Why no more RF module?

Expansion modules and attachments
SouthernReefer

Why no more RF module?

Post by SouthernReefer »

In my search. For powerheads, I still consider a pair of pm 10s for the back wall... But i see you can't order the RF module anymore. Any reason why?
rimai

Re: Why no more RF module?

Post by rimai »

There has never been any help from Ecotech to support the product.
When they launched the new QD driver, they changed the communication protocol and it broke the sync we were doing with the drivers.
Roberto.
SouthernReefer

Post by SouthernReefer »

rimai wrote:There has never been any help from Ecotech to support the product.
When they launched the new QD driver, they changed the communication protocol and it broke the sync we were doing with the drivers.
Well that makes sense!! Another product off my wish list. Looks like I'll go with the reef octopus octopulse 2s then after all... They have 0 to 10 control native.
plankton

Post by plankton »

SouthernReefer wrote:
rimai wrote:There has never been any help from Ecotech to support the product.
Well that makes sense!! Another product off my wish list. Looks like I'll go with the reef octopus octopulse 2s then after all... They have 0 to 10 control native.
I know this is an older post but, just sh*t.

I've been using complete Neptune Apex product line thus far (in US) : Apex, trident, dos, nearly all modules etc ... except Neptune WXM module because it cannot for the life of itself maintain a connect with older RF Modules on older Radion XR30 and MPQD pumps (non mobius enabled).

Even the native Reeflink product is just barely better than horrible WXM module.

I was hoping RA had a better relationship with EcoTechMarine and their RF implementation.

I do have mobius enabled products controlled by mobius. But for mobius or even old RF modules I'd love to utilize or build a bridge (I have full Arduino BLE environment) and seriously thinking about how to interface with older RF Modules given supply shortage of black Mobius RF (BLE) modules) and weird pervasive issues with Mobius app itself.

Any chance of an updated RF Module?