RA* - Disable Sleep/Screensaver?

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:39 am
Is there a way to disable the "screen saver" or sleep mode on the RA*? I'm having a problem with relays randomly getting stuck on/off. I'll wake up in the wee hours of the morning to find that my actinics never turned off and my heater stuck on or off. The graph on my temp probe looks more like an EKG :) When I touch the screen on the head unit to get it out of sleep mode, the relays start working again.

I put the head unit on a programmable wifi smart plug that is power cycling the head unit every few hours and that's helping. I'd like to try disabling the sleep mode and see if that actually solves my problem though.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:33 am
there is a timer for the lcd. it uses a memory location to adjust it. I forget what the default is for it. I know you can change the value, so you can look into it. not sure how much it will help though.
if you look through the code, here's the variable/memory location for it: Mem_I_LCDTimer
or if you use one of the apps, you can change it there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:05 pm
Thanks, Curt! I have a couple more things I want to try first but if they don't pan out for me I'll dig back into this one.

Return to Standard