U-App Repo

Community contributed apps
sbidny

Re: U-App Repo

Post by sbidny »

Fixed the issue with default labels. Been using this all weekend, and I've been happy with the results. No longer need to hit refresh or change screens to reconnect, which is a big improvement in usability. Let me know if you need anything else.
sbidny

Post by sbidny »

Trickling in more updates:

Fixed issued with dimming and RF sliders always showing 50% instead of actual percent value
Fixed issue with “Disconnected” not showing properly when connection lost
Fixed issue with “OK” not always showing properly after internal memory update

Plan to target the timeout issues when you try to update values to their same value next.

Roberto, do you think we’ll be able to get out the new version soon? Thanks!
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah I can do it.
I was just waiting for all the updates to be completed.
But I'll release one out today and if there is more, I'll release them later.
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

sbidny wrote:Trickling in more updates:
Plan to target the timeout issues when you try to update values to their same value next.
Similar issue with the relays if they reset. For instance, If i override a port on and my code put's it back to auto but then starts a timer or calls another function, you'll get the timeout there as well.
sbidny

Post by sbidny »

Roberto, I noticed a bug caused by my cleanup of onMessageArrived(). It's a small change, and I have submitted a pull request to pick up the fix. I'd recommend pulling it in as soon as possible. It causes a timeout to occur every time you change mode or try to clear a flag, even though these actions succeed. Thanks!
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Is there an easy way to confirm if I have your version @sbidny?
sbidny

Post by sbidny »

lnevo wrote:Is there an easy way to confirm if I have your version @sbidny?
There are a few ways, but the easiest is probably looking at the top of the menu. It should say “Reef Angel Uapp 2.0.7.”

If it doesn’t, try clearing your browser’s cache. Just need to do for reefangel.com, but if you do for everything, that should work too.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Thanks that helped. I had to delete and recreate the bookmark (I think) on my phone. Will try a different way next time.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Changes pushed.
Roberto.
sbidny

Post by sbidny »

Thanks, Roberto. We probably need to do something different with the file versioning to ensure browser caches are being refreshed when new files are available. Will look into it.

In the meantime, it’s likely that many folks are still using the old version until their browser cache expires or is manually cleared.
abavery

Post by abavery »

I've got 2.0.8 running on the site, and it looks like I'm getting some sort of default labels when I try to download them. Any fix for that in place or should I go fix it on GitHub? Thanks
rimai

Post by rimai »

I am able to download labels just fine.
Roberto.
abavery

Post by abavery »

Maybe I'm doing it wrong. I don't have the cloud module, so I just punch in my username. It downloads labels, but they're not my labels. I get ATO Solenoid, RODI to SW, SW Mixing Pump, ATO Pump, Saltwater Pump, Waste Pump, Heater 1, and Skimmer Cleaner. I'm guessing those are some kind of defaults. Anything I can do to troubleshoot? Thanks
rimai

Post by rimai »

When you login to the portal, is it not what you have?
Roberto.
abavery

Post by abavery »

No, in the portal I have entirely different values. I have tried changing them. Removing spaces. Making them shorter. Nothing works. Although it did used to work.
rimai

Post by rimai »

That is not what I get from the server....

Code: Select all

<R1N>Heater</R1N>
<R2N>LeftPowerhead</R2N>
<R3N>BackPowerhead</R3N>
<R4N>ProteinSkimmer</R4N>
<R5N>Refugium</R5N>
<R6N>FugeLight</R6N>
<R7N>AlkDoser</R7N>
<R8N>CaDoser</R8N>
I would suggest deleting all profiles and adding a new one again.
Roberto.
abavery

Post by abavery »

Those are the values I am expecting. I have deleted the profile from the web app and readded it a couple times. No result. I tried in incognito mode so I'd have a fresh cache and I get the same incorrect labels. I may have to dig into the JS to see what kind of reply I'm getting to the request.
abavery

Post by abavery »

I dug into the JS a little, and my RA.ID is null when the request is made for some reason. I'm investigating why that might be right now. I have the value set for the cloud username with no cloud password.
rimai

Post by rimai »

You can't assign cloud username nor cloud password if you don't use the cloud wifi attachment or RA Star.
You must leave those blank.
You do need the ip address and port. After the initial connection, the app will know the correct username to download the labels.
Roberto.
abavery

Post by abavery »

Where does it get my username from? I think that must be the part I am missing.
rimai

Post by rimai »

From the controller. Once it establishes a connection and grabs the XML data, one of the fields is the username.
Roberto.
abavery

Post by abavery »

Yep. That was it. When I added some dosers and reuploaded my code I neglected to put my username in the wizard above the DDNS address thinking that I didn't need it since I wasn't going to use DDNS. Thanks for your help! Everything works perfectly now.

As an aside, what IDE are you using when developing the U-App? I am usually a desktop C# developer, so my web work is a little rusty and I had a whale of a time trying to get it to build in Visual Studio. If you've got any upcoming features in the works I'd love to help out.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I use visual code
Roberto.