Post by kimacom »

Can i see AP% and DP% on iphone app?
seamonkey

Re: Did someone say iPhone app?

Post by seamonkey »

lnevo wrote:
wolfador wrote:
jsclownfish wrote:Hi John,

I recently upgraded to an RA+ with v9 software and an expansion relay set. Works great on the iphone app, but the ipad app doesn't report the expansion relay and I get an msg to upgrade to v8.5.1.9 to use Modes. Not sure if those are related are not, but either way I thought I'd let you know.

-Jon

The iPad is a few releases out of date, working on an update to both of them.
Any update on the iPad version? I still get this v8.5.1.9 message...
I'm still getting the same message on the iPad.
AquaO

Post by AquaO »

Hello, I ordered the expansion module WiFi and ORP this week (I would like to thank Roberto for fast sending in less than 12 hours he was mark sent in my paypal account) I should receive it early next week (I live in Canada)

I took the lead and I download ReefAngel app on apple store and I noticed that I can not add the ORP probe?

Is it possible to monitor this parameter with the wifi??

thank you

Eric

Osaka 40g with 55g sump
Radion, 2X Tunze 6045, Swc-160 mini cone
rimai

Post by rimai »

:(
Someone needs to continue the work on the iphone/ipad app.
John is MIA for a long time.
Roberto.
AquaO

Post by AquaO »

Ok I understand why Astralmind told me to have an android phone...
But I have an iphone :cry:

Is there another solution like a web application?

I saw it here
dmolton wrote:
brianlow wrote:Why not make it a web app? Then it can be used on android, iphone, win 7, Macs, PCs...
Well, this sort of already exists if you have the wifi adapter. You can browse to http://wifiurl:2000/wifi and control the first outlet box and view temps - exactly what I do now on the app

brianlow wrote: (suggestion: reduce the number of typeface / color / size combinations for cleaner look)
Thanks, this is the kind of stuff I'm looking for. I never had a good eye for design stuff. I only see the functionality and data, so hearing how to make it look better is hugely helpful to me.

Osaka 40g with 55g sump
rimai

Post by rimai »

You can use the portal.
The internal web server needs updating too...
Piper started working on the web server, but I'm not sure how far he's gone with it.
Roberto.
AquaO

Post by AquaO »

Ok thank,

it's not very serious for the moment it's only the ORP probe that I can not see with the wifi.

I really look forward to the Wifi and ORP expansion module and install it. :D

Thank Eric

Osaka 40g with 55g sump
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

AquaO wrote:Ok thank,

it's not very serious for the moment it's only the ORP probe that I can not see with the wifi.

I really look forward to the Wifi and ORP expansion module and install it. :D

Thank Eric
New update was just submitted, ORP probe should be available once app is approved and released.
John
ReefAngel and ReefAngel-HD developer
If the RA iOS app has helped please consider a donation
AquaO

Post by AquaO »

Cool!! Thank you very much it's very appreciate :D

Osaka 40g with 55g sump
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Just got the iPad app! Looks great. A few issues though... no portrait mode? also Vortech mode shows the values in the Memory section but on the "My Tank" tab it shows no info... Also for the Memory section, would it be possible to make the "mode" a drop down with the different modes?

Edit: iPhone app is live now too! Thanks for the updates, and one more "gripe." On the iphone app on the "My Tank" section, it shows only the AI information...The iPad has the RF section on the right side in landscape... are these not showing on iphone due to that layout? Either way, the iPhone layout on that tab does seem a bit awkward. Just some thoughts for the next version :)
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

lnevo wrote:Just got the iPad app! Looks great. A few issues though... no portrait mode? also Vortech mode shows the values in the Memory section but on the "My Tank" tab it shows no info... Also for the Memory section, would it be possible to make the "mode" a drop down with the different modes?
Still working on the portrait mode, things were moving properly when switching views. Unfortunately I don't have a Vortech or the module so I was just working with some fake data. I will try and see if I can find out why its not working.
lnevo wrote: Edit: iPhone app is live now too! Thanks for the updates, and one more "gripe." On the iphone app on the "My Tank" section, it shows only the AI information...The iPad has the RF section on the right side in landscape... are these not showing on iphone due to that layout? Either way, the iPhone layout on that tab does seem a bit awkward. Just some thoughts for the next version :)
Still working on a way to to clean up the values so you don't see what you don't have. Same thing with the Vortech I use AI lights so I was able to make sure those work :)

Let me know if you find anything else wrong, I was sitting on most of these changes because I wanted to implement some more things but I decided to go ahead and release what I had just so you guys had some new stuff.
John
dbmet

Post by dbmet »

Got Both Updates.. Thanks for your work!!
lnevo

Did someone say iPhone app?

