Relay Expansion Box Going Out?

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
Piper

Relay Expansion Box Going Out?

Post by Piper »

I think my universal relay expansion box might be going out. Last night I got home from work and all my lights and powerheads were off on the tank. They're all plugged into the 2nd relay box on top of the canopy. I noticed the switch was off so I reset the breaker/switch on the box and everything came back on just fine. About 15 minutes later I noticed the lights out again. I unplugged both of my powerheads and reset the box again. All the lights came on again just fine. Another 10-15 goes by and it tripped again. I went through this process again trying my 4 lights (Kessil A360s) one by one (powerheads still off) to see if it is one of them causing the problem. Same thing, it trips after about 10-15 minutes. The same gear has been working on this box for the last year or better. Is this a sign that my box is going out perhaps?

~Charlie
rimai

Re: Relay Expansion Box Going Out?

Post by rimai »

Weird.
That breaker trips usually when there is an overload.
Roberto.
Piper

Post by Piper »

I think I need to recheck my lights when I get home tonight. I'm looking at my web cam right now and the lights are on. I'm pretty sure that I left one light unplugged last night. If that doesn't work I still have a couple of the old style boxes I can throw up there to test with.
Piper

Post by Piper »

It must have been solar flares. I got home last night and all the lights were on except for the one I left unplugged. I plugged that one back in and no problems for the remainder of the night. I've been watching the camera throughout the day today and they're still all on. Very strange...

~Charlie