RA+ dimming port questions

Basic / Standard Reef Angel hardware
Mirror176

RA+ dimming port questions

Post by Mirror176 »

Is the circuit difference documented for the PWM vs analog dimming ports? I presume it was just parts left out to filter PWM to analog on that model.

Is the 16 channel PWM still a thing? Any reason it was never a reefangel store offering?

Are cables still sold/available for dimming connections? It looks like my RA+ has a couple pins "like" a PC fan might use and I thought the expansion module just had screwdown terminals to stick wires into. Are connectors documented by specification somewhere?
I never got a pair of cables setup for my Kessil light as I hadn't messed with looking into PWM to analog conversion or getting an expansion module as the A360W Tuna Sun(?) I have starts at a bright 40% output at its lowest according to a PAR meter which is where I usually ended up running it and I doubted a separate controller impacted its usable low end range. After a power outage where my reefangel went into an overtemp protection and I thought I smelled burnt plastic I learned I don't even know how to open the relay box...and it all worked again after plugging back together. Kessil seemed to dodge questions like me asking what brightness should the light output when first turned on with mention that a par meter doesn't read it properly and asking what the input impedance of the 0-10v input was just got a response to me of the voltage; maybe miscommunication but it was weird + frustrating.
brennyn21

Re: RA+ dimming port questions

Post by brennyn21 »

KF2510 2 pin is the connector for the dimming ports for the RAplus Relay Box. I am not completely aware of the circuit differences, between the 2, but my best assumption would be the analog relay box uses a low-pass filter to filter the PWM signal to analog so the PWM Relay box would be missing those components.

The dimming expansion does have a screw-down terminal block and can be 0-10v PWM or Analog, and 0-5v PWM to Analog as well as the Star Controller is the same.

I believe, the 16-channel dimming expansion was just for a few people and not a production product.

I do have some Dimming lead wires available, send me an email at info@reefangel.com if you are interested.

Hope this helps!
Sincerely, Brennyn