Expansion Relay issue

Expansion modules and attachments
CASPAR

Expansion Relay issue

Post by CASPAR »

Ok after a lil testing after updating to 1.04 now it seems to be doin same thing i:e port 1 & 7 set to always on does not always come back on through portal or phone app even though shows it should be on. They seem like their is a time delay before they come back on and I didnt set one while using the wizard......
rimai

Re: Expansion Relay issue

Post by rimai »

So, does it mean it does come back on eventually?
Roberto.
CASPAR

Post by CASPAR »

Port 1 on expansion relay does not come back on at all is set to always on but if manually turn it off via portal or phone app it does not turn back on when it shows it should be. 7 is same and think a few other ones as well, will continue testing.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Did you try swapping relay boxes?
Roberto.
CASPAR

Post by CASPAR »

No but i will but i need the PWM relay box to be the one inline first, but I will try that just for testing purposes.
CASPAR

Post by CASPAR »

just switched relay boxes, seems to work that way but seems as though about every 3rd try in cycling with time in between they still will not come back on. Let me do a lil more experimenting and will let ya know my findings......
CASPAR

Post by CASPAR »

Ok after taking everything down and unhooked, switched relay box order and with the analog controller inline first then pwm second everything seemed to work perfect. But dont if I am using pwm dimming doesnt it need to be the first one inline? Also switched back with pwm relay as first one and this is what I got . Everything on pwm box worked correctly but when tested analog relay box plug #1 & 7 failed to turn back on although they showed they were, and plug #2 if ya switched it off then switched back on it would come back on but switch on phone app would go back to off position but plug would actually be back on....second relay box is set with all plugs being set to always on. This particular test was done with only using the iphone phone application, tomorrow I will do same test using only the portal and report those results. Oh and before I forget this test is being conducted with the use of a 1/4 watt nite lite in each plug.
CASPAR

Post by CASPAR »

^BUMP^
rimai

Post by rimai »

You said you were going to do the same test and let us know.
Did you do?
It seems that no matter which box you use, whatever is used as expansion box is what has probems, is it correct?
Roberto.
CASPAR

Post by CASPAR »

Ok as long as the analog box is put inline first, everything works correctly via portal and phone app. In that order though I can not use the PWM dimming, I need that part for the moonphase. Everytime the PWM box is inline first is when the problems occur. Sorry Roberto, just realized I didnt post back the findings my fault, now that I have maybe it will help find the problem.

Only when the analog relay box is used first does everything seem to work correctly, but when I have the PWM relay box used first with analog as expansion does things go haywire as mentioned.......Need PWM first for correct dimming of moonlights, reason why I bought the PWM expansion and did as you said put it inline first. Would it help if I wrote another program through wizard and used just the PWM with no expansion and see what happens? Would like to get it all working with both boxes.
Last edited by CASPAR on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Weird.
So, if you place the analog box first, all ports work fine? All relays from the main box (analog) and all relays from the exp box (pwm)??
Roberto.