Jebao OW dimming issue

Expansion modules and attachments
kirkwood

Jebao OW dimming issue

Post by kirkwood »

I have had a jebao wp40 running on the RA jebao cable for years. I purchased a new Jebao OW40 and assumed this would bea simple swap of the pump. Well the OW40 does nothing when connected to the jebao cable. Works fine when not controled by the RA? Anyone know why?
libertyaquarium

Re: Jebao OW dimming issue

Post by libertyaquarium »

As far as I remember, the new Jebao cable was altered from male to female connection (or vice versa), therefore we cannot connect using the old RA Jebao cable.

Did you manage to connect it?

Search the forum, I think it is not a new issue
kirkwood

Post by kirkwood »

I had no problem connecting my jebao cable to the new Jebao OW. I don't follow exactly what you mean by the connection issue. I thought maybe the dimming changed from PWM to analog or something? any assistance is appreciated.
kirkwood

Post by kirkwood »

If anyone knows of this issue being dealt with on a previous post can you please provide a link?? I've searched old threads but can't find anything.
hous0067

Post by hous0067 »

Did you ever get this figured out?
I have a new PP-15 doesn't work with the RA/Jebao cable an older PP-15 was using until it died this week. I expected the swap to be plug and play but, nope. There is no change in the connectors, pump cable is female, controller is male. Like you said, the PP-15 works fine with the controller in the box, but not the RA.
-Ken
hous0067

Post by hous0067 »

Jebao changed their controllers/pumps. The pulses come from the controllers now (instead of the motor) so a simple steady control voltage does nothing. There are boxes like the aqualink a1 that may work, they can control the DC return pumps, but I'm not sure if anyone has tried them with the wavemakers yet to confirm. It's probably cheaper to get the SW series, which has 0-10v input for control built-in, but you'll need to make a cord. Doesn't do much for me because I was using 0-5v ATO ports to control. Does anyone know if the new Jebao cords in the RA shop have been redesigned to work with the new control method?
-Ken
hous0067

Post by hous0067 »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-JEBAO-JECO ... 2749.l2649

I just got this one and it works. YMMV.
-Ken
psyrob

Post by psyrob »

I want to know this too...why no responses??
rimai

Post by rimai »

I has been answered already. The old pumps had motor driver inside the pump itself and the new ones have the motor driver in their standalone controller.
RA doesn't have a motor driver, so you would have to use one driver that can run the Jebao pumps and has either PWM or analog control signal.
Roberto.