the changes/commits in github.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Sorry. I just pushed it
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:Sorry. I just pushed it
Awesome. So far it appears to be working normally. the only thing that is going on extra is that 5 second delay that you added in (don't think that is actually necessary anymore so it could and probably should be removed).
just the couple quick things that i have done that would have previously caused the "lock up" (or dropping of the modules), has not.
it's probably safe to say this is now resolved....unless there's some sort of "rare case".
Piper

Post by Piper »

This sounds promising! I will update my code and upload tonight and see if that helps. I sure hope this does the trick!
binder

Post by binder »

Piper wrote:This sounds promising! I will update my code and upload tonight and see if that helps. I sure hope this does the trick!
I have been running it since I posted and it's been doing great. No issues that I have noticed.
Please post your results.

Piper

Post by Piper »

I updated/loaded my code Thursday night. I’m now able to use my expansion hug again and most of my expansions that I had to previously ditched because of the bus locks. The one exception is my dimming expansion. It continuously locks the bus on me. I have enough dimming ports on the head unit so it’s not a big deal for me at this time.

Prior to the update my controller would just lock up and stop responding. Now it actually reports the bus lock on the head unit and in the app and also beeps so I know there is a problem. I’ll call this a big improvement for sure. I was seriously looking into alternatives prior to this update. I’m glad I held out :)
binder

Post by binder »

awesome!

as for the dimming expansion, it could be the module or the port on the expansion hub. Roberto can help you with the troubleshooting.