RA+ wifi connection - port forwarding

Community contributed apps
howaboutme

Re: RA+ wifi connection - port forwarding

Post by howaboutme »

Got it. Thanks!

Another question. Will access to the information from the RA Portal be available outside of my network? Does it have to do with port forwarding at all or just the android/iphone apps?
Jack
rimai

Post by rimai »

Portal data is available anywhere. The controller sends data to portal every 5 min
Roberto.
howaboutme

Post by howaboutme »

Thank you Roberto! I'm good for now at least until I get my tank up.
Jack
howaboutme

Post by howaboutme »

Roberto or anyone.

Need some help. I just setup my google wifi and am switching everything over from the Verizon router. I am using a new SSID and pswd. I used terra term (per post previous) and uploaded the new info to the wifi attachment. The attachment has the green light (no blue). from there, I'm not sure what is going on.

I am able to see a generic screen at http://http://xxx.xxx.xx.xx:2000/wifi (no info, just zeros). I'm not sure if that is right or wrong.

From there I'm trying to port forward on the google home app and it's a bit confusing. It's asking me for internal and external. I put 2000 on both and click TCP but it's saying that its failed to add rule and to check internal and external.

first, do you see my RA in the portal? It currently says unreachable address but the last update is current and #'s seem correct. If you can see that, then I can isolate it to port forwarding.

Anyone have experience doing this w/ google/nest wifi?

thanks in advance!
Jack
howaboutme

Post by howaboutme »

NM. Forgot to forward both routers. :D
Jack