U-App Repo

Community contributed apps

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:52 am
@Roberto, can you confirm where I can find the repo for the currently running version of U-App (http://forum.reefangel.com/uapp/)? The running version says v2.0.6, but the master branch at GitHub (https://github.com/reefangel/U-App-2.0) seems to show 2.0.4. I have a few tweaks that I'm hoping to submit as a pull request in the near future.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:30 pm
BTW, the changes I have include:

[*]Menu item to show current controller time
[*]Show default labels instead of "null" if not available (which also fixes the issue with the Radion labels always showing "null" if you download labels from the portal)
[*]Allow adjusting the feeding timer from the internal memory screen
[*]Show the current mode (e.g., feeding, water change)
[*]Retry logic if HTML GET fails, which occurs quite often with my controller
[*]Turn the "Flags" tab red if there are currently active flags

I am also trying to get a change in to improve the ability for the app to automatically connect for cloud updates. I often find myself having to hit "Refresh" to get this going.
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:58 pm
Great to see some work going on to improve the U-App. Nice updates, I hope to see them merged soon!

For the retry, it's super-frustrating that if my screen locks and I open the phone back right to the u-app, it loses the connection to the cloud and issuing any relay commands time-out. I then have to refresh the screen by clicking the relay tab again or switching to status and back. Either way it's super annoying. I hope some of that logic improves things like that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:02 pm
Sorry... I forgot to push it.
Just did it :)
I hope it doesn't mess things up with your changes you made already.
Roberto.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:20 am
I was able to merge your changes in, and it seems to be working so far. Your changes have fixed the cloud stuff, so I now have the ability to make some changes there. I'll see what I can do to improve the connection logic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:17 pm
I have also now added a way to change the Radion settings in internal memory, since the RF screen only allows you to override the values.

Return to Apps