Eheim autofeeder

Request new hardware or ideas for the controller
lnevo

Re: Eheim autofeeder

Post by lnevo »

The code looks fine. It should be triggering FeedingMode at 6pm...

Everything else is based on being in FeedingMode. The fact that the relay triggered which can only happen when in FeedingMode means that worked. So either something cancelled the mode, or the time for Feeding is somehow set low. Did you by chance update that during troubleshooting. Can you verify the value in memory for your feeing time?
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Not sure if you are following me when I say it triggered.
Port 3 on my Power Control Module is triggering the relay I have to trigger the feeder (not connected yet).
Nothing else is getting triggered.

I did not adjust the feeding time, because it works fine when hit feeding on the head unit or on in the app on my phone.

I just checked the Feeding Mode Timer value from the Android app and it is set to 900 second like it should be.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Yes I followed you...

The only way that the Port3 on the power control module can be turned on based on the code you showed is when the RA is in Feeding Mode.

The only way code that affects the start of FeedingMode is the check at 6pm. The rest of the code is independent and your RA should be in FeedingMode and the rest should trigger properly. Based on what your describing it sounds like your only in Feeding Mode enough to trigger the autofeeder.

Not sure what is going on... I'll try another look but it seems odd to me that it's not staying in Feeding Mode...
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

I'll double check it tonight.

If I follow you, what you are saying is that it will not go into feeding mode if I manually trigger Port3 on the power control module thru the Portal of off of my phone it will only go into feeding mode if Port3 on the power control module is triggered by the code.

Is that correct, because my basis for saying that it wasn't working was I turned Port3 on the power control module on from my phone and didn't see anything else related to feeding mode happen.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Ok, yeah you have the method of how this works totally wrong :)

At 6pm, your controller goes into feeding mode nothing else happens.

60 seconds into feeding mode the autofeeder turns on. At 61 seconds the feeder turns off. This can be any time feeding mode is called.

It's all based on when your controller goes into feeding mode not when a port goes on/off.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Ok. I though that triggering the relay was what put it in feeding mode, besides trigger the feeder.

I'll double check that it is working as it should (rather than ad I thought) when I get home.

Sorry for taking up your time on a misunderstanding.

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

No worries.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

It works correctly. Thanks

RootsRockReefer

Post by RootsRockReefer »

very cool idea with the eheim auto feeder. will have read up on this!
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

It is a cool idea. I just suck at soldering and haven't been able to attache the relay yo the feed button properly yet.
I toasted one feeder already.

Gonna pick up a new one today and sync it to the RA so I at least have a feeder for while I'm on vacation next week.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Is there a way to code it so that the Auto feed is disabled if I manually hit Feed Mode from the head unit, Andriod app or Portal?

I feed the tank with Reef Chili today and don't want to feed them again the flake food.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Plenty of ways...but you could just leave an override off on your feeder relay until you want it back on...
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

So you're saying to do s manual override from the portal or app, and then take off the mask when I want it to run again?

It will still put the pumps in feed mode (0% in my case) and still put it in NTM after the supposed feed time, correct?