Hydor Koralia 4

Do you have a question on how to do something.
Ask in here.
treetopflyn

Hydor Koralia 4

Post by treetopflyn »

I picked up a couple used of Korilla 4's until I can get my MP40's. Is there any way to control these where they never go off just power down then power back up with a random cycle?

PS Please be easy. I just got my RA this week and this is ALL NEW to me. :shock:

Thanks
K
psyrob

Re: Hydor Koralia 4

Post by psyrob »

I don't think so...I think Koralia's are only controllable with the Hydor controller
symon_say

Post by symon_say »

No, there is no way to control koralia, even controllable ones need the proprietary controller.

If you're gonna use then on the wavemaker function don't put then to turn on/off in less that 15 min to extend the life, otherwise they will be damage really soon.
jsclownfish

Post by jsclownfish »

I cycle my Koralia's every 200 seconds. It may wear them down faster, but they are cost effective.

Jon
treetopflyn

Hydor Koralia 4

Post by treetopflyn »

jsclownfish wrote:I cycle my Koralia's every 200 seconds. It may wear them down faster, but they are cost effective.

Jon
That's what I am doing. I have them in 4-5-6-7 and the all cycle off and for 10-180 second with 2 on at all times.

I would love to have 2 off at night.
psyrob

Post by psyrob »

I have to evo 1050s and they have been going on and off in 45 second intervals for over a year now on my Reef Angel, no problems so far....
jsclownfish

Post by jsclownfish »

I forgot to mention, that the 5 & 6 ports are wired specifically for power head cycling and you may have some issues with using 4 & 7. I'd ask Roberto. You should be able to run more than one power head to a port with a power strip or extension though. I actually got a second box so I can program 4 powerheads independently. I run alternating sides of the tank throughout the day (slowing at night) and the other two just come on briefly for the first few minutes of each hour to mix things up and hopefully swirl any dead spots in the tank.

-Jon