Unreachable address

Related to the Portal
Ismaclst

Unreachable address

Post by Ismaclst »

What would cause my portal to not update? It has been saying "unreachable address" for about a week now. It used to work fine until this started to happen. The wifi address that is shown on the portal page is the same one it has been using. If I lost power, shouldn't the portal automatically find the new wifi address?
rimai

Re: Unreachable address

Post by rimai »

Most likely port forwarding on your router.
Roberto.
Ismaclst

Post by Ismaclst »

I had port forwarding working before. I can't even access it internally in my network.
rimai

Post by rimai »

That's what I mean.
Your router probably assigned a new ip address to your wifi attachment and port forwarding got messed up.
Roberto.
Ismaclst

Post by Ismaclst »

I thought the portal was to suppose to automatically detect the wifi address of the wifi attachment? Right now it's still showing the one it was using when it was working correctly.
rimai

Post by rimai »

It will automatically find your WAN ip address.
The portal has no way of getting inside your network unless you allow it with port forwarding.
Roberto.
Ismaclst

Post by Ismaclst »

rimai wrote:That's what I mean.
Your router probably assigned a new ip address to your wifi attachment and port forwarding got messed up.
I finally got to checking this out. :oops: I looked to see if the router assigned a new ip address for my wifi attachment but it is still the same from when I originally set it up. The only thing that seemed different was that I had to reserve the ip address again. After all of that, I'm still getting unreachable address in the portal. I know it means port forwarding is not working, but I can't seem to see any issue's with it. Is there something else I'm missing?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Roberto.
Ismaclst

Post by Ismaclst »

I did check it with that, and it says it's not open. I figured it was port forwarding, but I can't seem to see anything wrong with it. Nothing has changed other than I had to reserve the IP address again.