click click click

New members questions
rossbryant1956

click click click

Post by rossbryant1956 »

I made what I thought was my first serious progress changing from reefsimple to my own generated pde tonite....I was so proud!

Keep in mind I have almost nothing hooked up yet, just my first temp sensor. Uploaded successfully but the outlet box starting clicking very fast. I dropped back to punt, reloaded reefsimple and looked around. I then turned off the PWM setting in RAGen, wondering it that was it, reloaded, but it still did it.

The display showed errors on temp 2 and 3. although they are not plugged in. Here is my code loaded as an attachment. Thx
Attachments
myfirst.txt
(96.29 KiB) Downloaded 393 times
Roscoe's Reefs - Starting Over Again:

Building new 29g Nano after landlord went berserk over my 4 75 gallon tanks, Multiple RA's, Water mixing stations, etc. Your help welcomed in remembering all I've forgotten.
binder

Re: click click click

Post by binder »

If you got the rapid "clicking" from the outlet box after uploading code created with RAGen, that means that the InternalMemory values are not set. You need to generate the InternalMemory code and then upload that to the controller then upload your generated PDE code.
InternalMemory is located under the Controller Menu inside RAGen. Once generated, upload that code.
rimai

Post by rimai »

The code you attached is the reefangelsimple code.
The problem that you had was caused by not having an initial internal memory file loaded into the controller.
You can generate your own internal memory file with RAGen, or you can just load the one below.
After that, you can load your own PDE and it should stop the clicks.

Code: Select all

// Autogenerated file by RAGen (v1.2.0.140), (01/31/2012 21:45)
// Memory_013112_2145.pde
//
// This file sets the default values to the Internal Memory
//

#include <ReefAngel_Features.h>
#include <ReefAngel_Globals.h>
#include <Time.h>
#include <OneWire.h>
#include <Phillips6610LCDInv.h>
#include <avr/pgmspace.h>
#include <ReefAngel_EEPROM.h>

Phillips6610LCDInv e;

void setup()
{
    e.lcd_init();
    e.lcd_clear(COLOR_WHITE,0,0,132,132);
    e.lcd_BacklightOn();

InternalMemory.MHOnHour_write(8);
    InternalMemory.MHOnMinute_write(0);
    InternalMemory.MHOffHour_write(15);
    InternalMemory.MHOffMinute_write(0);
    InternalMemory.MHDelay_write(5);
    InternalMemory.StdLightsOnHour_write(8);
    InternalMemory.StdLightsOnMinute_write(0);
    InternalMemory.StdLightsOffHour_write(15);
    InternalMemory.StdLightsOffMinute_write(0);
    InternalMemory.DP1OnHour_write(20);
    InternalMemory.DP1OnMinute_write(0);
    InternalMemory.DP2OnHour_write(22);
    InternalMemory.DP2OnMinute_write(30);
    InternalMemory.DP1Timer_write(10);
    InternalMemory.DP2Timer_write(10);
    InternalMemory.DP1RepeatInterval_write(60);
    InternalMemory.DP2RepeatInterval_write(60);
    InternalMemory.ATOTimeout_write(60);
    InternalMemory.ATOHighTimeout_write(60);
    InternalMemory.ATOHourInterval_write(0);
    InternalMemory.ATOHighHourInterval_write(0);
    InternalMemory.FeedingTimer_write(900);
    InternalMemory.LCDTimer_write(600);
    InternalMemory.LEDPWMActinic_write(50);
    InternalMemory.LEDPWMDaylight_write(50);
    InternalMemory.WM1Timer_write(200);
    InternalMemory.WM2Timer_write(354);
    InternalMemory.HeaterTempOn_write(780);
    InternalMemory.HeaterTempOff_write(791);
    InternalMemory.ChillerTempOn_write(810);
    InternalMemory.ChillerTempOff_write(785);
    InternalMemory.OverheatTemp_write(1500);
    InternalMemory.PHMax_write(840);
    InternalMemory.PHMin_write(550);
}

