Is RA right for me?

New members questions
orucco

Is RA right for me?

Post by orucco »

Hello and thanks for the most informative forum! I am on a limited income and am retired after 40 years in the telephone industry. I am comfortable with Windows based PCs but do not know C+ or programming. I have a 75 gal reef with soft corals and a sump. My lights are Aquatclife 6 bulb t5 with 2 channels on a single AC cord. I also have a Red Sea wave controller that my 3 Korallia Evolution power heads and my Eheim 1262 return pump connect to and it has a feed mode which turns off all pumps except 1 pH for 30 minutes. dose daily by hand 2 part and topoff manually. I would like a controller for heater protection auto topoff, and 2 part dosing at least right now. I do like the unlimited possibilities RA seems to offer and do enjoy some diy. Apex seems to have many firmware updates and problems and Reefkeeper seems o lack product support by the manufacturer from viewing there forums. RA seems to have very helpful and informative support by maker and members! Sorry for the long post but just want the best I can afford and a pleasant experience. Thanks for any information you can give!.............Tony.
lnevo

Re: Is RA right for me?

Post by lnevo »

Welcome aboard. Sounds like you're in the right place. Don't be scared of the programming. If you can think logically and work through it, we can help and the wizard gets you pretty close.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

You can download the installer and play with the wizard and start looking at code before you even order.
orucco

Post by orucco »

Thank you! I did download it and will get familiar with it. I am still not clear on the analog or pwn? If I get the analog does it cover both in case I need it in the future? Thanks again!
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Yes you can change it later either way. Unless you switch to LED or Jaebo style powerheads you won't need them.
rickztahone

Post by rickztahone »

lnevo wrote:You can download the installer and play with the wizard and start looking at code before you even order.
Where might one download this?
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

"Download", near the top right of every page on this site. :mrgreen: