Random feeding mode being triggered

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
tngo

Random feeding mode being triggered

Post by tngo »

Has anyone ever had issues with random feeding mode being triggered? Any clues to what could cause this issue?

Thanks,
Tim
rimai

Re: Random feeding mode being triggered

Post by rimai »

Do you have anything on your code that triggers that?
Roberto.
tngo

Post by tngo »

Nope, nothing in code that calls a feeding mode to start or stop. I only check whether feeding mode is active in code to allow the RF module to change the Vortech mode.

Tim
tngo

Post by tngo »

Roberto,

Would you know what would trigger the feeding mode to begin? Would a buslock cause the feeding mode to trigger? I know that the light from my RF module sometimes would turn off and then on; resyncing the ecotech slaves when it comes on. The main unit doesn't send any bus lock issue so I didn't really pay attention to it. The main unit tries to clear the bus locks as they occur before sending out messages correct? I'm not sure on that as I'm not seeing the actual buslock messages. If buslocks can cause feeding modes to start randomly, then I'll go through and see if can find the module causing the buslock.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I don't think it would, but try disconnecting this RF module and see if there is any change.
Roberto.
tngo

Post by tngo »

Yeah, I'll test out the RF and dimming modules over the weekend.

Tim
tngo

Post by tngo »

It looks like the RF module causes the random feed starts to occur. Not sure how that happens. Going to connect it to a different port on the expansion hub to see what happens.

Tim
tngo

Post by tngo »

Switching the RF module to a different port on the port expansion module didn't fix the issue. I can only assume that there is something wrong with the RF module. Do you still sell the RF modules Roberto?

Thanks,
Tim
rimai

Post by rimai »

I still owe you a cloud hub.
That should take care of this.
I'm working on it.
Roberto.
tngo

Post by tngo »

Okay cool. Thanks Roberto. Some reason everything's been stable with with the RF module plugged in. I only opened up the the RF module to check the board but it looked clean. The cloud hub will be really interesting to add.

Tim
tngo

Post by tngo »

Hi Roberto,

Any luck with the cloud hub progress? Really looking forward to trying it out.

Thanks,
Tim
rimai

Post by rimai »

It has been sitting here but with this whole shelter in place, I decided it was best to wait.
Roberto.
tngo

Post by tngo »

Okay cool thanks. Let me know how much I owe you for it.

Tim
tngo

Post by tngo »

Hi Roberto,

The cloud hub has pretty much solved all the issues with random reboots, random feeding mode calls, and intermittant RF module functionality. Thanks for making it! I'll still get a reboot of the head unit once in a while but nothing that would cause all the modules to stop and restart, so the tank has been much more stable and easier to monitor. Would I be able to add dimming modules and relays to other multiple cloud hubs or am I limited to what the head unit can process?

Thanks!
Tim
rimai

Post by rimai »

The head unit can only control one dimming module and up to 8 expansion relay boxes.
The cloud hub is just a virtual link from the head unit to the expansion modules. It doesn't do anything else.
It makes it possible to control expansion modules connected to it instead of directly to the head unit/expansion hub.
Roberto.