void loop()
{
    // display the values
    char buf[128];
    sprintf(buf, "MH %2d:%02d-%2d:%02d,%d", InternalMemory.MHOnHour_read(), InternalMemory.MHOnMinute_read(),
                                         InternalMemory.MHOffHour_read(), InternalMemory.MHOffMinute_read(),
                                         InternalMemory.MHDelay_read());
    e.lcd_draw_text(COLOR_BLACK, COLOR_WHITE, MENU_START_COL, MENU_START_ROW, buf);
    sprintf(buf, "Std %2d:%02d-%2d:%02d", InternalMemory.StdLightsOnHour_read(), InternalMemory.StdLightsOnMinute_read(),
                                          InternalMemory.StdLightsOffHour_read(), InternalMemory.StdLightsOffMinute_read());
    e.lcd_draw_text(COLOR_BLACK, COLOR_WHITE, MENU_START_COL, MENU_START_ROW*2, buf);
    sprintf(buf, "LED A: %d%% D: %d%%", InternalMemory.LEDPWMActinic_read(), InternalMemory.LEDPWMDaylight_read());
    e.lcd_draw_text(COLOR_BLACK, COLOR_WHITE, MENU_START_COL, MENU_START_ROW*3, buf);
    sprintf(buf, "WM1: %ds", InternalMemory.WM1Timer_read());
    e.lcd_draw_text(COLOR_BLACK, COLOR_WHITE, MENU_START_COL, MENU_START_ROW*4, buf);
    sprintf(buf, "WM2: %ds", InternalMemory.WM2Timer_read());
    e.lcd_draw_text(COLOR_BLACK, COLOR_WHITE, MENU_START_COL, MENU_START_ROW*5, buf);
    sprintf(buf, "F: %ds", InternalMemory.FeedingTimer_read());
    e.lcd_draw_text(COLOR_BLACK, COLOR_WHITE, MENU_START_COL, MENU_START_ROW*6, buf);
    sprintf(buf, "S: %ds", InternalMemory.LCDTimer_read());
    e.lcd_draw_text(COLOR_BLACK, COLOR_WHITE, MENU_START_COL, MENU_START_ROW*7, buf);
    sprintf(buf, "H On: %d -> %d", InternalMemory.HeaterTempOn_read(), InternalMemory.HeaterTempOff_read());
    e.lcd_draw_text(COLOR_BLACK, COLOR_WHITE, MENU_START_COL, MENU_START_ROW*9, buf);
    sprintf(buf, "C On: %d -> %d", InternalMemory.ChillerTempOn_read(), InternalMemory.ChillerTempOff_read());
    e.lcd_draw_text(COLOR_BLACK, COLOR_WHITE, MENU_START_COL, MENU_START_ROW*10, buf);
    sprintf(buf, "PH %d - %d", InternalMemory.PHMax_read(), InternalMemory.PHMin_read());
    e.lcd_draw_text(COLOR_BLACK, COLOR_WHITE, MENU_START_COL, MENU_START_ROW*11, buf);

delay(10000);

sprintf(buf, "OH: %dF", InternalMemory.OverheatTemp_read());
    e.lcd_draw_text(COLOR_BLACK, COLOR_WHITE, MENU_START_COL, MENU_START_ROW, buf);
    sprintf(buf, "ATO L: %ds (%dh)", InternalMemory.ATOTimeout_read(), InternalMemory.ATOHourInterval_read());
    e.lcd_draw_text(COLOR_BLACK, COLOR_WHITE, MENU_START_COL, MENU_START_ROW*2, buf);
    sprintf(buf, "ATO H: %ds (%dh)", InternalMemory.ATOHighTimeout_read(), InternalMemory.ATOHighHourInterval_read());
    e.lcd_draw_text(COLOR_BLACK, COLOR_WHITE, MENU_START_COL, MENU_START_ROW*3, buf);

sprintf(buf, "DP1: %2d:%02d", InternalMemory.DP1OnHour_read(), InternalMemory.DP1OnMinute_read());
    e.lcd_draw_text(COLOR_BLACK, COLOR_WHITE, MENU_START_COL, MENU_START_ROW*5, buf);
    sprintf(buf, "     %ds", InternalMemory.DP1Timer_read());
    e.lcd_draw_text(COLOR_BLACK, COLOR_WHITE, MENU_START_COL, MENU_START_ROW*6, buf);
    sprintf(buf, "DP2: %2d:%02d", InternalMemory.DP2OnHour_read(), InternalMemory.DP2OnMinute_read());
    e.lcd_draw_text(COLOR_BLACK, COLOR_WHITE, MENU_START_COL, MENU_START_ROW*7, buf);
    sprintf(buf, "     %ds", InternalMemory.DP2Timer_read());
    e.lcd_draw_text(COLOR_BLACK, COLOR_WHITE, MENU_START_COL, MENU_START_ROW*8, buf);

delay(10000);
}
Roberto.
rossbryant1956

Post by rossbryant1956 »

that worked like a charm...thx

I still see "error" on t2 and t3 on the display even tho they aren't hooked up. How do I fix that?
Roscoe's Reefs - Starting Over Again:

Building new 29g Nano after landlord went berserk over my 4 75 gallon tanks, Multiple RA's, Water mixing stations, etc. Your help welcomed in remembering all I've forgotten.
binder

Post by binder »

rossbryant1956 wrote:that worked like a charm...thx

I still see "error" on t2 and t3 on the display even tho they aren't hooked up. How do I fix that?
That's normal. If the temp sensor is not plugged in, an "error" will display on the screen.