Dimming to zero

Expansion modules and attachments
topjimmy

Dimming to zero

Post by topjimmy »

Greetings all.

I recently added a dimming module to control some LEDs that I have added. The driver is the blueacro dual channel. It uses 0-5v I set the first two channels to the 0-5v with jumpers.

I can control the LEDs but they don't go to zero . Anyone have any ideas?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
binder

Re: Dimming to zero

Post by binder »

It is possible that the driver itself doesn't dim down that far. Over the years, many people have encountered problems with dimming the full range. So, your "0 to 100%", may be a more narrow range,which you will have to determine yourself by manually changing the percentage and figuring out what their cutoff is. For some reason, 20% is not standing out in my mind as a common low cutoff value. Or it could be what my drivers did.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Agreed with what binder said. Many drivers do not power off at 0 and you will have to put some code to say when it's below x % cut the power to the led.
topjimmy

Post by topjimmy »

The driver claims that it can be dimmed to zero. Since adding the dimming module my head unit has been a problem. I have the hub, with a water level expansion, second relay, and now the dimming module. It seems to reboot itself sometimes several times in a row. The wireless module freaks out too.

Do I need to use the ground posts on the dimming module?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
topjimmy

Post by topjimmy »

Ok solved this. The driver dimming shares a common ground with the DC power there was no dim - so the circuit wasn't complete. Working perfectly now all the way to zero.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk
binder

Post by binder »

awesome. glad to hear you got it figured out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk