Memory Files and PDE files

New members questions
Cruzer

Memory Files and PDE files

Post by Cruzer »

Hello all,

I have read over and over again that once you upload a memory file that you do not have to do it again. I understand that the memory file is allowing certain options for the pde file to use. What I dont understand is if I want to change the lighting period for a set of lights, how do I do that without updating the memory file that has those settings in it? Do I have to write code each time to make small changes like that? I feel I am missing a very important piece of the puzzle. I have read this board untill my eyes start bleeding but am missing this vital information. I know pretty basic question.
rimai

Re: Memory Files and PDE files

Post by rimai »

You can use Android app, RA Status software and Client software to update memory settings.
I can't remember if iPhone can too, but I'm sure if not now, it's coming pretty soon.
Roberto.
Cruzer

Post by Cruzer »

So lets say in the internal memory file that I have genrated I have a set of light tuning on at 1400 and off at 2200. And a few days later I want to have the lights come on at 1300 and off at 2100, do I write code to make that change, or do I make another mem file and change it there and reload it and the PDE file? IF the changes I want to make are outside of what I specified in the memory file can I still change it in the PDE file such as the light coming on outside of the 1400-2200 time frame I put in the mem file?
Is the Mem file just settings to build a PDE file off of, but it does not set in stone anything that the PDE can override?
rimai

Post by rimai »

No, the internal memory file is just to start off with something.
You can use one of the apps I mentioned to change on the fly.
When I want to change the time of my lights, I simply open the Android app and change the on or off time to another time. :)
I love the Android app !! 8-)
Roberto.