Post by lnevo »

Please don't take any of my comments as complaints...and i'm a in favor of releasing early releasing often, so i don't mind having a version with some issues. That the best way to get feedback, right? Anyway, just wanted to make sure to say a big Thank You for your work and contributions!!
pilonstar

Post by pilonstar »

Updated and running well, still have issues when I try to sync the modes with RF but 150% much better.
Thanks heaps for the effort.
Slow down to speed up
sebimme

Did someone say iPhone app?

Post by sebimme »

Why i can't adjust actinic and daylight pwm ... The app say "memory upload" but the value in the controller remain the same !
DougY

Post by DougY »

Just upgraded to the V2.0 app, but I seem to have some problems in the Settings/Memory section. When I try to change some variables like Dosing Pump Interval, I get the message "Updated - Mem Updated" 3 or 4 times, but nothing is actually saved (I check the memory location via direct http access). Other variables save okay (eg Feed Timer), but still display the "Updated - Mem Updated" message multiple times).

As far as future development, I know we all have different wants and needs which probably makes choosing a feature set for release "difficult"! How about having one page with a universal interface. It would simply consist of a list of user entered descriptors and and internal memory locations. Write access would be nice, but "read only" would be a good start.

Thanks for all your efforts!
tpriscu

Post by tpriscu »

Hi guys, I use the reefangel app on my iPhone. Thanks for adding the orp to the "my tank" section!
a.ash

Post by a.ash »

When I have my iPhone set to connect through the "back door", that is, via cellular and connecting to my dynamic DNS service I don't get any tank data (temperature, etc). The relay's update just fine but no other data is reported.
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

a.ash wrote:When I have my iPhone set to connect through the "back door", that is, via cellular and connecting to my dynamic DNS service I don't get any tank data (temperature, etc). The relay's update just fine but no other data is reported.
Is direct connect on or off?
John
a.ash

Post by a.ash »

Tried both ways. However it is all working now so I am not sure what happend.

Thanks.
DrewPalmer04

Post by DrewPalmer04 »

How can I edit what is displayed on the "my tank" screen? I don't use Salinity ORP or any of the AI? I would like to see the value for PWMA and PWMD
Out for now...but not over.

VISIT: Ethernet Module/Wifi Alternative
wandoshane

Post by wandoshane »

Jon,
I am having issues with my ipad controlling the tank which just recently happened. Everything was working fine then I lost connection on portal and ipad. Worked with roberto to get portal working the IPAD is still acting funny. I uninstalled and reinstalled app per roberto but something still isnt right. Can you help.
DrewPalmer04

Post by DrewPalmer04 »

I've gotten set up to continue work on anything someone might need for the iPhone/iPad. I'm not super skilled but can do basics. I'm going to remove ORP, salinity and AI stuff on mine. Then add PWMA and PWMD with %s. also. I can't fix this random app issues people are having. Nothing in the code suggests an issue. I can't push updates. So you'd have to figure out to get the files on your phone FYI

lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I still have problems editing memory locations. Even ones that are part of the menu entry screen, like the vortech mode :(

I think you need to have your phone on developer code in order to test beta software (non apple-store), unless your jailbroken.

2nd the ability to see PWMA and PWMD. Also ATO statuses.. and custom variables? (those would have to go to portal though..)
DrewPalmer04

Post by DrewPalmer04 »

I'm jail broken lol. So that's up to anyone who doesn't want to jailbreak. But I'll work on those.

Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

Okay big dummy here can't figure out how to change my mp40 modes via iPhone app. I see 3 fields in the memory section under ecotech that read 255. What gives with those?

I was hoping there wold be a way to have a simple drop down menu on the my tank screen.

This rf expansion config has thrown the biggest loop in my ra experience.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I always wanted that too.
Maybe we can ask Curt and Jon to add it to both apps :)
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:I always wanted that too.
Maybe we can ask Curt and Jon to add it to both apps :)
Yeah, I REALLY do need to update the memory section to make it much easier. It's definitely on my list of things to do. Maybe I'll be able to start working on that here soon. :)
aus996

Post by aus996 »

Hi Guys, literally only had this RA up and running int he last few days, still going through some teething issues but getting there. i am running everything on a mac and also using the Iphone app.

Couple of quick things that I have noticed which may be bugs ( or could just be me :mrgreen: ) but I thought I would list them in any case, my apologies if these are known issues and are already in the mix to be fixed
When choosing temp scale, all is good when working in F but change to C and it changes the designator on the front screen but not the actual temperature read out. this is also the same for the memory setting.

In memory for heater off and overheat the defaults of 77 ( for off) and 80 (for overheat) dont seem to be overideable
I can get 800F :mrgreen: for overheat, me thinks a little to hot, but any other settings i plug in and save, when I come back to it have reset to 77 and 80

heater temp on however seems to work fine.

Once again if these are known issues or just my poor driving i do apologize, this is a great app and overall set up but I am really out of my depth in this field so Im on a steep learning curve cheers Steve
805reefer

Post by 805reefer »

Any luck with adding pwm on iPhone app