Temp Probe Issues

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
clw143

Temp Probe Issues

Post by clw143 »

I found my t1 probe working fine, t2 switching between 0 and the actual value, and t3 reading 0.

I ordered 1 new probe. The initial plug in of all three probes put all values at 77.5, this is the only time I have now seen them all work, BUT none of the temps changed when holding them in my hand, they were just locked there. After a series of moving probes and reboots, I am back at only t1 probe functioning with the only the new probe and I think the slot wont matter, occasional i get the t2 probe to do something but not repeatedly.

I think I am confusing my self as I know the head unit needs rebooted (or is it a power down?) before recognizing a new probe, but I don't understand the part that remembers them when moving them or just replacing one.

Do I have to make it forget all of them somehow? What else can I do to troubleshoot this?
rimai

Re: Temp Probe Issues

Post by rimai »

The probes only get scanned on reboot.
It doesn't matter which port you place them. They will get assigned according to the manufacturer ID they were burned. So, whichever probe has the lowest ID will be assigned T1 and the highest ID will be assigned T3.
I would start testing one at a time to make sure that they are working as expected.
Roberto.
clw143

Post by clw143 »

Thanks for the information, that was the key I needed.

I have found my middle temp input is bad.
Also, any two of my four probes in the outer inputs used, makes one of the temp indications flash briefly to 0 and back to temp (not always the same input).

I also noticed my low water float toggles between on and off randomly so as soon as the high float comes down it triggers my top off.

Both of these issues are fairly new, however I have had issues for a while trying to calibrate a pH probe. Maybe it is all related to the board going bad?

I guess it might just be time to get a new plus board or upgrade to the star.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah, that sounds like there is some problem happening there.
Roberto.